• Show
Clear All

Still too hot for anything but one layer

http://imgur.com/tnXqJ9V

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      Still too hot for anything but one layer

http://imgur.com/tnXqJ9V
      Nice basic casual wear. We need more of that in the WIWT. Actually we need more ppl to post WIWT in general! Nice tele btw.

Comment

It's a little old, but I forgot to throw it up there. New blazer!

Last edited by hon140; January 20, 2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

About the only day I get to dress up is Sunday for church.

Croft and Barrow blazer and shirt from Khols, Perry Ellis trousers (from an outlet), and Merona tie from Target.

Here is another shot with my hat, I haven't spent alot of time wearing, trying to find some confidence to pull it off. What say you? Douchey?

Goon fedora from Hats in the Belfry.

http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

@A3M0N Man, how do you manage such a consistent smile across all of your pics? That's a skill I wish I could learn. Can't say much about the fedora, as I've never had the urge/guts to try them personally and therefore I have no idea how they're supposed to fit.

Here's tonight for me. I'll be off soon to schmooze at a wine event with the girlfriend. I've been trying to break out of the blue on blue with brown shoes habit (or blue on white on brown) that I've started for myself lately, but I'll have to update my closet to make any serious progress. The shirt here looks blue, but it's a white/grey striped OCBD that I picked up from JCrew factory recently. Any suggestions on other versatile/staple colors that aren't white, grey, blue, gingham, that I should be looking out for?

Merona Kensington
            JCrew Factory
            514s
            AE Kenilworth (just got these a couple weeks ago and have been loving them)

Comment

@A3M0N: hats like that can be tricky to pull off. You might play with various brim configurations to find what looks best. This looks like the whole thing is snapped down, which I don't think is that flattering. I'm a "whole thing snapped up" man, myself, but what looks best will vary person to person. The only way to pull it of is with confidence-which is probably the hardest part.

The rest of your outfit looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                Any suggestions on other versatile/staple colors that aren't white, grey, blue, gingham, that I should be looking out for?
                I'm personally a sucker for purples and burgundies

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                  @A3M0N Man, how do you manage such a consistent smile across all of your pics? That's a skill I wish I could learn. Can't say much about the fedora, as I've never had the urge/guts to try them personally and therefore I have no idea how they're supposed to fit.
                  Not sure really, I just smile. I've never been good at the no smile, mean mug, type of picture - despite being in the military.

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  @A3M0N: hats like that can be tricky to pull off. You might play with various brim configurations to find what looks best. This looks like the whole thing is snapped down, which I don't think is that flattering. I'm a "whole thing snapped up" man, myself, but what looks best will vary person to person. The only way to pull it of is with confidence-which is probably the hardest part.

The rest of your outfit looks good!
                  The back of the hat is actually snapped up, that has kinda dissapointed me. Its almost flat, I sent an email the retailer asking if there was a way to make that snap more pronouced. We'll see what they say.

Thanks fellas.
                  http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

The back of the hat is actually snapped up, that has kinda dissapointed me. Its almost flat, I sent an email the retailer asking if there was a way to make that snap more pronouced. We'll see what they say.
                    Depending on the material (felt of any sort), you can often alter the shape of the brim by hitting it with a bit of steam from an iron or a steamer and shaping it with your hands.

Comment

@A3MON

The hat looks too big to me. I've always been hat guy myself and fedora's can be tough to nail down. You have to try on a bunch to find the proportions that work with your face, head and shoulder shape and that one seems a bit overwhelming on you. I think it'd work better if the brim had some roll to it.

Comment

Shirt: Club Room
                        Jacket: Target
                        Pants: BR
                        Shoes: Stafford

Last edited by greg_s; January 21, 2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Casual again. Last day we're going to have this week that is above freezing so figured I could get away with just a shirt. I realize the watch is black while everything else is brown but eh.

Shirt - F&O
                          Pants - JCrew Factory
                          Boots - Clarks
                          Watch - Timex with a band that I had taken off my VSA watch

Comment

@Vicious49: looks great! That's a stellar example of untucked not being sloppy. I especially like the shirt. What's the material?

Comment

Shomas - Thanks. It feels an inch or two short to me but the wife thought it looked good so I went with it. It's 100% cotton. I got it in this months Hunt club. I'm almost 5'8" and that's about what a Medium shrunk down to. Not sure if this direct link will work - http://www.frankandoak.com/product/5382

Comment

I think the corduroys aren't as clean near the bottom as they could be but they're not long on me so not sure what I would do to make them look a little less sloppy. Then again, I paid like $22 for them so not sure if I'd want to spend much getting them tailored anyways.

Pic of what I'm wearing followed by 1 of me all bundled up ready to head out. It's in the single digits today if you account for the wind chill.

Shirt - JCrew Factory - $15
                                Pants - Jcrew Factory - $22
                                Sweater - BR - $30
                                Watch - Christopher Ward - $200
                                Shoes - AE Cascades - $200

Peacoat - JCrew Factory - $75
                                Cashmere Scarf - LastCall - $35
                                Gloves - RL - $25

Comment

Working...
                                X