X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mycatdjs View Post
    Lesser, you suggest a plain tie?
    I think a monochrome tie would be much better here. Something knit, perhaps? I have a charcoal knit tie in a thick jersey-ish fabric that I wear with a similar shirt. I think it's a combo that works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      "A-B-C.
      A-Always,
      B-Be,
      C-Coordinating.
      Always be coordinating, always be coordinating."

DEAD.

Comment

@Mycatdjs - I agree with Shomas, a knit tie would be best here or you could just ditch the tie altogether since you are wearing jeans.

@Ursus - love the tie, where is it from?

@Joe3 - collar looks way better here

@Shad0w4Life - I'm not usually a fan of a vest on its own but it looks good here.

Comment

Todays outfit:

Nothing too special but I love this shirt. I just got it in my Frank & Oak hunt club box and its awesome.

Shirt - Frank & Oak (textured, mini-cross stitch fabric) http://www.frankandoak.com/product/7404
          Newport Chinos - Frank & Oak
          Shoes - Mezlan (on a note from a previous thread today by AcouticFoodie about length of pants when sitting, I pull my pants up some for the shoe shot so i can show off the socks)

Comment

MJS - I considered trying that shirt out but passed on it. Good to know it looks better in person. I might give it a shot if they restock it. My problem with F&O shirts is that they are always hit or miss for me in terms of fit. The medium fits me perfectly except for the chest being too tight. Some of them are just a tad bit looser so it's a great fit but the other half of them are already pushing the edge and the minute I wash them you can see the buttons pulling at the chest. I'm guessing you're a size small?

I can't wear their pants as they are slim fit and my legs aren't skinny enough to fit comfortably in them.

I do the same thing with my socks for most of these shots.
            Last edited by Vicious49; January 16, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              MJS - I considered trying that shirt out but passed on it. Good to know it looks better in person. I might give it a shot if they restock it. My problem with F&O shirts is that they are always hit or miss for me in terms of fit. The medium fits me perfectly except for the chest being too tight. Some of them are just a tad bit looser so it's a great fit but the other half of them are already pushing the edge and the minute I wash them you can see the buttons pulling at the chest. I'm guessing you're a size small?
              Nope, I wear a medium from Frank & Oak and the fit is spot on. I've had really good luck with them with basically everything i've tried from them and keep most of what i order. I just really like the fit of their stuff so i have been getting most of my recent purchases from them as i slow down shopping now that my closet is getting full. The only thing i wasn't a big fan of were their blazer offerings but i haven't tried out any of the new ones to see if anything has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjs2103 View Post
                Nope, I wear a medium from Frank & Oak and the fit is spot on. I've had really good luck with them with basically everything i've tried from them and keep most of what i order. I just really like the fit of their stuff so i have been getting most of my recent purchases from them as i slow down shopping now that my closet is getting full. The only thing i wasn't a big fan of were their blazer offerings but i haven't tried out any of the new ones to see if anything has changed.
                The blazer fit is still all over the place. Last one also had really cheap material. I've basically given up on the blazers from there. I usually order about 3 shirts for my Hunt Club and keep 1. There was a 2nd one I wanted to keep this past time but it was just too tight across the chest. I wish they would make it just 1" bigger across the chest then it would be a perfect fit for me too.

Comment

Sweater - Target
                  Pants - BR factory
                  Shoes - Johnston and Murphy

Comment

Just posted this elsewhere, but it, coincidentally is also wiwt. Just finished up the tailoring.

Jacket - eBay
                    Sweater jcp
                    Shirt and pants - merona
                    Boots - sebago

Comment

Jake - The fit is much better than before. It's still not for me as it reminds me too much of Cap'n Crunch.
                      Also, I don't like the olive green pants with the rest of that outfit.

Comment

yeah olive green pants would look weird. lightings bad again. they're grey. Crunchatize me cap'n!

Comment

Today at the theater with family:

I know the polka dot shirt will divide, or everyone will just hate it.

Comment

@Matt Sasco, had you asked me before I took a look what the odds were that I would hate a polka dot shirt, I would have said "close to 100%." However, I gotta say I do not, in fact, hate this. I'm not saying I love it, nor do I think I could pull it off, nor am I particularly interested in trying, but I definitely don't hate it. Indeed, you seem to be pulling it off pretty damn well. Your tie selection is mighty smart here, too. Overall, nicely done.

Comment

@MJS: consistently good fits so far
                              @shadow: good athletic fit per usual
                              @joe: Get wurkin stiffs asap! Otherwise good colors
                              @Jake: Nice Jacket. Not enough double breasts around here. pants look baggier than your usual fits tho
                              @Vicious: Glad you are around. Sometimes I feel the WIWT doesn't have enough casual wear so I'm glad you contribute more casual fits.
                              @Matt: I for one give a big thumbs up to the polka dot shirt

Lookin regularly plain today (forgive my dirty mirror):

Shirt: BR
                              Sweater: Gap
                              Tie: Target
                              Pants: Bonobos
                              Shoes: Allen Edmonds Sanford

Comment

Acoustic - thanks. I initially wouldn't post much because my outfits are more casual than most in here. I work from home 90% of the time so I have no reason to wear suits and blazers since no one gets to see them. The most human contact I have on most days (excluding my wife of course) is when I go out to get lunch.

Sasco - I like the polka dot shirt as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X