Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, all. Jeff4, they are wool, straight fit. The material is pretty thin, but it drapes well. I don't remember the silly name for them, but I bought them on sale a little over a year ago if I remember correctly.

BB, thanks - this shirt is one of my favorites. It's pretty old, but seems to be holding up OK. This is the first time I've worn a tie with it - until I lost some weight recently I couldn't button the top button, so I'm feeling especially good about it in this intance! I understand your concern about the inverted triangle shape, but I think a little slimming on the pants will make that suit look awesome. Looks like a great fit otherwise.

Matt, I wear Shuron Sidewinders and I imagine I will for a long time to come. I've been wearing similar style frames for almost 20 years now, and these are the best versions I've had. At this point, I'm such an absurd Shuron fanboy that it's becoming a little unseemly.

RiveDroit, those shoes are great!

Comment

@BB, njust arrived from Istanbul (where I am currently in grad school). First time in Ankara, so I am excited--although most of my time will be semi-business related. When were you last in Turkey?

@Matt, thanks! Gift from my aunt 6-7 years ago. Gotten a ton of use, and wear and year, these past 3 years. Actually need to treat it with something, color is definitely wearing thin in places. Suggestions appreciated. Also, big fan of both your briefcase and coat!

Comment

Argh. Stupid interwebs. I'll post the last two outfits later I guess.

Comment

Shomas, the Sidewinders are pretty ballsy glasses indeed, cudos To be fair, most of the stuff Shuron makes is ballsy to say the least, I like, but doubt I would be able to pull them off. I'm more of an Oliver Peoples fanboy, sadly they are out of my price range. For now Once I start my career I will go Patrick Bateman and get a nice Gregory Peck model or something similar, I won't kill (or imagine to kill people) though

Comment

@Matt, that top coat is the mutt's. Is it herringbone?

Comment

Indeed it is Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
                @Acousticfoodie - yep, a beard would be nice indeed, or at least a mustache, but sadly, my beard comes very patchy for now, and it is gingerish To be fair, I never tried growing it out yet really, might try it this summer.
                Ah, well if you ever do give it a try...maybe you might be able to give Shomas a run for his money!

Comment

Andrew, I was there for about a month -- it's been three years, I think. Ankara's ok -- I loved the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations and it was really great to see the Monumentum Ancyranum, with Augustus' Res Gestae inscription on it. Ataturk's mausoleum was a bit intense because of the (understandably) conspicuous military presence, but the museum there was very interesting. I liked Istanbul a lot more than Ankara, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                    Is that a Chia-Beard?

*Dappered Duck Dynasty* - coming this Fall on A&E.

Or did you just photoshop Bob Ross' 'fro, and rotate it a couple times? - "Happy little trees..."
                    Last edited by yoyorobbo; March 7, 2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I would ask if he's supposed to be Amish, but the smartphone makes that a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        Ah, well if you ever do give it a try...maybe you might be able to give Shomas a run for his money!
                        ... And Dick Gregory.

Comment

Comment

Got snow melting on the ground out there today from our blizzard that never really was.

sweater - F&O
                            cords - JCrew Factory
                            shoes - AE Cascades
                            jacket - some store in NYC

Comment

Bumming around again in close to all thrift budget fit:

Tommy Hilfiger shirt
                              Kenneth cole Shawl
                              514s
                              Steve Madden Boots

Comment

First WIWT photo. Pardon the crappy focus:

With a high in the 40s and sunshine all day it felt positively like Spring around here (despite the snow on the ground). So I went with a little color.

Sweater JCrew
                                Shirt - old no-name brand. Pretty much just used for layering now.
                                Pants - Bonobos
                                Socks - BR
                                Shoes - AE

Comment

Working...
                                X