Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More workwear style today. If you think I'm wearing the same things over and over again... you're right. Because I'm still on winter break, still away from home, and still living out of a suitcase (with a couple recent additions).

Shirt (under): LEC striped oxford

Shirt (over): Carhartt chambray

Pants: LEC slim-fit chino

Shoes: Chippewa Classics 6" boot

Watch: L.L. Bean vintage field watch

Ben

Comment

• I wouldn't say the necklace is too feminine, but wearing it on the outside of the shirt might be. :-S

Comment

• @ Alan - Yeah I wasn't doing that intentionally, it kept popping out of its own volition. I took the necklace off - I think it could be cool in theory if it were a smaller stone but as is it looks too much like some weird teardrop pendant. Oh well.

For now my jewelry will continue to be limited to my little ropey bracelet thing and a watch.

Ben

Comment

• I received a ton of compliments today, which is always nice. Even from random dudes I work with. I wasn't terribly sure of the combo but went with it anyways. My favorite comment was from a 60+ year old guy I work with that always wears Patagonia fleeces with keen boots, light wash dad jeans, and wrap around sunglasses: "Did you look at yourself in the mirror this morning?" I responded, "Yes." He replied, "Did you have your tie on at the time? Kudos to you for wearing that, but I couldn't."

Sorry for the bad pictures, iPhone camera and not super clean mirror.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117893561302459299254/January62012

Blazer: INC ultra light from Macys

Tie: Pierrepoint Hicks. Makes fantastic ties. This one: http://www.pierreponthicks-shop.com/product/new-tie

Shirt: Blank Label

Pants: Levi's 514s

Watch: Barely can see it, but its a Titanium Seiko from several years ago

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

• I really like both the shirt and the tie, but together they might be too busy for me.

Comment

• I like the combo a lot greg_s. Also, I love those ties, but of course they'd be way out of my price range.

Comment

• Appreciate the comments fellas. It was a very nice Christmas gift. But I do want to acquire another this year at some point with my style resolution to buy more made in the USA.

That and one of these http://www.otisjamesnashville.com/store/neckties.php

Comment

• Casual errands day. And my first time embedding a picture so let's hope this goes smoothly.

Sweater: Banana Republic

Shirt: LL Bean Signature

Watch: barely visible, Nixon blackout

Pants: J. Crew cords

Shoes: Red Wing Iron Rangers

Comment

• For those of y'all taking pics with both hands free, are you dragging your friends out to take a pic or are you just flagging down random strangers? :-)

The only full length mirrors in my house are accompanied by crappy lighting so its hard to get a picture that works at all without some help.

Comment

• I can't get good pictures myself. I subject my significant other to being the photographer.

Comment

• greg_s - Like the sidewalk look you've got going. The toggle sweater shows off quite a bit of the shirt underneath, in a good way. Just well coordinated.

BenR - I like this look of yours the most. Seems well assembled. Agree with Alan about the necklace - it reminds me of friends of mine who don't have a very good sense of style. I think your intuition was right on that.

For both - I like the boots a lot!

Comment

• Since there was discussion of what the quilted jackets look like worn, and since Tat said he didn't think he could wear his with business clothes, I snapped a WIWT pic on my way out tonight.

Jacket by Barbour x Tokito

Sweater by Banana Republic

Tie by Astor & Black, thrifted

Shirt by Astor & Black, thrifted

Pants by Bonobos, Ron Wilson's Brown glenplaid wool

Socks by Happy Socks

Shoes by Cole Haan

Driving cap by Van Huesen

Comment

• I've been noticing that when you buy the RIGHT clothes, all of a sudden it becomes easier to dress up or dress down the whole ensemble without liking awkward, just by changing a single piece. It makes mixing and matching easier and the whole closet becomes more versatile as a result.

Comment

• Wore my thrifted DB peak lapel sportcoat for the first time today. I love this coat

Shirt by polo, thrifted

Tie by Brooks Bros 346, thrifted

Pocket square from The Tie Bar

Pants by Bonobos

Comment

• Thats a great look Jason.

Comment

Working...
                                X