Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the tailor did you right, Vicious. And the material on those pants is indeed great.

I really like the action on your pants as well, Yoyorobbo. Hard to tell the cut from the angle, but I like that material.

Comment

Thanks Shomas. The tailor seems a bit on the expensive side but he does good work. Hemming pants is only $12 but letting my jackets out is $55 and shortening the sleeves on my jackets is $35. I'm not sure what most tailors charge for that but from what I've read online, it sounds like mines a bit pricey.

Comment

Been a while.

Comment

Vicious- I also picked those up from Bonobos during the last 30% off sale. The material looks great, and they are a godsend on a real cold day.

Comment

Mrusso - Yes, the pants were very warm indeed. They're definitely only meant to be worn in colder weather.

Went pretty simple today.

Comment

Vicious, those pants look great and definitely perfect for winter time....I'm a novice on different fabrics but what material is that? Or do you have a link for them on Bonobos' site?

Wore this today for my midterm presentation at school:

Fixed the sagging by the ankles after seeing this pic

Sweater: BR Extra Fine Merino
              Suit: JCrew Factory Thompson
              Shoes: JCP Stafford Boots (These have become my go to in this crappy winter weather here haha)
              Tie: JCrew Factory Donegal

Comment

Pitt - it's a donegal material. Here's a link to them - http://www.bonobos.com/grey-tweed-st...en-the-donegal

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  I really like the action on your pants as well, Yoyorobbo. Hard to tell the cut from the angle, but I like that material.
                  Thanks, man. Yeah, from that angle, they look pretty baggy and frumpy. However, they are IMO a great cut and fit for my frame/build. They're the "vintage straight" fit from Banana Republic, which based on current in-store offerings has been replaced by simply "straight" - a cut that fits me quite badly. Ugh. Hopefully they keep them both around. Luckily I did grab 3 pair of "vintage straight" before they disappeared: the pair shown in my pic, a slightly thinner (material) grey pair, and a navy cords pair too. Again thanks for the reply, Shomas!

Comment

Another brutally cold NYC day so I went with some English country fabrics. Feedback as always is more than welcome.

Land's End tailored fit Donegal tweed blazer
                    Uniqlo gray OCBD
                    Tie Bar wine red silk knit tie
                    Tie Bar tie bar
                    Tie Bar purple/green/white/red plaid pocket square
                    Uniqlo corduroy pants (color is somewhere between mustard yellow and a deep smoky tan if that makes sense)
                    Allen Edmonds dark brown burnished Kenilworth
                    Orient white face/dark brown leather strap Symphony watch (not pictured)
                    Uniqlo dark brown leather belt (not pictured)
                    Last edited by TomasR; February 20, 2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

@TomasR - Solid outfit man. Good color w/o being loud. Tie bar is a bit high for my taste, but to each their own.

Comment

@TomasR, I remain quite jealous of that jacket. I've kicked myself many times for not picking it up when I had the opportunity - this is no exception. You've done a damn good job of wearing colors that pick up some of the flecks in it, too. Nicely done, all the way around.

Comment

@TomasR - great look. I have that same jacket and have been wearing it pretty frequently in the cold, dark weather we're having. It's pretty versatile, though I'm partial to it with a nice white OCBD and navy or light gray v-neck sweater. The texture lends itself to cords/denim well. Do you think it's too much to wear with a pair of smooth worsted wool trousers?

Comment

@Shomas In that case, I won't tell you what I paid for it since that will only amplify the jealousy factor. If it's any consolation, I'm envious of a few of your pieces.

Comment

@LosRockets Not sure I'm the right person to ask as I have yet to get into wool trousers. I do think, given the jacket's texture, that a flannel wool trouser would be a better match as the differing textures would be more complimentary. I've found that the jacket simply goes better with pants that have some texture to them such as cords, denim and twill chinos.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
                                @Shomas In that case, I won't tell you what I paid for it since that will only amplify the jealousy factor. If it's any consolation, I'm envious of a few of your pieces.
                                I'm sure it was a hell of a deal (dammit!). I actually have the matching pants, which I got for a song. Every time I wear them, I think "man, this would be a sweet suit..."

Comment

Working...
                                X