Jacket - Bonobos Trench
    Sweater - Uniqlo
    Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt
    Pants - Bonobos wool
    Shoes - AE Strawfut
    Socks - Happy Socks
    Watch - Nike FuelBand
    Head - Wreck it Ralph
    Looks great! You might find the whole look sharpened up quite a bit with the addition of some magnetic collar stays. I'm curious about those Strawfuts - are they black or dark brown? On a colder day, do you not feel a breeze? Do they look odd in person, like saddle shoes or dress shoe-sneaker hybrids or do they just look like they have some texture?

Comment

@Shomas, thanks! The Strawfuts are black. I should have picked a different pair today as you do feel a cool breeze when you walk. They're supposed to be a summer shoe or warm climate shoe, as it keeps your feet well ventilated. I get lots of compliments, as they are showy without being too ostentatious. I'll take some pics later today.

If you can get them in this AE sale, I would definitely give it a try.

Comment

@RiveDroit - I'm debating eventually picking up the Strawfuts since they'd help so much here in the summer. Couldn't imagine wearing them today though, it's still so cold out! Nice look

@andrew4h - I like the look, may have swapped out the white for a diff color tee, but everything fits great.

I'll try and take a pic later today!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          Looks great! You might find the whole look sharpened up quite a bit with the addition of some magnetic collar stays. I'm curious about those Strawfuts - are they black or dark brown? On a colder day, do you not feel a breeze? Do they look odd in person, like saddle shoes or dress shoe-sneaker hybrids or do they just look like they have some texture?
          Shomas, I really enjoy my Strawfuts. I think the ones with contrasting colors looks like saddle shoes in a strange way. I have the brown on brown ones and they look mostly textured in person. They are an excellent summer shoe as they really keep your feet cool.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for all the tips on photo taking. Today you will see that I am sucking in my gut, pushing out my chest, and clenching an ice cube between my buttocks (not pictured)

Suit: JCF Thompson in navy
            Shirt: JCP grey dress shirt
            Tie: The Tie Bar green wool
            PS: The Tie Bar
            Shoes: My beaten up Stafford boots, ready for the slushy mess we are getting later.

Also worn today but not shown: Uniqlo charcoal wool/nylon top coat.

Comment

Comment

ChrisW, how embarrassing. We showed up to the same forum wearing the same thing. Only mine is wrinkled from sitting through some meetings that had me squirming this morning. By the way, the wind is pretty fierce today.

Suit: JCF Thompson navy
                Shirt: thrifted
                Tie: The Knottery
                Shoes: Stafford Wingtips

Comment

Bruschetta, nice list, but I tried the ice cube thing in the above picture, and it made me hunch over. Maybe that only works for dudes with a 10-inch drop?

Shomas, that really is a killer camel hair. I love the patch pockets. I haven't been into the monk thing, but those look good. Maybe I'm warming up to them.

Jake 101, nice. What's the blazer -- and the shoes?

Chris W, I like everything in both except the pocket squares. But I'm still trying to figure them out, so maybe I'm just not getting it. But I'd try them in cotton instead of silk if I were you, to cut down on the shine.

Andrew, I am also pro-collar. Or at least a colored t-shirt. But nice sweater.

Comment

Here's a change for you! Just got back inside from shoveling snow. Not pictured is the snowboarding jacket I used to keep myself dry. This gives you a good idea about the oversized clothes I used to wear before my wife pointed out to me that I'm not a size large.

hoodie - UnderArmour
                    pants - Adidas workpants from about 10 years ago
                    snowboots - picked them up from SierraTradingPost for about $25

Comment

Thanks bb - blazer is Kensington, shoes are AE Mctavish. Always easier to respond to specific q's them write everything out

Comment

@BB you are obviously a man with good taste Is that one of The Knottery's cable knits? If so I think I have exactly the same tie.

I agree with you about the look of the squares. I blame bad photography. The first one is pretty bold (and was making an escape attempt when I took the photo, apparently).The second is a deep brown, but has come out kind of orange in the photo.

Also bear in mind that I work in fashion, so I can amp it up a little bit. A guy in my office wears these regularly with a suit:

There are also a couple of pairs of these floating around:

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Here's a change for you! Just got back inside from shoveling snow. Not pictured is the snowboarding jacket I used to keep myself dry. This gives you a good idea about the oversized clothes I used to wear before my wife pointed out to me that I'm not a size large.

hoodie - UnderArmour
                          pants - Adidas workpants from about 10 years ago
                          snowboots - picked them up from SierraTradingPost for about $25
                          LOL, that's pretty much what my old wardrobe looks like, as well, except all my old clothes are XL when I'm really a L. I'm still trying to weed out some of my oversized shirts (lots of baggy outerwear from REI).

Comment

ChrisW, wow. Those shoes are just crazy. Like Ronald McDonald goes boardroom, or something. About the pocket squares -- if you're in the fashion world, then I guess going loud is the norm! I'm a professor, so I can't get too out there with colors and patterns. People say stuff about me enough as it is, and I'm pretty subdued.

Oh, and yeah, it's the cable knit one. I got it on sale this fall. It was really cheap, but it's a nicer quality tie.

By the way, I got a Land's End knit on that big sale that they just had. It's worlds better than the Tie Bar, and I got it for the same price. TieBar knits are better than nothing, but Lands End and Knottery are far superior in both fabric and construction.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
                              @BB you are obviously a man with good taste Is that one of The Knottery's cable knits? If so I think I have exactly the same tie.

I agree with you about the look of the squares. I blame bad photography. The first one is pretty bold (and was making an escape attempt when I took the photo, apparently).The second is a deep brown, but has come out kind of orange in the photo.
                              For whatever it's worth, I like the squares - maybe the shape could be adjusted somewhat, but I like the colors/patterns.

Comment

Uniqlo Shirts / H&M V-Neck / Uniqlo Chinos / Allen Edmonds Yuma

Sweater is navy even though it kind of looks black in picture
                                Last edited by iLLmAtiCiAn; March 6, 2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X