• Show
Clear All

This is what I got on today. Pants are light navy

@shomas - what's your size?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      This is what I got on today. Pants are light navy

@shomas - what's your size?
      Nice socks! Picking up the color of the laces is some varsity-level action!

I'm a 38R (more or less). You have a stash of Land's End jackets?

Comment

Haha thanks. No I have. A 41r which id be willing to trade or sell because you'd probably get better use outta it then me. But moot point I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post

I'm a 38R (more or less).
          Same here. Do the LE jackets fit pretty TTS? I regret missing out on that jacket as well. I waited a bit too long and then my size was gone.

Comment

I find that they fit a drop bigger then most jackets - but the 41 is a drop too big on me without tailoring. so if i decided to hold on to it - gotta go get it chopped up at the tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              Same here. Do the LE jackets fit pretty TTS? I regret missing out on that jacket as well. I waited a bit too long and then my size was gone.
              I got mine in a 40R tailored fit and would describe it as comparable to the fit of a J. Crew Ludlow jacket.

Comment

Giving the copper/burnt orange pants another shot today.

Blazer: BR Birdseye
                Shirt: Nordstrom Trim Fit
                Tie: Nautica via Macy's
                Pants: Mossimo 5-pocket
                Boots: Sebago Hamilton

Comment

Like those socks Jake101
                  Those pants are very nice bjm, I have something similar, love them!

Here is me today:

This purple knit is fast becoming my most used tie, it just goes with so many things. The shirt is a very pale lavender with a contrast collar if it looks strange in this lighting.

Comment

@bjmcgeever
                    Solid look and especially digging the windowpane shirt with striped tie combo. However, your jacket seems a bit too tight in the midsection. It could be an angle/posture thing, but the X forming at the button is usually a sign something is off.

@Matt Sasco
                    Nice shirt, tie and jacket combo. I especially like the jacket's pattern even though single button peak lapel isn't territory I'd venture into. Are those pants black or navy? Lighting makes them look a bit out of place with those walnut shoes.

Comment

Matt, I like the entire ensemble, and I especially like the blazer. Where is it from?

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
                        @bjmcgeever
                        Solid look and especially digging the windowpane shirt with striped tie combo. However, your jacket seems a bit too tight in the midsection. It could be an angle/posture thing, but the X forming at the button is usually a sign something is off.
                        It is a bit too tight. I tried a size up, but it was noticeably too large. I'll get it let out in the midsection, eventually.

Comment

@TomasR - They are jeans, lighting is pretty bad at this restroom, but it is the only place my uni has a full sized mirror. Yeah, peak lapel one button is a bit too fashion for me too, or so I thought, but I like it, it is the top half of a Topman suit, they make very trendy stuff, would not wear it to an office probably. So it is from Topman bruschetta Material kinda sucks, has half poly but feels okay.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                            It is a bit too tight. I tried a size up, but it was noticeably too large. I'll get it let out in the midsection, eventually.
                            FYI: letting out is usually more costly and dicey than taking in. It can be hard to gauge how much seam allowance you have and how much you actually need whereas with taking in, all that matters is that the shoulders fit.

Comment

FYI: letting out is usually more costly and dicey than taking in. It can be hard to gauge how much seam allowance you have and how much you actually need whereas with taking in, all that matters is that the shoulders fit.
                              Shoulders were visibly too big on the 38R (the one I'm wearing is 36R) and thus was the chest.

Comment

My tailor charges $55 to let out my jackets. I think they can generally let it out about 1". Anymore than that and you might be out of luck since the material might not be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X