Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoeG, I have those same socks, they're from Target. I love mine.

Comment

Joe G and Eric classic can't do no wrong combinations. Along with Vicious, thanks for adding more casualness to the WIWTs!

Some previous ones I forgot to post.

Just lounging around the library

Tooks Beanie
      Gap corduroy shirt
      Madden Boots

BR shirt
      BR sweater
      Jcrew Factory wool pants
      Jcrew Allerton suede shoes

Comment

Yup, the thread has definitely been leaning a bit more casual lately. I appreciate all the inspiration.

@JoeG: I like the cardigan/shirt/tie combo. That's something I'll have to try. Also, cool take on the WIWT picture.

Comment

@Acoustic - are those the JCF charcoal gray wool pants? That's the pair I have and I wasn't sure I could wear them with anything but black shoes because the charcoal is so dark. What's your thought on that?

Comment

@ Furious Styles - Love the argyle with the suit... a nice, unexpected twist, but still conservative and professional.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Styles View Post
              Yep-yep. I have them too. In fact, I just snagged a few more of their other striped socks, as they are on clearance. Sure, clearance prices on a $3 pair of socks isn't much of a savings, but hey, every little bit counts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                @Acoustic - are those the JCF charcoal gray wool pants? That's the pair I have and I wasn't sure I could wear them with anything but black shoes because the charcoal is so dark. What's your thought on that?
                They are actually JCF charcoal pants from the thompson line so probably even more charcoally than your gray wool pants. I wear them with brown shoes, walnut shoes, suede shoes and burgundy shoes since I wear them a lot by themselves. I would think you would probably be able to do them same.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Styles View Post
                  It was my first time wearing them, and they were actually fairly nice. They didn't keep falling down on me.

So, I had to 86 the tie. While I was in the shower my girlfriend's dog found himself a new chew toy.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
                    So, I had to 86 the tie. While I was in the shower my girlfriend's dog found himself a new chew toy.
                    I know how you feel. I lost my Allen Edmonds Strands in the same way.

Comment

That's why I don't have pets.

Different look from me today. I'll post later after I get a pic.

Comment

Camel hair sportcoat - Thrifted
                        Stafford blue oxford - Thrifted
                        Tommy Hilfiger tie
                        Perry Ellis trousers - outlet store.

Even though you can't see them, I wore a brown belt and shoes. Is that ok with the dark jacket and pants? It looks good with the pants and a navy jacket, didn't know about with the grey one.
                        http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by A3M0N View Post
                          Even though you can't see them, I wore a brown belt and shoes. Is that ok with the dark jacket and pants? It looks good with the pants and a navy jacket, didn't know about with the grey one.
                          A3M0N, this is your best so far. Brown belt + brown shoes is the right choice. The shirt, pocket square, trousers, and sport coat look great. The tie is awful. However, this is a huge improvement over your previous outfits. A solid burgundy, dark grenadine red, or navy tie would have made this outfit perfect in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            A3M0N, this is your best so far. Brown belt + brown shoes is the right choice. The shirt, pocket square, trousers, and sport coat look great. The tie is awful. However, this is a huge improvement over your previous outfits. A solid burgundy, dark grenadine red, or navy tie would have made this outfit perfect in my eyes.
                            Thanks, I think. Why is my tie awful? I have noticed that brown goes with most everything. When are black shoes/belt appropriate? Black suit, or navy?
                            http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              That's why I don't have pets.

Different look from me today. I'll post later after I get a pic.
                              This is why I train my pets. My Golden Retriever went to obedience school. When I was 24 and owned my first real dog, a sweet Doberman pincher, she made a snack of a favorite and expensive Polo tartan button-up shirt. I never forgave her but I vowed from that day to train every dog I would ever have not to do that kind of thing.

A few lessons in obedience classes really pay off.
                              Last edited by Duvel; February 3, 2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A3M0N View Post
                                Thanks, I think. Why is my tie awful? I have noticed that brown goes with most everything. When are black shoes/belt appropriate? Black suit, or navy?
                                The tie is tacky. In general, avoid ties that are shiny (past the natural shine present in a silk tie), and stick with ties that have one or two colors. I see gold, white, black, and blue there: it's just too much. It makes the tie look cheap. I don't want to be too negative because the rest really is excellent.

You could have worn black shoes with this outfit and you would have been 100% fine. I would have worn black oxfords simply because that's my taste, but your choice of brown is more stylish. Black goes with black, navy, charcoal, or mid grey. Dark brown goes with everything but black, with one exception: black + navy is a safer bet than brown + navy.

Style bloggers tend to frown upon black shoes because black (calf) leather has a uniform appearance. Black leather doesn't develop a patina (subtle variations of color), but brown leather does.

Comment

Working...
                                X