Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't actually posted up a pic in here in awhile, mostly because I end up wearing various simple combinations of basic button downs, v neck sweaters, and jeans/chinos all the time now.

Sweater: H&M
    Shirt: JCP
    Chinos: JCF Urban Slim Fit (love these below the knee, kinda meh above, probably needed to size down)
    Clark's Bushacre

But yeah, that's me 90% of the time now, trying to come up with different looks but coming up blank. Doesn't help I'm in undergrad so I look formal compared to all of my classmates.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      Acoutsicfoodie, I love that jacket! Meant to say something the last time you posted a WIWT pic wearing it. That's the Filson oil finish Levi trucker humma-humma, right? Any deets on where/when/how to get a hold of one at a good deal (are they really $228 from Filson?) that you wouldn't mind passing along?
      That's right yoyo! They sold out quick towards the end of last year when Levi's had a discount on them. Filson does do sales, but they are usually only at the end of seasons and the jacket wasn't on this year's winter sale. My guess would be to wait until Levi restocks them and wait for another discount code to come along that qualifies for it.

@Newguy: Welcome welcome! More casualness is always welcome here!

Comment

@Andrewski - Like the pants. Which ones are they?
        @Matt - Bold colors. I wouldn't wear it, but it works.
        @TomasR - What color is the blazer? It looks greenish, but I can't really tell. It's certainly a louder outfit. With those pants and that blazer, I would have gone with a more subdued shirt and maybe a repp stripe tie.
        @Acoustic - Drool-worthy jacket man.

Dressed up a bit more than usual today, and was on the receiving end of a few more compliments. I'll take it.

Blazer: BR
        Shirt: CT Extra-slim fit
        Tie: CT Navy pindot
        Pocket square: Jos A Bank
        Pants: BR
        Socks: Target
        Shoes: AE MacAllister

Not pictured: belt from orion and red/blue silk knot cufflinks.

Comment

@bjmcgeever - killing it again. Nice use of the full windsor; doesn't look obnoxious. Is that the BR Navy birdseye?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
            @bjmcgeever - killing it again. Nice use of the full windsor; doesn't look obnoxious. Is that the BR Navy birdseye?
            Thanks. It's actually a Shelby not, but this was my first time trying it so I think it came out a bit wider than it was supposed too. And yeah, it's the Birdseye.

Comment

Can we get some details on the shirt in the lower pictures?

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
              @Vicious: Got it. You picked up the navy Sterling from HF as well, right? Fit looked spot on for that one too. Nice finds.

---

Here's one from last night for me (pardon the restaurant bathroom mirror shot):

And today. Really casual. Washed/waxed the car this afternoon and just threw on a pair of boat shoes that I didn't mind getting a bit wet.

Comment

@Vicious: I swear, I will NEVER tire of that watch.

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                First WIWT...I'm in grad school, so I'll tend to be on the casual side compared to some in here I'm sure.
                Nice to know there will be more casual people on this thread! I always feel out of place. Also, are those resin coated jeans? I'm diggin them either way.

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                Dressed up a bit more than usual today, and was on the receiving end of a few more compliments. I'll take it.
                I can definitely see why! Fit is great, the tie knot is sick, but what really takes the cake for me is the pop of red from the pocket square. Such a nice color combination.

Also, I just realized I haven't posted in here in a while... maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Montag311 View Post
                  Can we get some details on the shirt in the lower pictures?
                  @Montag: I picked it up at JCP not too long ago on clearance for $10. It's their jcp branded poplin in a purple/navy gingham. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/jcpgingham

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    @TomasR - What color is the blazer? It looks greenish, but I can't really tell. It's certainly a louder outfit. With those pants and that blazer, I would have gone with a more subdued shirt and maybe a repp stripe tie.
                    The blazer is the Land's End Donegal tweed pictured here: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tail...231438_-1.html It reads as brown from a distance, not green. I think the crappy pictures I took are making this outfit look off since the only loud main color in the outfit is the red from the shirt and square. Time to figure out how to really use this camera I guess.

Comment

Lotta good stuff lately!

Me today:

Blazer: BR
                      Shirt: J Crew
                      Sweater (vest): Uniqlo
                      Pants: Bonobos
                      Shoes: AE
                      Pocket square: LEC

I just now realized that no two items on me today came from the same store. I'm quite pleased about that!

Comment

looks good shomas (what color are those pants? can't tell from the photo.) kinda kicking myself for not picking up that awesome BR Birdseye when i had the chance for 135. i usually dont listen to the salespeople when they tell me it fits excellently, but yeah, this time they were right. bleh.

Comment

Critique always welcome.

Blazer: J. Crew Ludlow
                          Shirt: Uniqlo
                          Pants: Uniqlo
                          Shoes: Allen Edmonds (Kenilworth)
                          Tie, tie bar and pocket square: The Tie Bar

Note: I adjusted the tie's length already. Realized it was a bit too short after taking the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                            looks good shomas (what color are those pants? can't tell from the photo.) kinda kicking myself for not picking up that awesome BR Birdseye when i had the chance for 135. i usually dont listen to the salespeople when they tell me it fits excellently, but yeah, this time they were right. bleh.
                            Thanks! My wife and I have actually argued over the color of these pants. I say they are navy and she says they are dark gray. The reality is probably that they are a dark blue-ish gray. What the photo doesn't pick up is that there is a very subtle glen plaid pattern to the pants. I like them, but I should have sized down to a 31" waist - I've since learned that lesson with Bonobos.

@TomasR, looking very good as usual. I especially like the pocket square here. It looks like a lot of pattern that you've done a good job of toning down and making work.

Comment

@TomasR - Very nice classic ensemble! Is that knit tie navy or black?
                              @NewGuy - Nice to see some casual outfits done right! I'm pretty bad at that.
                              @bjm - Nice, can you get away with cufflinks at work? I found that people looked at me funny when I wore them, then again, I was an intern

Yesterday:

Today:

Yes, I do wear this blazer way too much... Gonna get two more back after alterations though.

Comment

@TomasR - Really like the blazer.
                                @Shomas - Solid, as usual.
                                @Matt - That scarf is awesome. And I can get away with cufflinks 'cause everything I wear gets looked at funny Most of the people I work with wear t-shirt/polo/plaid/billowy button-up with ill-fitting jeans.

Comment

Working...
                                X