Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Evil: Thanks! Sometimes I feel very alone wearing jackets in this sea of WIWT blazers of everyone else!
    @Andrew: I know the collared shirt under V-neck is the standard, but I think a crew T-shirt can look nice and simple too if you're fit and everything fits correctly. With that said, I personally prefer a collared shirt under V-neck.
    @Shomas: Dat Monk!
    @Matt: You should keep glasses on all the time!

Just class today:

Bonobos shirt
    514s
    Zara Jacket
    Wolverine 1Ks

Comment

Matt Sasco, you have a fan club

http://forum.feelslike98.com/showthread.php?t=120633

Comment

@shomas I really want to steal those shoes and blazer so if you ever happen to be in boston please walk alone in dark alley ways late at night

Comment

Whenever I wear a collar under a sweater, people ask me why I'm dressed up :troll:

@Shomas: LOVE the color palette, especially the blazer. Well put together look that also screams "I know what I'm doing!"

@Matt: I'm concerned that you went to the gym in that. Just kidding =P Although I am concerned you went to the gym in glasses; I'd throw a fit if I had my glasses in the gym. Love the look though, especially the pants.

@Acoustic: LOVE the jacket. The shirt is pretty snazzy too, something I'd wear. But that jacket...

I feel like I'm starting to repeat clothes... ohwell, such is the life of the American teenager. Sorry guys, but I can't wear a different 5 pieces every day.

Glasses: Seraphin
          Cardigan: Express
          Tee: American Eagle
          Jeans: Guess

Comment

Originally posted by s_crane View Post
            @shomas I really want to steal those shoes and blazer so if you ever happen to be in boston please walk alone in dark alley ways late at night
            "It was terrifying, but also really weird officer ... We were enjoying a stroll in this dark alley when he just came out of nowhere, whacked my husband on the head with a sock full of nickels and ordered me to stand back. He had a crazed look about him so I knew I'd better do what he said. While my husband was unconcious, the thief took my husband's jacket and shoes and ran off with them, muttering to himself about 'Preciouses' or some such nonsense. He was super creepy and obviously dangerous, but I have to admit, pretty well-dressed."

Comment

hahahaha sounds pretty accurate

Comment

Starting a Dappered crime squad to steal Shomas' neumoras. We can rotate ownership on a weekly basis.

Comment

First post to WIWT. Any advice on taking "selfies" is much appreciated (no suggestions of duck face, Bruschetta)

Suit: Land's End charcoal flannel
                  Shirt: Merona Ultimate Dress Shirt
                  Tie and PS: The Tie Bar
                  Last edited by ChrisW; March 5, 2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

ChrisW, looking good, slick! Welcome to the dark side of the forum!

Some tips on self pictures:
                    1. Have ridiculously good hair. Shomas and Greg_s pull this off particularly well.
                    2. Mention your "ten inch drop".
                    3. Suck in your gut and flex your chest muscles. This works especially well if you angle your shot downwards.
                    4. Take a picture of your pants from your chest level so that everyone gets a good shot of your crotch. This classic shot proves that you have an impeccable sense of style and a manhood to envy.
                    5. Sit on a stool with a slightly jaunty pose.
                    6. Own a full-length mirror. You gain additional points if this mirror is located in your bathroom and we get to see the toilet in the background. A style god deserves a good porcelain throne.
                    7. Posture is everything. I find that the best way to ensure that I maintain proper posture is to slip an ice cube in between the cheeks of the buttocks. Clench tightly. The act of maintaining the clench will cause your back to snap to attention, and your posture will dramatically improve.
                    8. Have someone else take the picture. There is no good way to take a picture of yourself.

Comment

I feel honored that I was mentioned in conjunction with Shomas for hair. I feel like he may be on a different plane, but hey, I'll take it.

9. If using a mirror, be sure that you haven't cleaned it since moving in. Or, at the very least, ensure that the mirror appears as though you wiped it down with a rag soaked in olive oil.
                      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                        I feel honored that I was mentioned in conjunction with Shomas for hair.
                        Awwwww, thanks fellas! My barber's gonna be psyched when he learns that he won the internet!

Edit: Taking a video and then pulling screenshots from that can be useful for getting decent self shots without having to take a million of them.
                        Last edited by Shomas; March 6, 2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          ChrisW, looking good, slick! Welcome to the dark side of the forum!

Some tips on self pictures:
                          1. Have ridiculously good hair. Shomas and Greg_s pull this off particularly well.
                          2. Mention your "ten inch drop".
                          3. Suck in your gut and flex your chest muscles. This works especially well if you angle your shot downwards.
                          4. Take a picture of your pants from your chest level so that everyone gets a good shot of your crotch. This classic shot proves that you have an impeccable sense of style and a manhood to envy.
                          5. Sit on a stool with a slightly jaunty pose.
                          6. Own a full-length mirror. You gain additional points if this mirror is located in your bathroom and we get to see the toilet in the background. A style god deserves a good porcelain throne.
                          7. Posture is everything. I find that the best way to ensure that I maintain proper posture is to slip an ice cube in between the cheeks of the buttocks. Clench tightly. The act of maintaining the clench will cause your back to snap to attention, and your posture will dramatically improve.
                          8. Have someone else take the picture. There is no good way to take a picture of yourself.
                          Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                          I feel honored that I was mentioned in conjunction with Shomas for hair. I feel like he may be on a different plane, but hey, I'll take it.

9. If using a mirror, be sure that you haven't cleaned it since moving in. Or, at the very least, ensure that the mirror appears as though you wiped it down with a rag soaked in olive oil.
                          lol I've been on dappered too long. I think I know everyone who is referenced in all these!

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                            lol I've been on dappered too long. I think I know everyone who is referenced in all these!
                            I wonder who #5 was referencing?

I subscribe to #8 myself. I used to be a culprit of #9 when trying to take my own pics.

Mikey - I feel like I've been repeating outfits too which is why I haven't posted as many pics lately.

Comment

A little chilly today...
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Jacket - Bonobos Trench
                              Sweater - Uniqlo
                              Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt
                              Pants - Bonobos wool
                              Shoes - AE Strawfut
                              Socks - Happy Socks
                              Watch - Nike FuelBand
                              Head - Wreck it Ralph

Comment

Cold over here as well:

Sweater - Purple (dark plum perhaps) JCrew cashmere
                                Jeans - Levis 514 in a tan-ish color
                                Shoes - J&M Runnel Chukka
                                Socks - Red Polo
                                Watch - Tourneau
                                Unseen Coat - Polo Navy Peacoat

Comment

Working...
                                X