Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazer details, Vicious? It's a great fit.

Comment

It's a Hickey Freeman Sterling collection blazer in a burgundy herringbone I bought during their recent sale. Only tailoring required was shortening the sleeves a bit.

Comment

@Vicious: Got it. You picked up the navy Sterling from HF as well, right? Fit looked spot on for that one too. Nice finds.

---

Here's one from last night for me (pardon the restaurant bathroom mirror shot):

And today. Really casual. Washed/waxed the car this afternoon and just threw on a pair of boat shoes that I didn't mind getting a bit wet.

Comment

@mikey thanks - I've never really worried about it , just did what felt right and what I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            Vicious49, this blazer fit has raised my expectations for you. From now on I will expect equal if not better fits, and perhaps even wool trousers.

Comment

@Vicious49 - It's been great to see your consistent posts in this thread. Your outfits have been getting better and better. It seems like you were experimenting here and there and finding your look and now you absolutely know what you are doing.

Comment

Eric F- Yes, the navy one is HF also. I've ordered one from LE that I may or may not keep once it arrives. I'm also trying to bid on an older blazer on Ebay right now.

Bruschetta and RedbeardedMike - Thanks guys. I'm still learning and getting better. I have one that I'll have to wear in the next week or so that kicks it up another notch. I actually don't mind wearing blazers and such but it's kind of pointless when I work from home and don't see many people unless I decide to go shopping or something similar after work. Can't really do much else at this time since the weather isn't very good and it gets dark by 6 pm.

Comment

Vicious, great fit on that blazer! I like the look.

Comment

Yep - I remember your first few posts on here, Vicious! You were asking if something fit, and I kept shooting it down. Looks like you should be giving me some pointers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                      @Shomas: LOVE IT. I'm sure some will question the choice of the black suit (...or is it navy? which would make everything I'm about to say irrelevant), and certainly the shoes with the black (again, ?) suit (indeed, I feel perhaps either black (of course) or a lighter walnut might have done better), but the grey socks help to break it up a bit, and the shoes are so goodlooking that it works out alright. Speaking of the socks, I love the socks. That is all.
                      Thanks! It's actually navy, but the light in my office does not lend itself to the highest quality photos.

Comment

Shomas - I totally missed that suit outfit of yours. Love the shirt and socks. I'm not too keen on that watch though.

Comment

@Shomas - Killer hair too, sir.

Comment

@ Shomas - everything looks great - I too am not crazy about the watch star matched up- sorta changes the feel a bit - but on something else might look even better.

Comment

@Vicious49- very cool ensemble- the blazer looks like a great fit!
                              Last edited by ajk170; February 24, 2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Blues and gray today.

[Disclaimer: I know the blazer is a bit tight.]

Blazer: BR
                                Shirt: CT
                                Pants: BR
                                Socks: J Crew
                                Shoes: AE Player's Shoe

Comment

Working...
                                X