This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Changing it up a bit today. The wife was making fun of me saying 'don't I get a what I wore today' and even stood in my usual pic spot so I took a pic of her. She doesn't realize yet that it's being posted.
    Please let Mrs. Vicious know that we can't judge an outfit unless she provides shots from multiple angles. Ahem ahem.

Comment

This is a terrible photo and my tie is a bit askew, but...

I got called "Dapper Dan" and "fedorable" by strangers on the street. True story.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        Please let Mrs. Vicious know that we can't judge an outfit unless she provides shots from multiple angles. Ahem ahem.
        She said dappered is not that kind of website.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          She said dappered is not that kind of website.
          Well, gentlemen, I tried.

You're a lucky man! (Even more so because she supports your style hobby.)

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            This is a terrible photo and my tie is a bit askew, but...

I got called "Dapper Dan" and "fedorable" by strangers on the street. True story.
            Looks great! I wear a fedora, too--straw in summer, felt in winter. Yes, I get looks and comments (Indiana Jones is one name I get called), but screw those people. I know the hats look good, and I like wearing them.

Comment

Night at the movies, nothing too fancy. Closest thing to a full-length shot I could manage.

Shirt: Banana Republic
              Jacket: Gap (new!)
              Jeans: Levi's 511
              Shoes: Gray Slip-on Vans

Comment

Nice spring day in NYC

Comment

@Jake: Details on the watch? I like the canvas strap.

---

Perfect day for going sockless here in southern California, so I opted to give the loafers some play. I bought these dirt cheap at Macy's thinking that I'd originally wear them while driving to campus (clutch action has been hell on my other shoes), but they are comfy and I'm in a lounging mood today. Maybe I ought to invest in a decent pair when these wear out.

Simple outfit so no full picture, but I just wanted to jump on the "nice weather" bandwagon.

Comment

@Eric - just an old fossil i doctored up with a Ebay Canvas -
                    Last edited by Jake101; March 10, 2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

@Shomas- Great look- I can't pill off the pants like you can! Your look alsways seems polished and trim! Thanks for the inspiration!

@Josh- those Gap field jackets are the look I trying to find without tailoring a real OD field jacket- just wish those had a drawcord waist.

@Duvel & LesserBD- I've really been looking hard at starting on the fedora- maybe a lower profile one but nothing too trendy. Hats just seem to finish the look.

Comment

vicious- thanks for helping to validate to my wife that shirts can be worn un-tucked and longer than a sweater on women- she's been going through the dilemma of whether or not that it's an acceptable look for women!

I like those quilted jackets- has a sportsman flair to it!

Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                          Nice spring day in NYC
                          merona ocbd?

Comment

Overcast day in NYC so I went heavy on gray and blue. Also busting out the new Loake Pimlicos for the first time.

Blazer: J. Crew Ludlow
                            Shirt: Uniqlo
                            Tie, tie bar & pocket square: The Tie Bar
                            Pants: Bonobos slim straight
                            Shoes: Loake Pimlico

Critique always welcome.

Comment

Thanks Rivedroit and ajk170! Yeah, the red pants are a bit of a challenge, but I kinda just said "F it" and I think it worked.

BenR and Duvel, hats can be tricky, but I think the broad antipathy to them is foolish. BenR, you seem to be pulling it off well (silly comments be damned). Obviously, wearing a fedora or something similar can go very very wrong, but like anything else, you just have to find the right way to wear it and then do so with confidence.

TomasR, nothing to critique here. The look is very well put together, as usual.

Comment

@fashion, good call.
                                Today's is pretty casual again, still job hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X