Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Got some compliments on it today. It's one of my favorite thrift finds because it's amazingly well made but has no maker tag in it so it's like a mystery.

Comment

At the NYE party - they got the pics online yesterday.

I felt good in my new Indochino! It used to be the Black Day at the Office suit, but now it's an Essential suit. You can get the curved vest under Advanced options. I'm split on the vest - I like the uniqueness, but in some ways, I wish I had the regular v-neck. Guess I need another suit or two or three...

Oh yeah, standing up and unbuttoned. =P My only other self-criticism here is that my collar looks really small. It's a 1MX ESF shirt with a Penguin tie. Funny to see myself without a beard either.

Comment

I like your shirt / tie combo, but your shirt collar is very loose around your neck. You probably need at least an inch off your collar size.

Comment

That would tough...I get the smallest neck size (15) for my sleeve length (35). But I get what you're saying, it's just been tough for me to follow the one-finger-of-space rule for my neck.

Comment

If you're doing MTM suits, you should also probably invest in some MTM shirts with correct neck sizes. Everything else looks pretty good, except I always opt for a spread collar when wearing a tie, but that is just personal preference and doesn't really detract from the outfit.

And Jason, that windowpane SC is brilliant. How much did you have to get it altered? Some day I'll find something in my size nearly as cool as that..

Comment

I had to have it let out around the waist (incidentally I'm gonna be back in the gym next week) but that's it.

Comment

ZachL - I was looking on Ratio/Clothing before you mentioned that, and I'm tempted.

Comment

I've got nobody to take my pics so they're all dark and fuzzy. Go ahead and read for a better description. That being said, here's WIWT:

http://i41.tinypic.com/6p9hxg.jpg

sport coat: brown herringbone (thrifted)

sweater: burgundy cashmere

shirt: plain white pinpoint oxford with button collar

jeans: BR jeans

shoes: Born Nathaniels

watch: Fossil Walter

Comment

@Alan, that's a great look. The coat fits you well. Oh, and nice tub

Comment

Playing catch-up. Here's what I wore on January 1:

http://i41.tinypic.com/ndouid.jpg

sport coat: Murano corduroy (kind of fuzzy / not cotton). doesn't fit well, but I like it

shirt: LEC pink oxford

sweater: LE grey sweater vest

jeans: Armani Exchange jeans

shoes: KC New York grey leather sneakers

Comment

@JC: LOL thanks on the compliments. :-) I've been in that house nearly 3 years and have never used the tub once. Instead, that's where I leave the scale since the only place in the bathroom without carpet. :-P

Comment

More catch-up. This is January 4:

http://i42.tinypic.com/153spjp.jpg

suit: Hilfiger grey trim fit pinstripe (See, they don't have to be COMPLETELY disgusting in the shoulders depending on your frame.)

shoes: Cremieux rust-colored split toe oxfords (bluchers, to be precise)

sweater: grey LE sweater vest

shirt: white pinpoint oxford (probably Roundtree & York)

tie: grey/white plaid cotton tie (I think. Been a while since the pic was taken.)

Comment

Correction to the previous post. That's my navy suit. No wonder it looks like it fits so well. It's not a Hilfiger. :-P

Comment

Any tips on where to find a 14" neck/34" sleeve shirt? I started to put a Ratio order together, but I wonder if anyone makes that size. You can't get a Paul Fredrick in that combo, for example.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen it. They don't usually even go down to 14".

Comment

Working...
                                X