Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up late and kinda threw this together. Not sure about the pocket square with this outfit, but whatevs... Have at it!

J. Crew Ludlow Yorkshire tweed blazer in heather gray
    Uniqlo red gingham shirt
    Tie Bar midnight navy grenafaux tie
    Tie Bar tie bar
    Uniqlo tan slim fit chinos
    Florsheim tumbled brown leather haviland longwings
    Orient symphony watch (not pictured)
    Uniqlo brown leather belt (not pictured)

Comment

Looks good, TomasR, especially for throwing something together. I don't see anything wrong with any of it, although it's hard to see what the pants look like (aside from the color) in those shots.

J. Crew's Ludlow fit is great, imo. I have it in a navy cotton blazer, the english tweed brown blazer, and a charcoal grey suit. Wouldn't mind having the grey tweed blazer as well. Good stuff.
      Last edited by Duvel; February 21, 2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Still trying to get comfortable wearing a blazer so I'm keeping it basic and simple for now.

shirt and pants - JC Factory
        jacket - Kensington

Comment

@Matt: Really loving the purple knit. The blazer is pretty daring, but I'm diggin the lapels and you make the one button work.

@Tomas: Absolutely love the navy tie on the gingham. Tie bar a bit high for my tastes, but I think that's opinion.

@Vicious: Every time you post that watch, I get more and more jealous...gahhhh

Been a while since I've posted; this is sure to be a controversial one:

Denim Jacket: Guess
          Hoodie: H&M
          Cobalt blue scoop tee: Topman
          Jeans: Express

Comment

Wanted to wear my JCrew Grey Tweed blazer with this, but had to go with my Uniqlo beige rain mac due to the weather.

Shirt: Red Gingham Bonobos
            Sweater: Blue Banana Republic silk/cashmere/cotton blend
            Pants: Graham Slackers Bonobos
            Socks: Richer Poorer
            Shoes: J&M Runnel Chukka
            Watch: Tourneau

Comment

Threw this together this morning. I wear a Forest Service uniform M-Th, so trying to mix rugged with smart casual. How'd I do?

Jacket: Lands End
              Shirt: GAP
              Tie: Target
              Pants: Bonobos
              Boots: Timberland chelsea

Comment

tweed suit day!
                @shomas - guess it fits pretty well after all.

(roomate peeking in)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                  tweed suit day!
                  @shomas - guess it fits pretty well after all.
                  Now you're just being cruel! Looks great - I particularly like the little yell of purple at the socks. Might want to get that growth on your right shoulder checked out though.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                    Threw this together this morning. I wear a Forest Service uniform M-Th, so trying to mix rugged with smart casual. How'd I do?

Jacket: Lands End
                    Shirt: GAP
                    Tie: Target
                    Pants: Bonobos
                    Boots: Timberland chelsea
                    A U.S. Forest Service brother!? I'm on the R&D side, in Asheville, NC, at the research station.

Comment

Not so casual Friday:

Suit: Uniqlo
                      Shirt: Blank Label
                      Tie/tie bar/pocket square: The Tie Bar
                      Shoes: Grenson
                      Cufflinks: Kent Wang (I love these things, don't get to wear them enough, and wanted to show them off)
                      Watch band: J Crew

Comment

Big fan of the LE jacket by the way, Jeff. I almost returned it, but I'm so glad I kept it. Looks rugged, but as you've shown still works well over a dress shirt and pants.

Comment

Shomas, That Uniqlo suit fits surprisingly well. How tall are you? I found Uniqlo's length to be far too short for me (5'10"), but it looks just about perfect on you.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Shomas, That Uniqlo suit fits surprisingly well. How tall are you? I found Uniqlo's length to be far too short for me (5'10"), but it looks just about perfect on you.
                            It does fit me very well. It's probably the best $150 I ever spent. I'm 5'9.5" - 5'10" depending on how much I slouch. Other Uniqlo suit jackets I've tried on didn't fit me very well, but this one, once I had the sleeves taken up about .5", is great. It's not going to last forever, but I've had it over a year and I wear it a couple of times per month and so far so good.

Comment

@Jake: The tweed is killer. Just a question; is the tie bar between what looks like buttons 2 and 3 a personal choice, or more commonplace? Seen a lot of guys doing it, but I've always been taught 3 and 4.

@jeff: Did pretty well; pants fit is killing it if you ask me, especially the slimness. Not sure if they need to be hemmed or they're just wrinkled, but I really like the slim fit. Tie bar would be an upgrade.

@Shomas: LOVE IT. I'm sure some will question the choice of the black suit (...or is it navy? which would make everything I'm about to say irrelevant), and certainly the shoes with the black (again, ?) suit (indeed, I feel perhaps either black (of course) or a lighter walnut might have done better), but the grey socks help to break it up a bit, and the shoes are so goodlooking that it works out alright. Speaking of the socks, I love the socks. That is all.

Photo quality went out the window again; think it depends on the lighting. Decided to give the Beckham halftuck a spin today:

Sweater: Express
                              Shirt: Express
                              Jeans: Express (seeing a pattern? these are my go to dark wash - they're resin coated, which I enjoy as a nice touch which makes the color much more uniform, almost look like navy chinos)
                              Henley: American Eagle

Disregard the bear head drawn on my hand.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X