Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a wedding tonight. need to get a tux.

IMO looks better in real life. Lighting/ angle aren't the best.

Comment

Wow guys, tons of new stuff these last few days.

@evil: Fix those pictures! Your posts has been great!
      @andrew: Love that Ludlow with the gingham. That's just the color palate that I've been trying to work on lately! Thanks for the inspiration.
      @Rive/redbeardmike: Whoa, those Lombards look nice. I had never even heard of that model before and now you guys post them back to back! (Yours are Lombards, right Mike?)
      @Acoustic: I spy... Winnie the Pooh.

---

Out for cocktails the other night. Collar looks mighty unruly and jacket looks more snug than usual; hrm... pardon that. I still haven't mastered the straight fold (sorry Shomas). I think the pocket square I'm using is just too large to fit neatly in my pocket.

And today - rain. Simple, like most days.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
        Any advice on taking "selfies" is much appreciated
        Full length mirrors or if your camera has a self timer you should be fine.

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        I seriously have no idea why my picture quality is always so bad, and I'm using an actual camera, while you guys are using phones and pulling pictures that look that good.
        Is the camera a cheapy? Make/model? Crappy lighting is the next culprit. If you go outside on a nice bright day and take pictures do they come out fine?

Comment

All blue today. Also, it's a bit warmer so I'm busting out the loafers for the first time in a couple months.

Suit: JCF Thompson navy wool
          Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
          Shoes: AE Randolph

Comment

@Eric - those are the AE Players. Just another member of the AE Brogue Squad/Walnut Mafia (Lombard, Strand, Players, etc). This is one of the shoes available in many sizes in the AE 2 for $250 seconds sale going on right now.

Comment

Acoutstic, I'd love to have a shawl like that. Looks comfortable but nice.
              BJ, I like the loafers with the suit. Nice idea. I love my navy Thompson, by the way.
              Mike, nice shoes!
              Eric, where's the jacket from?
              Jake, I'm in the same boat as you -- every now and again I have a night function, but I haven't got a tux, and I don't want to rent one, so I wear a charcoal suit (the JCF darker grey one) and a black tie. It's not perfect, but I don't think I'll get enough wear out of a tux to justify the cost. Is it just me, or does no one seems to really care about formal wear these days? At a couple of "black tie" weddings I went to, most guys were just in regular suits.

Thrifted "Club Room" camel hair coat
              TH gingham shirt (Marshall's)
              Land's End knit tie (clearance)
              JCF cords
              AE Elgins, from the Beren heist

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

BB, I like this look, especially the shirt and tie combination. You seem to have a bit of a collar gap, maybe have the collar raised by your tailor?

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                  Is the camera a cheapy? Make/model? Crappy lighting is the next culprit. If you go outside on a nice bright day and take pictures do they come out fine?
                  I've got one of these: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakv610 I suppose the fact that it's 7 years old is probably a major part of the problem. Also the review does say it has bad shake. Lighting isn't helped.

Everyone who said I should win best under20 poster, I'm glad to know I'm competent enough to win my population of one! =P Seriously though, thank you.

Sunny school day, then going out tonight right after:

Lot of black and eh camera makes it hard to see, but:

Moto jacket: CK (I actually wear this everyday as my outerwear; can't be bothered to buy a coat if I'm going to Cali next year)
                  Hoodie: Nike (yes I incorporated athletic gear into this hahahah)
                  Henley: Express
                  Jeans: Guess

Really diggin the whole black on top white on bottom look; only time I'll use black these days. Sort of a rockstar vibe.

Comment

Thanks, ChrisW -- I think the collar gap is from how I'm standing; usually it sits fine. But there is another jacket that I have that does have a collar gap -- how much does it usually cost to fix that?

Comment

I haven't had it done in a while, but from what I remember it cost me about $20-$30 to lower a collar.

Comment

Sneak peek of todays outfit. I need opinions. Too many patterns going on there? Change the shirt or tie?

Comment

@Vicious: I think it works. The color scheme works together and the patterns aren't so loud that they all clash against one another.

Had to stop by the clinic early in the morning to take care of something then jet:

Levi shirt
                          Filson Jacket
                          Wolverine 1Ks
                          Tie Kuppenheimer

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            Sneak peek of todays outfit. I need opinions. Too many patterns going on there? Change the shirt or tie?
                            That right there is how you do three patterns. I like it.

Comment

@bjmcgeever - Nice look, loafers with the suit. That's the JCrew Factory navy suit? How does it fit compared to Banana Republic?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                                @bjmcgeever - Nice look, loafers with the suit. That's the JCrew Factory navy suit? How does it fit compared to Banana Republic?
                                Thanks! I feel like they dress the suit down a bit. I don't have any BR suits, but I do have several tailored slim blazers and pants. The JCF's sleeves are a bit (1/2") longer than BR's, but the BR has a bit more suppression in the waist. The JCF feels a little looser overall, but that could be due to the material (wool v. cotton). As for the pants, the BRs are slimmer all around. I had to get the JCF tailored, but I'm fine with the BR fit OTR (though they could slim down a touch in the calf).

Comment

Working...
                                X