Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    @Vicious, bjmcgeever and ajk170, thanks. I knew the watch strap was a little out on a limb. I have to defend the watch itself, though. My vintage Seamaster DeVille is truly one of my favorite things in the world. Maybe it just photographed poorly? And thanks re. the hair bjmcgeever. It took me a long time, but I've finally got a barber and a style I like.

    Comment


      Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      Blues and gray today.

      [Disclaimer: I know the blazer is a bit tight.]

      Blazer: BR
      Shirt: CT
      Pants: BR
      Socks: J Crew
      Shoes: AE Player's Shoe
      I think the whole thing looks great. I especially like those pants - and the jacket doesn't look particularly tight to me.

      Comment


        Agree with Shomas, I wish I could find a similar pair, they look nice! There's a little tugging on your blazer, bjmcgeever, but it's not something I'd lose sleep over, it looks good.

        Comment


          @bjmcgeever - nailing it, and agree with shomas, that blazer doesn't look too tight. Makes me realize again just how much I love the fit of banana republic blazers and suit jackets. Also like the shirt. Is that the extra slim fit?

          Finally, I'm envious of both yours and shomas' hair. What's that style called?

          Comment


            @mikey: Great youthful look again!
            @Vicious: Your fits are slowly showing off more and more of your 10 inch V!
            @Erik: Is that the target blazer? Looks great on your ensemble
            @BJM: Fantastic use of blue gray and walnut. I doubt 90% of the people out there would even notice the blazer was too tight!

            Lazy day at the library and then with family today. Seems like you've guys have started a collage thing going on...I'll give it a try. Pardon my dusty and smudgy mirror again.



            Shirt: BR from Brushetta
            Scarf unknown
            Jacket: Guess
            Pants: Bonobos
            Shoes: Allen Edmonds
            Bag: JW Hulme
            Watch: Bulova
            Belt: Dockers

            Comment


              Foodie - I am so envious of those suede Malverns. The 1 they had in my size had a big stain on it when I called in to order so the lady warned me it wasn't worth my time.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Foodie - I am so envious of those suede Malverns. The 1 they had in my size had a big stain on it when I called in to order so the lady warned me it wasn't worth my time.
                yea, I love em! Can't believe AE is discontinuing them!

                Comment


                  Thanks for the kind words, all.

                  @shomas - I love the pants too. They have a nice flannely/brushed feel to them, and the pattern is subtle enough to work with pretty much anything.
                  @jeff4 - Love their blazers too. I've got three of them now. The shirt is the sky twill in extra-slim fit. I'm an especially big fan of the collar. Don't know what to call my hair style, but it's necessitated by the huge cowlick at the front of my head. The only way I can comb my hair is in that direction, but I've finally got it to a sweet spot.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    @jeff4 - Love their blazers too. I've got three of them now. The shirt is the sky twill in extra-slim fit. I'm an especially big fan of the collar. Don't know what to call my hair style, but it's necessitated by the huge cowlick at the front of my head. The only way I can comb my hair is in that direction, but I've finally got it to a sweet spot.
                    I have 2 of their suits from their tailored line. I just tried on a blazer yesterday while at the store since I heard they redid the dimensions on their tailored jackets, but it still fit the same. A 38R generally fits me pretty well - just needs the chest let out about 1" and the sleeves shortened. I plan on picking a few of their blazers up if they have their 50% for friends and family sale anytime soon.

                    Comment


                      Been a while since i posted;

                      Shirt: Target
                      Jacket: JCP
                      Tie: Tiebar
                      Pocket Square: TieBar
                      Pants: BR
                      Shoes: Reaction KC (I need to upgrade)

                      [IMG][/IMG]

                      Comment


                        A non-freezing day in NYC compelled me to bust out shades of green in advance of Spring.







                        Blazer: J. Crew Ludlow
                        Shirt: Uniqlo
                        Tie, pocket square & tie bar: The Tie Bar
                        Pants: Uniqlo
                        Shoes: Allen Edmonds (Kenilworth)

                        Comment


                          I realize that my posts are incredibly casual (and, hence, simple and boring) but since someone asked about dressing well casually a few days ago I thought I'd throw a few of my WIWTs up here so anyone who dresses as casually as I do can see my thoughts on color and fit.

                          This is WIWSunday, finally a warm/spring-y day!



                          Shirt: RL Classic Fit, 12 years old (It's size small. I'm 6'6". Who said tall people can't size down? I've got one that's going to be turning 18 soon!)
                          Watch (oops!): Boss Black w/ Navy/Red Nato Strap
                          Pants: Levi 511s (I'm getting my old pair of 514's tapered to a 15.5" leg opening to give myself a slightly less slim pair)
                          Socks: JCF
                          Shoes: Cole Haan Boatmans (Love 'em)

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                            yea, I love em! Can't believe AE is discontinuing them!
                            I couldn't resist any longer. Called the shoebank and got 1 of the last 2 pairs they had remaining in my size. Do you know if these are already waterproofed or will I need to spray something on them?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              I couldn't resist any longer. Called the shoebank and got 1 of the last 2 pairs they had remaining in my size. Do you know if these are already waterproofed or will I need to spray something on them?
                              Don't forget the soles for souls promo! They are not already water proofed. I sprayed them down twice, which darkened the suede a little bit but I don't mind.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                                Don't forget the soles for souls promo! They are not already water proofed. I sprayed them down twice, which darkened the suede a little bit but I don't mind.
                                Thanks for the reminder. I called them back and they'll credit me the $35 after they receive my old shoes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X