This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    @Mikey: Good use of white chinos casually. I like that fit a lot.

It's probably been well over two months since I last put on a blazer. Trying to work along the lines of: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...THOUT-a-jacket Hope I'm not starting to look too unprofessional tho. Around the office:

Wool Pants JCF thompson
    JCF shirt
    Unknown cotton tie
    Levi Jacket
    Allen Edmonds Kenilworth

Comment

Originally posted by joshjensen View Post
      Starting to warm up a bit here, but wanted to rock my new jacket.

Shirt: Heritage/Forever 21 (eyeroll...)
      Jeans: Levi's 511
      Tie: Vintage
      Tie bar: ....the tie bar
      Jacket: Gap
      Belt: Target
      How do you like that field jacket from the gap?

I'm the market for one myself and that looks pretty good for gap
      Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Casual Friday for a rainy day:

Shirt - bonobos
        Pants - bonobos travel jeans
        Shoes - AE McTavish
        Socks - richer poorer
        Watch - Tourneau
        Coat - Uniqlo rain moc (not pictured)

Comment

Originally posted by andrew4h View Post
          Casual Friday for a rainy day:

Shirt - bonobos
          Pants - bonobos travel jeans
          Shoes - AE McTavish
          Socks - richer poorer
          Watch - Tourneau
          Coat - Uniqlo rain moc (not pictured)
          Looks good- question -> do you ever bar tie your AE shoes? Jeans are a nice length- no puddles by the AE which is always a good thing
          Last edited by Kevbo; March 15, 2013, 07:58 AM.
          eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

I think I bar-tied these when I first got them a year or so ago, but I think it was annoying to pull off and put on (loosening and tightening wise) so I switched them to cross lacing.

Comment

yea thats the one drawback ill agree. Fortunately I do like my BR and AE penny loafers so if im feeling lazy I just slip them on. I really wish Bonobos fit me- im extra slim in shirts and pants- from the reviews ive read it seems that Bonobos is not tailored enough for overly thin gents
              eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

Love it. It could be a little more fitted, but it looks and feels fantastic.

Comment

I prolly should get some darts in the back of my bonobos shirts (there is that poof of fabric over the rear end) but its not too big a deal. Eventually I guess. Honestly, I like the shirts I have--of course never paid full price--but find my CT shirts just feel better. Their tailored fit is pretty good for me, still maybe some excess fabric, but not horrible. I should prolly try JCrew again, havent bought a shirt from them in years. Thoughts on sizing if i am 16.5 34.5 in CT?

Comment

Dressed up for court this morning. I'll be switching to t-shirt and shorts momentarily, since it's already balls hot out, especially in the sun.

BR jacket
                    Neiman Marcus shirt
                    BR tie
                    JCF Bedford trousers
                    MT Silversmiths belt
                    Hamilton watch
                    Florsheim Haviland longwings
                    Ben

Comment

Figured I'd put my new blazer to work. Haven't had a chance to get it tailored yet so I'll be wearing it unbuttoned until then.

Comment

Trying out the grey herringbone today. Had a hard time getting out the door this morning - I kept wanting to try different shirt/color combinations and am still not sure how I feel about the navy & purple mini-gingham. Definitely feeling more "dressed up" with this jacket than I do with my usual navy Kensington even though nothing else has changed.

BR Herringbone
                        JCP Gingham
                        514s
                        Orient Ray
                        AE Kenilworths

Comment

Being a bum again. Just got out of the shower so there's some water marks:

Target Henley
                          514s
                          Wolverine 1Ks

Comment

Comment

@vicious--I'm jealous that you can wear a blazer OTR at all. At the very least I have to get the sleeves shortened.

@Eric F--I'm sure the color works fine (the herringbone makes a nice grey from a distance and both of those colors definitely work with grey), but the small gingham is confusing the camera or something. It's hard to make out the pattern in the full length. It may look better if the gingham was of a larger scale?
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                                Trying out the grey herringbone today ... and am still not sure how I feel about the navy & purple mini-gingham.
                                I think they both look great. And you look less "dressed up" than you probably feel - "put together" is a better description. I'd go with darker socks in the future, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X