• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@mjs - Love the texture on that blazer.

Comment

@Vicious, I like the colors, but I vote for tucking in the shirt

@Acoustic, glad to see the return of the stool

@hamm, I see what you're going for but pretty busy since the plaid isn't a basic plaid, it has microplaids running through it. Looks like things fit well.

@mjs, I like it

@bj, I like the general outfit. Shoes look nice, sleeves on the blazer look a hair short (or maybe the elbow area is just wrinkled)
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

It has been awhile since I posted. I had a pretty low-stress research conference today:

The famed BR bridge coat, looks weirdly rumpled in the photo but it generally fits quite nicely OTR.

Sweater: Express
        Shirt: Custom made in Korea

Pants: JCrew wool (purchased from thrifter)
        Socks: Express
        Shoes: John Varvatos

Watch with new band
        Watch: Stuhrling
        Band: Crown & Buckle

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
          @Vicious

I say untucked is fine and dandy if you change out those shoes for some canvas kicks. I go casual most of the time and there is no need to put more effort into your look if you don't have to. Trying too hard always looks bad in my opinion, keep it simple.
          Didn't have much choice with the shoes. They were predicting rain and possible snow so i had to wear something with a decent sole.

Here's me again with the same outfit ready to head out. Tucked the shirt in this time.

Jacket - LE Oilcloth
          Gloves - RL fingerless mittens that Joe featured earlier this week

Comment

@joe3: I have a sneaking suspicion the sleeves of the blazer are too long?
            @ bjmcgeever: Sleeves look too short by about 1/2 inch?

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
              I was going to wear this exact same outfit (different brands) this morning including the white spread-collar shirt, navy v-neck sweater, charcoal trousers, white-faced watch with brown band, and brown shoes. Heck, I was even going to wear my glasses, a topcoat, and carry my iPhone. Greg, after seeing your post I am changing my outfit so that I'm not mistaken for a greg_s clone.

Vicious49, I like everything about that outfit. Rock that orange!

Comment

@JGL and @greg - The sleeves do indeed look short. Not sure if it's just in the photo or if they were like that all day.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                  @joe3: I have a sneaking suspicion the sleeves of the blazer are too long?
                  @ bjmcgeever: Sleeves look too short by about 1/2 inch?
                  @JGL: I hope not. Just go it back from the tailor, he already shortened them

Comment

@bjmcgeever

Kudos the outfit, but what drew my attention was your ring. Texas A&M grad?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      Greg, after seeing your post I am changing my outfit so that I'm not mistaken for a greg_s clone.
                      Ha! You've alluded that the hair is what differentiates us. Also, I am known for my good looks the world over, no worries about being mistaken for me :P

Comment

Went target Crazy in today's outfit the only thing not from target is my shirt JCF,boots Sebago

Comment

@bjmcgeever: Looks good. Is that shirt oxford or seersucker? That's the first time I've like the Kenilworths. Usually, they don't do much for me, but they look very good here.
                          @mjs2103: I like that shirt and those boots a lot. I may have to give F&O shirts a try. Their blazers fit me oddly, if at all, but maybe I'll have better luck with a shirt...?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            @bjmcgeever: Looks good. Is that shirt oxford or seersucker? That's the first time I've like the Kenilworths. Usually, they don't do much for me, but they look very good here.
                            Thanks! It's oxford. Got it off eBay so it's nice and worn in. I bought the Kenilworths on a whim off of eBay (cause they were $70!). They've turned out to be a favorite, mostly because they go with almost anything.

Comment

Been a while. Jumping back in after fixing some phone/camera problems:

Shirt: JCF
                              Sweater: BR
                              Pants: J Crew
                              Shoes: Grenson
                              Watch: weekender with my just-delivered J Crew strap. Delivery on this was insanely quick - ordered yesterday morning, delivered today. Not my usual experience with J Crew.
                              Glasses: Shuron Sidewinder frame with an updated prescription and no scratches. These are identical to my old glasses, but I can see much better.

Comment

Oh Shomas, what a beard. *Slow clap*

Comment

Working...
                                X