Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool casual look Mikey, like everything about it!
    @Vicious - this is also a nice casual look, love that shirt, I would have tucked it in and added a braided belt but then it might turn out less casual I guess! Well put together!

Comment

Pardon my dusty dirty mirror again

gap shirt
      bonobos pants
      merona tie
      Fx jacket
      Frye wingtips

Comment

^ Love the jacket! May I ask where you bought it? Is fx the brand name? Can't seem to find it in google.

Comment

@acoustic - solid outfit. I like the jacket a lot too. I wouldn't have thought to pair a tie with that ensemble, but the big plaid pattern and the material (cotton?) help it work.

Comment

@Bjm: Thanks! YEs the Tie is cotton.
            @Jrit: Oops! I made a typo. Should be fox not fx. Sorry about that.

Just class today. No plans on V-day so just bumming around. Again apologies for the dirty mirror.

Shirt: Brushetta (BR actually)
            Cardigan: Forever21
            514s
            Dixon USA jacket
            Wolverine 1Ks

Comment

Well I need a better camera... was told to dress it up a bit today (field trip) and figured I'd have some fun (I have to save my "serious" dress clothes because I have a Model United Nations conference this weekend). No, the trip was not to a club, but if I do ever go clubbing I'd consider this (drinks on white pants though...ehhhhh)

If it's hard to tell:

Sunglasses: Nordstrom Envoys
              Black dress shirt: Van Heusen? I don't know, it was just sitting there.
              Blazer: Thrifted. It's a bit short in the sleeves, hence the cuff flipup.
              White jeans: Guess

The shoes ruined it; I don't own black dress shoes (well I do, but they're hideous...) so I went with my chocolate brown CDBs. Eh, work in progress.

Comment

Foodie - I like the jacket from yesterday and the Wolverines from today.

Got inspiration from Joe's post to go with the business mullet today. I buttoned the jacket up for the sake of the pic but wore it unbuttoned the rest of the day. Since I didn't get this one tailored, I think it looks better on me unbuttoned.

shirt - JC Factory
                pants - BR Factory
                jacket - Kensington
                shoes - AE Aberdeens
                watch - Orient Millennium

Comment

@Acoustic: I'll echo everyone else and say I'm liking the fox jacket. Those Frye wingtips are nice too (laces look a bit chunky though; double knotted?).

@Mikey: Just a thought, but you ought to try putting your camera on a short self-timer (say 2 seconds or so). I've found it helps to avoid the bit of "shake" that happens when you press the button and could help clear things up.

@Vicious: I've been jealous of that watch since you first posted it. Nice.

---

Nice and simple for dinner tonight with the girlfriend:

Enjoy the evening, gentlemen (however you plan to spend it)!
                  Last edited by Eric F; February 14, 2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                    @Mikey: Just a thought, but you ought to try putting your camera on a short self-timer (say 2 seconds or so). I've found it helps to avoid the bit of "shake" that happens when you press the button and could help clear things up.
                    Thanks for the tip haha, I think it helped (along with better lighting this time)

Also, Vicious, I absolutely love that watch. Very tempted to get one.

Dressed up for Model UN today:

Blazer: Hickey Freeman (thrifted, of course, I don't have that kind of money =P )
                    Scarf: Levis? I think, it was like 5 bucks (is it a bit much? Was inspired to try it by the thread we've got going on)
                    Tie: Express
                    Shirt: VanHeusen (another one I had before I started looking into style)
                    Chinos: BR

Comment

Thrift fit?

My wife loves Waffle House. I tolerate it. But it does mean that Valentine's Day Dinner costs me $16.

If you were watching CBS News in Atlanta, you may have seen us.

Paul Stewart red grenadine ($2)
                      Ratio shirt (not thrifted)
                      Brown AE Sanfords ($6)
                      Incredible three-piece tweed suit, handmade for Carroll & Co. (SF thrift thread purchase. Way less than $100.)
                      (The detailing on this thing is amazing. Everything is handstitched. It's a little tight right now, but will be a great fit eventually.)

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                        (The detailing on this thing is amazing. Everything is handstitched. It's a little tight right now, but will be a great fit eventually.)
                        That suit is amazing. So is the tie. And judging from the spread, I imagine the fit was a bit tighter at the end of the meal than at the beginning.

Comment

Going for a bit of a dressed-up casual Friday look here.

J. Crew Ludlow Yorkshire tweed sportcoat in heather gray
                          Uniqlo white OCBD
                          TieBar hunter green knit tie
                          TieBar multi-color pocket square (the Alka Patel style)
                          TieBar tie bar
                          Uniqlo Japanese raw selvedge denim
                          Florsheim Haviland in brown crazy horse leather
                          Orient Symphony watch

Comment

@jonATL - You are hands down the most dappered man ever to walk into a Waffle House.

Comment

@JonATL: Knowing you, I bet the waffles costed more than the suit! Great to see you on the WIWTs again!
                              @Mikey: ModelUN? Are you in high school? In anycase I like the contrast you put into your outfit with the tie versus the darker neutral colors of everything. Gives off a youthful vibe.
                              @Tomas: Can't go wrong with those colors, nice to see some Florsheims being represented

Comment

@Mikey - Another great outfit! You seriously got it going on, haven't seen anything I didn't like from you yet!
                                @JonATL - Very nice three piece!
                                @TomasR - Everything is bang on! Particularly like that jacket!

A quick snap in the elevator today

Coat - Zara
                                Jacket - Next
                                Shirt - Ralph Lauren
                                Braided belt and chinos - H&M

Comment

Working...
                                X