This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjs2103 View Post
    @Mycatdjs - I agree with Shomas, a knit tie would be best here or you could just ditch the tie altogether since you are wearing jeans.

@Ursus - love the tie, where is it from?

@Joe3 - collar looks way better here

@Shad0w4Life - I'm not usually a fan of a vest on its own but it looks good here.
    Thanks! It's a BB makers. Found it on etsy.

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a good buy then, just gotta be careful with it. Have a smaller dotted navy tie, might try that one day with it Got a light brown linen suit coming in for the summer as well, gonna be easy to match it up with that too.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Shirt -Club Room ($5 macys clearance)
        Jacket -JCP ($40 Clarence
        Pants - not sure of the brand, purchased at Marshall's

Comment

@Matt. Great combination of colors, materials and pattern. Everything comes together even the polka dots. Jacket looks a little tight but that could just be the way you're standing in the pic.

Comment

Shirt - JCrew Factory $20
            Sweater - BR - $21
            Pants - JCrew Factory -$22
            Shoes - AE Cascades - $200
            Watch - Citizen Ecodrive - $110

Comment

Vicious, not digging the colour scheme on that one. And the untucked shirt

Comment

I think the colors are fine... a little retro-autumnal, but nothing awful.

I do agree the untucked shirt doesn't quite work here. Might work better if you rolled up your sleeves for a more committed casual look? With the sleeves down and the shirt untucked, the outfit seems a little confused between regular casual and business casual.
                Ben

Comment

@Vicious - I'll offer a dissenting opinion and say that the untucked shirt looks fine. Then again, I'm more of an "untuck" guy in general (as are 90% of the men in the Bay Area, including the casual but stylish ones) so I likely have more "tolerance" for it than others on here.

Comment

I like the color scheme there, Vicious. In fact I find myself grabbing the same orange BR sweater (well, in a V-neck), and pairing it with brown cords (514s) quite often.

I have gotten the feeling, as LesserBlackDog mentions, that it is a little bit too "Fall-ish" of a getup, but it seems to go so well as a color scheme that I let it fly.

I also agree that the shirt needs to be tucked in. Sorry, man. Just MO.

Although, are you the gent who works from home? If so I don't see it being an issue.

Comment

I think the color scheme is okay and fits the fall/winter seasons vicious. Although I prefer tucked rather than untucked.

Being simple and basic again:

Shirt: LEC
                      Sweater: Express
                      Jeans: 514
                      Shoes: AE Black hills

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I work from home but it takes me 10 seconds to tuck it in. I was going for a casual look and thought it might look better untucked. Swing and a miss on that one.

Comment

@Vicious

I say untucked is fine and dandy if you change out those shoes for some canvas kicks. I go casual most of the time and there is no need to put more effort into your look if you don't have to. Trying too hard always looks bad in my opinion, keep it simple.
                          Last edited by Dave Porter; January 17, 2013, 05:33 PM.
                          42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Been lurking for awhile, figured I should try to contribute occasionally.
                            BB/Lands End/Dockers/Stafford Wing Tips-not pictured

Comment

Going out in NYC for dinner with the fiancée.

Blazer - GAP
                              Shirt - Frank & Oak
                              Chinos - Frank & Oak
                              Boots - Land End Canvas

Comment

A bit more colorful than I usual go for, but my wife liked it.

Blazer - Banana Republic
                                Pocket square - Target
                                Shirt - J Crew
                                Chinos - Mossimo
                                Shoes - AE Kenilworth

Comment

Working...
                                X