This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty slow week on WIWT I see, anyways happy turkey guys:

Wore this, wanted to do a heavy pattern mix. Three patterns at work.

DB: Banana factory fitted (it fits very well, I think BR make a very nice bd)

tie: Thrifted, no name, still one of my favorites

Waistcoat: thrifted as well, no name but i like it, subtle window pane pattern.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

@ Peter, I think that tux fits great; it certainly looks like a $1000 outfit. I also appreciate that the bowtie isn't perfectly the same size on each side.

@ MaxMan, that tie is sick. Amazing find.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

@MaxMan is the king of thrifted ties.

Comment

@MaxMan - That is a good mix of patterns. They are all distinct enough to stand on their own, and it doesn't look too busy.

No pics today, but I'm spending the Thanksgiving holidays with my parents and have picked up a few military hand-me-downs from Dad. I'm wearing an old hand-wind watch with an olive green plastic case and a nylon strap, and surprisingly, a commando sweater. My dad is 6'5", I'm 5'9", so I don't get to wear much of his old stuff - but his size XL wool commando sweater shrank down to a nearly perfect size small in the dryer, so now it's mine. :-)

I've got my Thanksgiving dinner outfit planned out so I will definitely post pics of that tomorrow.

Ben

Comment

Well - I feel responsible for killing this thread, so let's see if I can't bring it back to life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/11-30-2011.jpg

Shirt: Banana Republic

Tie: Target

Tie clip: Kenneth Cole Reaction

Blazer: Thrifted

Jeans: Levi's 514

Watch: Deep Blue

Shoes (not pictured): Thrifted

The tie isn't dirty, the mirror is just smudged....

Ben

Comment

@BenR Wow... That shirt / tie / tie bar / sportcoat combination is killer. I love the purple, the pattern of the shirt, and the texture of the tie and coat. Nicely done.

Comment

BenR, that SC is "WOW"...ALL I CAN SAY... nicely done

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

Thanks guys. :-) That jacket is probably my best thrifting find - didn't even need tailoring. The only thing I would change about it are the weird patch pockets, but I guess you can't have everything.

Here's today... a bit of casual layering for the snowy weather:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/12-1-2011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/P1060218.jpg

Hat: Peregrine via Sierra Trading Post

Jacket: Banana Republic

Shirt: Gap

Hoodie: Target

Jeans: Levi's 514

Shoes: Timberland Earthkeepers

Just bought the hoodie yesterday, $12 on clearance. The fit is nice and slim so I think it will make a good layering piece.

Ben

Comment

Black blazer: Brooks Brothers, Traded from Glen

Shirt: Banana Republic

Pants: Bonobos Grey Arringabones

Comment

I am really happy that blazer worked out for you. I wanted to keep it so badly but it fits you way better.

Comment

Shaker Shawl Cardigan from LEC

Green Gingham shirt from Lands End

Knit silk tie from Neiman Marcus via a thrift

Gap selvage denim

Paul Frederick light green cable knit socks

Ferragamo loafers via a thrift

Comment

@ JC I really dig the knit tie and the gingham shirt. Adds a nice summery touch to a layered winter outfit.

Ben

Comment

Variation on the same theme as last time. A slightly more dressed-up casual.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/12-04-2011.jpg

Shirt: J.Crew Factory

Tie: Thrifted

Hoodie: Target

Jeans: Levi's 501 STF

Shoes (not pictured): Black Allen Edmonds loafers, thrifted

Ben

Comment

THIS is a photo my friend snapped of me a few days ago. I figured it was a good day for a go-to-hell blazer. It was not a good day to want Taco Bell though.

Blazer: J. Crew (OTR fit is great imo, could probably lose 1/8-1/4 of an inch on the sleeves)

Shirt: Bonobos

Jeans: BDG

Shoes: Cole Haan

Not in photo:

Sunglasses

W├╝rkin Stiffs

Comment

That blazer is fantastic. Great OTR fit too. Wow.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X