• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirt - LEC pink/white striped button-down oxford
    jacket - BR khaki utility blazer
    pants - BR navy vintage slim fit
    Shoes - Walnut strands

Comment

dropscu - I really like that utility blazer despite what most on here will say. It's not as versatile as some others, but I still think it looks pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        dropscu - I really like that utility blazer despite what most on here will say. It's not as versatile as some others, but I still think it looks pretty cool.
        Definitely not as versatile as standard blazers, but I love the look of it too. Really liked it when they put it out in last year's spring collection, and then ended up picking it up in the fall on clearance for $40. I couldn't pass it up!

Comment

Apparently, I missed some fireworks...

@Newguy, I like that sweater a lot. You've put it to good casual use here as well.
          @evil-e, I second Mikey's comments - especially regarding the shirt. Everything everyone is posting from F&O looks so good, for my wallet's sake, I just have to avoid looking at their site...
          @drocpsu, I'm not a fan of that type of jacket in general, but it does fit you very well.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
            Definitely not as versatile as standard blazers, but I love the look of it too. Really liked it when they put it out in last year's spring collection, and then ended up picking it up in the fall on clearance for $40. I couldn't pass it up!
            I tried picking it up as well but it just didn't fit me.

Comment

Today:

Blazer: F&O
              Sweater: J Crew
              Shirt: H&M
              Pants: BR
              Pocket Square: LEC
              Shoes: Grenson

Another day with no two items from the same store - although I truthfully don't remember where I got the socks.

Comment

Blazer: Brooks Bros, thrifted
                Shirt: Target
                Tie: Knottery
                Pants: JC Thompson heather charcoal
                Shoes: J&M thrifted
                Coat: thrifted

Comment

Wow, looks like I missed some trolls. That's a milestone.

Shomas, looking good as always. I like the pocket square -- I'm still trying to figure out how to work with them and not look too stuffy.

Comment

Boring fit but I wanted to get some feedback on the boots. They're narrower than I'm used to a I feel a little off when I look down at them but my wife loves them. They're pretty comfy too. The pic seemed to elongate my torso, I'm not that dis-proportioned in real life...

Merona/Levis 513/JD Fisk

Last edited by hamm23; March 1, 2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks, BB. Your outfit is looking quite nice as well. And the bag is incredible, of course. Is that the large? I'm sure you've mentioned it, but I don't recall.

As for a pocket square, I find that folding them so they aren't razor-sharp helps to make them less stuffy. Also, patterns help, as I've demonstrated above. Also one of my favorite moves, which I think tones things down some, is using a white square with a border - it seems to break things up a bit without being too loud.

Comment

Finally some nice weather, get to use my Tweed jacket. Pics after getting home from work, colors a bit off because of the lighting/tiles in the bathroom:

Jacket: Grey JCrew Tweed Ludlow
                        Sweater: Brown BR Merino whool
                        Shirt: Blue CT
                        Pants: Bonobos Olive Travel Jeans
                        Shoes: JM Runnel in tan
                        Socks: Brown Richer Poorer

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                          Also, @Matt, loving both outfits, especially that second one; the cardigan looks great. Details on it?
                          Thanks Mikey, it is a thin knit cotton one from Topman. But they don't make it anymore, I got it off of eBay for a couple of pounds.

Comment

Shomas, good thoughts on the pocket square -- I think the fold is a good idea. I'll try to work some in.

hamm23, are those cowboy boots? In any event I can't help you there, since I know nothing about boots.

Andrew4h, I got that same blazer off ebay a couple of weeks ago ($20!) I love it, and wear it a couple of times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

hamm23, are those cowboy boots? In any event I can't help you there, since I know nothing about boots.
                              No they aren't cowboy boots but that's what I feel like I'm wearing when I have them on. Here's some stock photos (I darkened mine with some polish)

http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/E...ens+Serge.aspx

Comment

Feeling like summer already! And I finally got back this pale blue half lined cotton blazer. The white buttons are a bit out there, I might change them later to a light bone color or just get used to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X