This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew4h View Post
    @Idle hands, its Uniqlo (as is the t-shirt). Size medium pictured, the material is pretty thin, very nice for this climate--wore no coat or anything today.
    Thanks, man. Will have to swing by Uniqlo and check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
      Another incognito WIWT:

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
      Sweater: Merona from Target
      Watch: Lacoste sport watch
      Pants: Bonobos
      Socks: Happy Socks
      Shoes: Beckett Simonom maroon longwings
      RiveDroit - are those the Bonobos Winstons? Love those pants.

Comment

Continuing being a bum

BR pants
        BR polo
        Levi jacket
        Tso loafers

Comment

@ Redbeardedmike, Thanks. I think they're called "The Truth" (no joke) http://www.bonobos.com/thetruth
          Paul Pierce reference or not, these trousers are legit. The most comfortable dress pants I have, they're like wearing pajama pants.

Comment

Nice jacket foodie! Ever tried dressing it up? I'm thinking slacks, dress shirt and a plaid tie for example? Sorry if you did and I missed it.

Tried dressing down today, but I'm not really feeling the casual game:

The jacket was an afterthought as it is freezing here, needed another layer, might have been better without it.

T shirt and V-neck - Primark
            Jeans - H&M
            Jacket - Uniqlo
            Shoes - Converse

Comment

@Acoustic: I think that look is damn near perfect. I love the simplicity. But Y U No tuck Polo? That would have been the icing on the cake for me.

@Matt: I'm really digging the color combination of the T shirt and sweater. It seems like Primark have upped their game. The last time I looked in there (admittedly it has been 5 years since I lived in the UK) they had so much synthetic fabric that the place was a fire hazard.

@Vicious: Stop making me want to buy an Orient dress watch, I have too many watches already I like that Hickey Freeman too.

Comment

First post in the WIWT section...Parent-Teacher Conferences on a cold day in Kansas.

Sweater: BR
                Shirt: Club Room for Macy's
                Bow: The Tie Bar
                Pants: Express
                Shoes: Aldo
                Socks: Van Heusen

Comment

Cardigan: Express
                  Tee: American Eagle
                  Jeans: H&M

Comment

Finally got this Brooks Brothers navy blazer back from the tailor. Paid $70 for it off eBay and dropped $150 in alterations... still think I came out winning since it's made in the USA of Super 120's wool and is at least half-canvassed.

Blazer: Brooks Brothers
                    Shirt: Uniqlo
                    Tie, tie bar & pocket square: The Tie Bar
                    Pants: Uniqlo
                    Shoes: Allen Edmonds' Kenilworth
                    Beard: Rugged

Critique always welcome.

Comment

Decided to "dress up" for school today (being a 34 y/o full time student in undergrad makes things a little tricky IMO). Really the only dofference between this and my daily "uniform" is chinos vs. jeans and monks vs. db. This is my first official WIWT, so feedback is definitely welcomed.

Shirt: JCF
                      Pants: GAP tailored straight
                      Shoes: Bostonian single monk
                      Watch: timex weekender w/ $3 strap from Michaels
                      Last edited by MarkB; March 12, 2013, 12:10 PM.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

TomasR - Not sure if it's the lighting, but something on the shoulders looks off. It looks like there's a weird hump a few inches before the shoulder seam.

Comment

@ChrisW - No, Primark is still pretty crap. Their knitwear is atrocious. This one is 100% Acryl too, sad to admit. I bought it way back for about 5 pounds, so not regretting it, and it actually feels nice. They do try to improve a bit, but mixing in 5-10% wool with all the synthetics is not enough. I find their trouser selection okay, they have okay chinos. But you sometimes have to try on a couple of the same size till you find one that fits right. And yeah, they will fall apart after a season. But they are ridiculously cheap. Sometimes I buy T-shirts there but after a couple of washes they are not really nice anymore.

Comment

Matt, I agree that this looks pretty good. However, I think it'd me miles better with darker jeans.
                            Piperty, it's definitely pattern-rich at the edges, but with the solid sweater and pants, I think you pull it off. Also, there's something I like a lot about wearing the bow tie to the parent-teacher conference.
                            TomasR, I see the same issue as Vicious with the shoulders - could they be a bit wide?
                            MarkB, welcome! You are straddling the "don't be a typical shlubby undergrad" / "dont' be the old guy undergrad" line nicely.

Me today:

Jacket: BR
                            Shirt: J Crew Factory
                            Pants: J Crew Factory
                            PS: LEC
                            Tie: Rooster (vintage ebay score)
                            Watch: Timex weekender
                            Shoes: AE
                            Socks: J Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                              Cardigan: Express
                              Tee: American Eagle
                              Jeans: H&M
                              I like the colors you have working together here. I don't love the sleeves-pushed-up thing, but it's kind of a signature for you, so feel free to ignore me (as if you needed permission...).

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                                Piperty, it's definitely pattern-rich at the edges, but with the solid sweater and pants, I think you pull it off. Also, there's something I like a lot about wearing the bow tie to the parent-teacher conference.
                                Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I never really paid attention to the pattern-richness, but you are correct! Now I know to never consider wearing a patterned pant with this getup. I'll also be interested to see the reaction to the bow tie. I wear a tie every day, but seldom pull out the bow. Plus, being new at this particular school, in this particular area, the bow can get a funny reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X