• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
    Thrift fit?

Bad. Ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post

Going for a bit of a dressed-up casual Friday look here.

J. Crew Ludlow Yorkshire tweed sportcoat in heather gray
      Uniqlo white OCBD
      TieBar hunter green knit tie
      TieBar multi-color pocket square (the Alka Patel style)
      TieBar tie bar
      Uniqlo Japanese raw selvedge denim
      Florsheim Haviland in brown crazy horse leather
      Orient Symphony watch
      I'd say the rolled up jeans take it down from a dressed up casual to casual, but still looks good. Nice to see some green used.

@ Vicious Hang your jacket in shower and get them wrinkles out good colour choice though, try the ryan reynolds look where he has a khaki coat, skinny blue tie, and an oatmeal v neck..I'm trying to find the same suit as I think it's a killer combo

@jonATL That's just awesome hah, I almost expect you to have a tommy gun and an old model T or something.
      Last edited by shad0w4life; February 15, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

JonATL - Definitely looks retro/vintage.
        Tomas - Excellent fit on the jacket.

I know some will say I should have tucked in the shirt. I was on the fence about it, but since it's flannel I decided to leave it untucked.

shirt - F&O
        cords - JC Factory
        shoes - Clarks
        watche - Citizen ecodrive

Comment

@Vicious: Nice casual fit again. Very earthly colors and your clarks are developing a really nice patina as well.

Just getting some chores done in and out of the house:

Merona T-shirt
          SuperGA shoes
          514s

Perhaps too casual for a WIWT post? But it is WIWT so...

Comment

@Vicious, I really like the pattern on that shirt - and it looks fine to me untucked.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              I'd say the rolled up jeans take it down from a dressed up casual to casual, but still looks good. Nice to see some green used.
              Yeah, they're raw denim so I don't want to tailor them until they feel fully broken in. Then again, it's been a few months so maybe it's time. Of course, I've grown fond of the rolled-up look since then so I'm on the fence.

What say you all? Should I hem them?

Comment

First time WIWT contribution so here is hoping I link this appropriately

Shirt = English Laundry Black Gingham
                Sweater = Black JC
                Tie = English Laundry
                Pants = Grey Plaid BR Cotton Straight Fit
                Shoes = Not Pictured Florsheim Black Ashland
                Watch = Hidden by Cuffs - Skagen 858XLSLC

Comment

Welcome BenC! Your fit and colore palette looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                    Thrift fit?

My wife loves Waffle House. I tolerate it. But it does mean that Valentine's Day Dinner costs me $16.

If you were watching CBS News in Atlanta, you may have seen us.

Paul Stewart red grenadine ($2)
                    Ratio shirt (not thrifted)
                    Brown AE Sanfords ($6)
                    Incredible three-piece tweed suit, handmade for Carroll & Co. (SF thrift thread purchase. Way less than $100.)
                    (The detailing on this thing is amazing. Everything is handstitched. It's a little tight right now, but will be a great fit eventually.)
                    I am rarely envious...but the look makes me respect you. The price at which you attained it makes me simultaneously admire and hate you. I don't think I could ever find that ensemble for that price no matter how hard I try. I toast you sir...you earned your waffle.

Comment

@Vicious - How long have you had those Clarks and how often do you wear them? I've decided to return my current pair of Erixon shoes to their store and try the desert boots again, this time in the same beeswax leather you have. Just curious how long it'll take to get that lived-in look yours are starting to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRicketts View Post
                        @Vicious - How long have you had those Clarks and how often do you wear them? I've decided to return my current pair of Erixon shoes to their store and try the desert boots again, this time in the same beeswax leather you have. Just curious how long it'll take to get that lived-in look yours are starting to develop.
                        Mine developed that look after 2-3 months, being worn around 2 days per week.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRicketts View Post
                          I've had mine for about 6 months now. Usage varies. I could wear them 3-4 times in a week and then not wear them at all for the next 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Not personally a fan of such a large cuff. Is keep it to half an inch at max. I prefer to let my raw denim stack though..

Comment

Sometimes ya gotta let loose and give things a break. I'd say your son's 9th *Adventure Time* themed birthday party falls into that category. I tried to keep true to some sense of style with the dark-wash 501s, BR striped socks, and white canvas Jack Purcells. But the t-shirt was basically a moral imperative. Plus it brought the biggest smile to my boy's face, and that counts most. What a kid! What a party!

Comment

yoyorobbo, my wife and I love Adventure Time! I think you made the right choice as a father, and as a proponent of personal style.

That outfit does remind me that I really need to get some red socks to add to my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X