Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A good combo Illmatician. Strange how the belt is visible through that V-neck.

    A quicky in the lift today (and by quicky I mean the picture ):

    I think I went a bit overboard and hipster. To be honest I never really wear a tee with a jacket.

    Jacket: Next
    T-shirt: Red Herring (from Debenhams)
    Pocket square and scarf: "borrowed" from my dad
    And the ultimate accessory: a sandwich from tesco in the coveted prawn mayo version. I'm telling you guys, shellfish is in this season!

    Comment


      Matt, to be honest I think you killed it. It's a stellar look, and the glasses do look really good on you.

      I seriously have no idea why my picture quality is always so bad, and I'm using an actual camera, while you guys are using phones and pulling pictures that look that good.

      Shirt: A+F
      Henley: Target
      Jeans: Express

      Comment


        Mikey - Try closing those blinds behind you. The light behind you might be messing with the camera. You want the light facing you, not the other way around. Although too much light is a bad thing too as I found out with my pic today.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
          Jacket: Next
          T-shirt: Red Herring (from Debenhams)
          Matt, how are those Next jackets? I've looked at a few, but I refrained from purchasing since they carry so much polyester crap. Is Next basically a slightly nicer H&M?

          PS: I get those sandwiches too, but usually get them from Waitrose. For Ā£0.99 they're a darned good deal.

          Mikey, I nominate you for our "best-dressed-under-20 poster" title.

          Comment


            @ChrisW: I stack two coffee cans and a plastic cup on my window sill at my office, and then balance my iPhone on it on it's side. I then use the video function to take ~ 1min of footage. I scan through the video and pick the best pic still.

            Shhhhhhh. Don't tell my girlfriend.





            Marled Sweater: JC
            Blue and red plaid flannel: F&O
            Braided Belt: JCF
            Red Moleskin pants: LEC
            Polka Dot Socks: H&M
            Desert Boots: Clarks
            Watch: Seiko Kinetic

            Comment


              Shomas, here are some slightly better pics of the Black Strawfuts.

              Comment


                Fun with blues and browns today. (My favorite color combo.)





                Bonobos navy linen jacket
                LEC OCBD
                Thrifted wool tie
                Macy's tiebar
                MT Silversmiths belt
                Dockers alpha khakis
                Florsheim Haviland longwings
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
                  A good combo Illmatician. Strange how the belt is visible through that V-neck.

                  A quicky in the lift today (and by quicky I mean the picture ):
                  I think I went a bit overboard and hipster. To be honest I never really wear a tee with a jacket.

                  Jacket: Next
                  T-shirt: Red Herring (from Debenhams)
                  Pocket square and scarf: "borrowed" from my dad
                  And the ultimate accessory: a sandwich from tesco in the coveted prawn mayo version. I'm telling you guys, shellfish is in this season!
                  I actually don't think this looks bad at all. It's a particular look that not everyone will like, but I don't mind it in this instance (though it can be done very badly). It would look better, I think, with a navy and white striped shirt rather than the red and black. Also, I think this is one instance where the pocket square does more harm than good. Same with the scarf, probably. I think with this you want little to no pattern beyond the stripes on the shirt.

                  Also, I agree with Mikey and everyone else re. the glasses looking good (but then, I'm kind of biased in that regard).

                  Additionally, "fookin' prawns!"

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                    Shomas, here are some slightly better pics of the Black Strawfuts.
                    Thanks! All I needed...something else to covet...

                    Comment


                      Digging the Strawfuts Shomas, honestly kinda surprised I like them

                      Comment


                        @Rive: Looks good. Do you have problems with your collar staying in place tho?
                        @Andrew: Simple clean fit is good. I know people will get on the no collar, but for casual uses I think it's alright
                        @Chris: Don't see many pocket puffs here! Hard to tell the fit from your pics tho!
                        @Jake: Like the color combo, does the blazer feel tight on you tho?
                        @BB: Thompson Navy looks solid!
                        @Vicious: !? Who are you!?
                        @Matt: Nice youthful appearance you got there. I really think you would look good with an epic beard tho with those glasses!
                        @Mikey: Casual look that works great!

                        Just doing work at the clinic today:




                        Shirt: JC
                        Tie: unknown
                        Sweater: ON
                        Jacket: Filson
                        Pants: JCF Thompson
                        Shoes: Allen Edmonds Sanfords

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          Fun with blues and browns today. (My favorite color combo.)


                          Bonobos navy linen jacket
                          LEC OCBD
                          Thrifted wool tie
                          Macy's tiebar
                          MT Silversmiths belt
                          Dockers alpha khakis
                          Florsheim Haviland longwings
                          Looks great, as per usual. The tie and those Florsheims, in particular, look great!

                          Comment


                            @acoustic - the flaring at the button was caused by movement, but sizing up anyway would be too drastic. It barely hits he threshold, and I fluctuate weight so often because of weight training, (210 right now, last month was 198) I usually err on the side of tight

                            Comment


                              Class in the morning, and now a 5 hour bus to Ankara.



                              Jacket: JCrew
                              Shirt: Bonobos
                              Jeans: Levi's 514

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by andrew4h View Post
                                Class in the morning, and now a 5 hour bus to Ankara.



                                Jacket: JCrew
                                Shirt: Bonobos
                                Jeans: Levi's 514
                                That Ludlow jacket is awfully popular! Is that Navy gingham and blue jeans?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X