Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid outfit hamm23. Personally, I like unbuttoning the top button and the bottom two buttons of cardigans; creates a little more of a V shape.

Comment

Blazer - BR Birdseye
      Shirt - Gap
      Pants - JCF
      Shoes - AE Kenilworth
      Pocket Square - Target
      Socks - Ike Behar

Comment

@hmm: Nice! That jacket has a little barbour like look to it :-)
        @bjm: solid look, colors, and fit. Can't go wrong.

Comment

@bjm: Man, I like that blazer. Have you had any tailoring done to it? I think I remember you posting it in the "fit" thread, but I forget what your plan for it was. That's essentially the look I've been trying to work on. Good stuff!

Comment

Looks like it's gonna rain so bumming around in more water friendly wear today:

Filson Jacket
            Gap shirt
            514s
            Sorel Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
              @bjm: Man, I like that blazer. Have you had any tailoring done to it? I think I remember you posting it in the "fit" thread, but I forget what your plan for it was. That's essentially the look I've been trying to work on. Good stuff!
              Thanks, dude! I haven't had any work done on it yet. I'm gonna give it a month or so before I make any decisions on tailoring.

Comment

We got snow on the ground here today. Some more on the way tomorrow. Wearing my new JCrew roll neck sweater that I got on sale for $24. The other pic is the same outfit with my new LandsEnd Wool Downfilled vest. I wish I could remember the fashion/blog site I got the recommendation for it from. Came out to a little less than $50.

Sweater - JCrew - $24
                Pants - JCrew Factory - $25
                Shoes - AE Cascades
                Vest - LandsEnd - $49

Comment

@Vicious I like the colour combos today, also I thought you said previously you had around 10" drop, you should try getting things more fitted and highlight it, the sweater looks a little roomy on you,the vest works well for bringing it in though.

Comment

@ Vicious - I believe you may have seen the Lands End vest on Broke and Bespoke

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                      @Vicious I like the colour combos today, also I thought you said previously you had around 10" drop, you should try getting things more fitted and highlight it, the sweater looks a little roomy on you,the vest works well for bringing it in though.
                      Around 8-10" depending on if I'm exhaling or inhaling. The problem is that a lot of times I fall in between sizes. I got a Henley from JCrew in a medium that I had to return because it felt too small. With this sweater I ordered a medium and it actually feels a bit big. This might have been one of the times I could have sized down to a Small in JCrew but at $24 it was a steal and it's sold out. So I can either keep it or return it. I like it enough where I decided to keep it at that price.

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                      @ Vicious - I believe you may have seen the Lands End vest on Broke and Bespoke
                      You're right. That's where I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Around 8-10" depending on if I'm exhaling or inhaling. The problem is that a lot of times I fall in between sizes. I got a Henley from JCrew in a medium that I had to return because it felt too small. With this sweater I ordered a medium and it actually feels a bit big. This might have been one of the times I could have sized down to a Small in JCrew but at $24 it was a steal and it's sold out. So I can either keep it or return it. I like it enough where I decided to keep it at that price.
                        Vicious have you ever considered getting some of your shirts taken in then? Your recent WIWT fits are good but they would look even better if the world can see you have a 10 incher underneath.

Comment

@ Vicious - what's the size of the LE vest?

Comment

Man that's a nice looking vest... trying to resist pulling the trigger on it.

Comment

@Vicious49
                              Agree with @AcousticFoodie, few things are as flattering on men as a V taper from shoulders to waist and the fit of your clothes don't seem to highlight that. I don't have the same kind of taper you do, but find that slimmed down shirts and pants highlight my proportions nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                                Vicious have you ever considered getting some of your shirts taken in then? Your recent WIWT fits are good but they would look even better if the world can see you have a 10 incher underneath.
                                I don't have the V shape as much as your torso does. I'm thicker across my chest to back if that makes sense. Similar to if you've ever seen an NFL player and they're just thick across the top. So not sure if taking them in would make a huge difference on me like it would on someone like you. I'll post a link to a shirtless pic I took last when I was tracking trying to lose some bodyfat % if that will help describe it better. Don't really want to post shirtless pics in here you know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...July2011-1.jpg

Originally posted by Greenhorn View Post
                                @ Vicious - what's the size of the LE vest?
                                The one I got is a size Small. With LE, I always size down 1 from my normal size.

Comment

Working...
                                X