This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Sneak peek of todays outfit. I need opinions. Too many patterns going on there? Change the shirt or tie?
    I like the pattern combo, but I'm not a huge fan of that shirt with a tie. I've got the same shirt (from JCF, correct?) and the collar feels just a bit too puny for a tie. My opinion, not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
      That right there is how you do three patterns. I like it.
      Agreed. It's a lot, but I like it. The color echo between the tie and the jacket, especially.

Comment

@Vicious49
        Great pattern AND texture play. The scale and type of patterns are all different, plus the varying textures add something to the look. Quite well done.

Comment

BJ - Yes the shirt is from Jcrew Factory.

It was windy out there today so I decided to go with a coat instead of the blazer. I realize that the sleeves are a bit long and I should get them tailored but have been procrastinating. Ideally I would have worn slightly dressier shoes like my Strands but there's still a bit of water and snow on the ground.

shirt - JCrew Factory
          cords - Bonobos
          sweater vest - BR
          tie - BR
          coat - BR
          shoes - AE Aberdeen
          watch - Orient Millennium

Comment

BB, completely agree regarding Istanbul over Ankara. But definitely happy I finally made it here. After spending a total of about 11 months in Turkey over the past few years, its about time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I realize that the sleeves are a bit long and I should get them tailored but have been procrastinating.
              Vicious49, I recommend against shortening the sleeves. Overcoat sleeves should be about that length, in my opinion, so that they can fit over the sleeves of a sport coat, blazer, or suit jacket. I think that the shoes were actually a better choice than the Strands for that outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Vicious49, I recommend against shortening the sleeves. Overcoat sleeves should be about that length, in my opinion, so that they can fit over the sleeves of a sport coat, blazer, or suit jacket. I think that the shoes were actually a better choice than the Strands for that outfit.
                I've been putting it off because it has like 3 lines of stitching at the end of the sleeve that I like that I know alterations would get rid of.

I would have worn my brown strands which I think would have looked perfect with the outfit due to the more polished look of that coat. If I had gone with the blazer I originally had intended to, then I think the rougher Aberdeens were a better choice.

Comment

Don't shorten the sleeves!

Comment

Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
                    Don't shorten the sleeves!
                    If you and bruschetta are saying not to, trust me it won't happen. Just saved me $35.

Comment

Changing it up a bit today. The wife was making fun of me saying 'don't I get a what I wore today' and even stood in my usual pic spot so I took a pic of her. She doesn't realize yet that it's being posted. Just doing a bunch of outdoor stuff today and then medieval times this evening so went casual. She's wearing some shorts that I got her from LEC for $3.

Comment

Why is it that an untucked shirt with sweater looks so great on women but so slovenly on men?

Comment

When she realizes that you posted the picture and IF you think she will be mad do not give her any weapons at medieval times, haha.

Comment

Light Khaki Cotton Blazer from tailor4less
                            Dark Blue wash Nautica jeans
                            Blue and Brown Windowpane shirt from Menswearhouse
                            Brown Suede wingtips
                            Brown Suede Belt
                            Brown stapped Bulova Precisionist with brown face

Comment

It was an amazingly beautiful day in New York today (probably the same all over the east coast). The wife, daughters and I spent it just walking and taking it in. It's one of my favorite things to do - I could just wander around in this city for days. At any rate, this was how I looked doing it:

Jacket: Target
                              Shirt: Uniqlo
                              Sweater: BR
                              Pants: LEC
                              Shoes: Chucks (almost 4 years old - I've never had a pair of Chucks last me that long!)
                              Hat: Stetson
                              Watch: Timex weekender w/ a J Crew strap

Comment

@Shomas, that is a sharp look. The pants with the watchband, the hat, the beat up chucks, superb. And enjoying it with the family is icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X