X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequestarian Outfit!

Thanks for the kind words!

@NewGuy: :Love the sweater.
    @Shomas: You have the best beard face ever to go along with your outfits.
    @drocpsu: If I owned a ton of sportscoats, I would have that in my rotation without pause. Looks great.
    @Mikey: I think I have the physique to pull off jean jackets, but my girlfriend gave me the thumbs down. I tried to argue with her about it, but she basically said "jean jackets kill my lady boner." So no jean jackets for me.

Grape Gingham: LEC
    Navy Wool Cardigan: F&O
    Red Pocket Square: JC
    Tweed Ludlow: JC
    Watch: Vintage Mechanical Hamilton
    Black Leather Belt with Star Wars Belt Buckle in Brass: Ex-girlfriend made it in her leather shop (unseen)
    Herringbone Charcoal Pants: LEC
    Yellow and Navy Argyle Socks: GAP
    Black Cap toe Shoes: Thrifted Made in the USA J&M Meltons
    Last edited by evil-e; March 1, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

What I actually wore was boring and you've seen all those pieces today, but wanted to post my shoe-sock game today:

Comment

Looking good everyone! Matt I like your most recent pic and evil-e, loving those LEC herringbone pants. Wish they made them in the straight fit cut.

Been asked to do a WIWT so here goes:

and the lower half:

Jacket - LE Donegal
        Shirt - BB (thrifted, then tailored. My first BB shirt and I really like the collar)
        Jeans - Levi's 501 (some limited wash & selvedge version)
        Shoes - Sebago Hamilton.
        Last edited by LosRockets; March 2, 2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

@BB, ya it feels fantastic. Shoulders are a tad wide on me, and the center vent is a little off, but really love the blazer

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            Looking good everyone! Matt I like your most recent pic and evil-e, loving those LEC herringbone pants. Wish they made them in the straight fit cut.

and the lower half:

Jacket - LE Donegal
            Shirt - BB (thrifted, then tailored. My first BB shirt and I really like the collar)
            Shoes - Sebago Hamilton.
            I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about your style really reminds me of former President Clinton.

Comment

@Hamm23, I think the boots work, even if they are a little cowboy-ish. That works for some, not for others and I think you're in the former group. My wife has forbade me from realizing my longtime dream of owning and wearing cowboy boots. She's probably doing me a huge favor, but I'm a little envious nonetheless.

@Matt Sasco, I like the jacket, white buttons and all. I'm not wild about that color shirt with it - I think it needs a little more contrast - but the jacket is great (BR had something similar last summer that I always liked).

@Los Rockets, nice work on wearing the LE Donegal jacket casually (using "casual" in the contemporary sense, rather than the Downton Abbey sense in which any iteration of a jacket like that is basically so casual it's sports gear). I agree with you re. the shirt collar. I wish BB shirts fit me somewhere within tailoring range - as is, I'd have to basically have them reengineered.

Comment

@Everyone: Lots of nice blazer/suit fits out there over the last few days. Keep it coming! I'm over here taking notes and planning my next purchase, so this has been great.

@hamm: I had a pair of JD Fisk boots that had a similar profile (they were chukka style, so not quite as sleek as yours) and I quickly got used to them and forgot about the perceived narrowness. I think they look pretty good.

---

I found these navy Gap chinos in the recesses of my closet the other day; I had completely forgotten about them. Looks like they could use just a bit of a hem to nip some of that bunching, but the fit feels great throughout. Glad I rediscovered them!

JCP Poplin
                Gap 1969 Slim Chino
                AE Kenilworth
                Orient Ray

Comment

LosRockets - I wish I had picked up that LE donegal blazer before they ran out of my size.

Comment

Went shooting today. Wearing my LE blazer. I know the cap doesn't match except maybe with the jeans but it was the only one I had of that type.

Comment

Vicious - I actually got very lucky. I checked back after they had sold out and they had put 1 sz 40 back in stock. I'm usually a 38-39 but I took a chance on the 40 and it paid off.

Not posting today because it's pretty simple, gray lambswool sweater (LEC), alpha khakis (lighter brown, like a tobacco color), and the sebago hamilton shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Went shooting today. Wearing my LE blazer.
                        You weren't kidding. Cool. Looks like some behind the scenes Skyfall footage. Rrrrrawwwwwwk!

Comment

@ Vicious, great shooting outfit - love that sport coat. I do a fair bit of shooting myself but I always hesitate to wear "nice" clothes because I hate the idea of gunpowder and vaporized gun oil getting all over a nice wool blazer. Same with all the black dust that gets everywhere from handling clays.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            Went shooting today. Wearing my LE blazer. I know the cap doesn't match except maybe with the jeans but it was the only one I had of that type.

Jacket fits the setting perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post

and the lower half:

Jacket - LE Donegal
                              Shoes - Sebago Hamilton.
                              Casual cool. The Sebagos look nice and broken in.

Comment

Evil-e, I had my LE herringbone pants slimmed through the leg, and it helped me a lot, but I have chicken legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X