Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I ended up going with the brown laces, but do you think it would have looked fine with the red laces? Also, last time I was at BR I realized I might even be able to size down to a small in their shirts. Guess that explains why even the mediums seem big on me.



    shirt - BR
    pants - Bonobos
    watch - orient
    shoes - AE

    Comment


      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I ended up going with the brown laces, but do you think it would have looked fine with the red laces? Also, last time I was at BR I realized I might even be able to size down to a small in their shirts. Guess that explains why even the mediums seem big on me.


      Personally, I do like the red-lace (and other colored-laces look - to a point), but for some reason, maybe because they are brand new(?), maybe because of the photo/exposure(?), those look too bright, IMO. A more subdued red, closer to the red hue in your shirt, would've jived better, I bet, for the colored-lace route.

      Also, of course, it's all up to each individual, but I'm not so sure that your shirt there fits you so badly. I would be cautious of the shoulders and the sleeve length on a size small. I see that you might be talking about the (little bit of) bagginess in the mid-section and in the arm girths (whoah! - that sounds wrong - the arm *circumferences* - whatever). But maybe you could have them tailored a bit? Dunno. You know your own body and how the clothes feel too, not just look. If a size Small works, then by all means... Just my personal opinion based upon one picture.

      Comment


        Originally posted by piperty View Post
        Live in Burlington (Hour south of Topeka)...You a fellow Kansan?
        I live in Lawrence. And I'm just finishing my student teaching this Spring. It's a small world.

        Sorry for the threadjack, all.

        Comment


          Wow, lots of good stuff today. Shomas, love the vintage tie, and the fact that you kept everything else conservative to let the tie do all the talking. Piperty, I think it looks good. I'm not a bow tie guy myself, but it can be done well, and I think mixing patterns is a good way to keep them from being little-boy-ish. LosRockets, the burgundy knit with that shirt would look good when it shows up.

          Here's me with my little girl. Ok, so, is this over the edge in terms of pattern mixing? Too #menswear?

          Comment


            Originally posted by BB View Post
            Here's me with my little girl. Ok, so, is this over the edge in terms of pattern mixing? Too #menswear?
            The tie does not work with the shirt. However, you get a pass because you're a father.

            Comment


              Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              The tie does not work with the shirt. However, you get a pass because you're a father.
              Doesn't particularly bother me, except that the knot is rather small. It's a navy stripe with relatively spaced stripes and a red gingham check. It's really just the knot that does it for me. And the button down collar. But as far as pattern mixing go, I'm not dizzy or anything, which means it was a solid enough job imo

              Comment


                Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                The tie does not work with the shirt. However, you get a pass because you're a father.
                Ha, yes -- "If I hold the baby, they will be distracted from the dissonant outfit..." Yes, thanks for the feedback.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  Doesn't particularly bother me, except that the knot is rather small. It's a navy stripe with relatively spaced stripes and a red gingham check. It's really just the knot that does it for me. And the button down collar. But as far as pattern mixing go, I'm not dizzy or anything, which means it was a solid enough job imo
                  I know some folks don't like button down collars, but I actually like the look. But I think you're right that a bigger knot would be better.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BB View Post
                    I know some folks don't like button down collars, but I actually like the look. But I think you're right that a bigger knot would be better.
                    I prefer a button down collar myself.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TheMimbo View Post
                      I prefer a button down collar myself.
                      Me too. Especially since I don't wear blazers that often and it is way to warm to layer (even now) down here in FL. It was friggin 82 today.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

                      Comment


                        I don't know if it's just me, but if it's a rougher material jacket, like say a tweed or cord jacket, I prefer a button-down, whereas for worsted wool and cotton or linen, I prefer a non-button down.

                        Comment


                          Bum again:



                          BR shirt
                          514s
                          wool tie
                          Filson jacket

                          Comment


                            @foodie - Nicely dressed up, like this look a lot!

                            Yesterday:


                            Shirt - Gap
                            Jacket - Topman
                            Jeans - Primark
                            Shoes - super old somethings
                            Belt - Mexx
                            Scarf -Dad's

                            Comment


                              Standard Teacher-wear today. Ready for some warmer weather so that I can break out some better color.

                              Shirt: Stafford Tailored
                              Tie: Tommy Hilfiger
                              Tie Bar: The Tie Bar
                              Belt: Fossil
                              Pants: Express
                              Shoes: Aldo

                              Comment


                                @BB: That's true, the button down collar/tie thing isn't too big a deal, more an opinion. But I really did like the pattern mixing, whatever the almight bruschetta thinks =P

                                @Matt: It's funny you said nicely dressed up when he said bum =P Digging your outfit, especially the burgundy on the blue

                                @piperty: Looks good; nice tie dimple. Not a fan of the shirt-tie look myself though; I prefer a blazer over a tie. Urge you to consider (although... blazers are so much more expensive...)

                                By now, you guys are probably noticing patterns. Such as that I only have the one denim jacket, and I love it. And also that I always push up my sleeves (good catch Shomas). I have a really fast metabolism so even though I spend around 5 hours a week in the gym lifting, I still have really really slim arms. No sleeves actually fit slim, except possibly H&M on occasion. So I push them up to divide the arm in half and make them look bigger.

                                Jacket: Guess
                                Flannel: American Eagle
                                V neck: Express
                                Jeans: Express

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X