Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ MaxMan - Foolproof combination, like it a lot! I would have swapped the blue trousers (jeans?) to a grey wool pair but that is just personal preference. Love the tie too!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
      @ MaxMan - Foolproof combination, like it a lot! I would have swapped the blue trousers (jeans?) to a grey wool pair but that is just personal preference. Love the tie too!
      Thanks Matt, they are the JCP chino in Navy. I was going to contrast the pants but changed direction and decided to go Monochrome and make my tie, shirt, and shoes contrast the rest of the fit. I feel like if someone looks at me, they will focus on my top half and the lowest level of the fit. The pants and cardy are demo pieces, my shirt tie and shoes are what i wanted on display.
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Sweater's just a touch too big but the next size down was spandex-y so it'll have to do...
        J.Crew/Stafford/Tie?/Express/Stafford Wing Tips not shown

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          @josh - I agree with shadow on the low rise of your pants and shirt size. Also, if you're going to wear a tie, there's no reason not to button that top button. Just looks sloppy unbuttoned, IMO.
          Fair enough with the tie. At that point in the day, the climate control of the building had gone rogue and was trying to sweat us out of there!

RE: Shirt size...This is a medium, used to wear small. With my proportions (6'1", 155-160) small sizes are too short on my frame. They rarely stay tucked in. So, I go medium, buy slimmer fits, and get shirts i LOVE tailored when I can...which isn't too often for this broke student.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
              @Shomas - Are those AE Neumora's? Did you get them through any kind of deal?

My desire for a pair of double monks has been increasing over the past year... it's at a tipping point. Wondering your thought on them? My Strand in 9D fits perfect; any idea on how the Neumora's compare?
              It is on the 333 last. so it is more narrow in the toe box.

Comment

Monochromatic today:

BR tailored-fit suit, Neiman Marcus shirt, thrifted tie, Macy's tie bar, JCF belt, Casio watch, Allen Edmonds black wingtip oxfords (not shown).

I've stopped wearing nice watches to court because I'm tired of having to chuck them into bins while going through security at 100mph. So I'm wearing a $14 plastic Casio instead.
                Ben

Comment

So many new updates in one day with pretty good fits! Also nice to see the return of Pitt and Maxman!

Originally posted by Shomas View Post

Re. the Neumoras, I've read reviews in which people complain about the placement of the toe cap, the sizing and the color. I suspect those reviews are from people that are somewhat more persnickety than I am, but they're out there.
                  Ah, people are so picky on the neumoras it seems. Some of it also seems to stem from people angry Allen Edmonds dropped the Mora in favor of the neumora. That however is just a matter of taste and really comes down to whether people want a more european looking last (neumora) or a more american style last (original mora). They are both gorgeous as you can see from my pics (the neumora here is fresh out of the box with a brand new polish while the mora I took a picture of is after wearing and not polishing for a few months tho):

Comment

Foodie....F OFF

I'm trying to focus on paying off 15k in the next 2 months here....those pics are NOT helping at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                      Foodie....F OFF

I'm trying to focus on paying off 15k in the next 2 months here....those pics are NOT helping at all.
                      LoL I thought you picked up a pair of european monks already from herring tho!

Comment

Am I the only one having difficulty telling those two apart? The Mora looks a bit wider to my eye and maybe has a bit more burnishing on the toe, but that's about all I pick up on. They're both gorgeous though.

Comment

I did, but they are red mahogany...wearing them today go figure. IN an outfit I specifically designed around your dark shades comment

But I want black monks and despite my lack of love for Brown those are coloured very well, really love monk straps

Btw anyone see this?! AE custom coloured Neumoks

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...tm_content=C22

@Eric: Yeah they look pretty close, I like the Neumora though the toe cap looks longer, rather than the typical short stubby AE cap along with a slightly less rounded toe
                          Last edited by shad0w4life; February 1, 2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Acoustic and Shomas are going to be the death of me... Those shoes are gorgeous. I've read some things about the toe box creasing oddly - anyone have that problem?

@Acoustic - what color are your neumora's?

Comment

I have a pair of neumora's and haven't found any odd creasing. If it has any relation they get worn around once every 10-14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                                Acoustic and Shomas are going to be the death of me... Those shoes are gorgeous. I've read some things about the toe box creasing oddly - anyone have that problem?

@Acoustic - what color are your neumora's?
                                Both monks are in brown Jeff. There is also some thought that monks are a trend and may look odd in the future...but who knows

Comment

Working...
                                X