Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitt, the photo is lighter on my computer. That suit looks very good on your frame.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I posted a pic in another thread that had a glimpse of my wifes wedding dress that drew some comments so thought I'd post a better pic of her dress here. I actually wore this about 3 months ago.

I'm sure someone will comment on my suit looking like it's pulling in the 1st pic, but that's because I'm leaning forward a bit doing something there. When standing straight, it does not pull.

Suit - JCF Thompson
      Shoes - AE Strands
      Tie - from LastCall

Comment

You both looked great, Vicious! Congrats!

Comment

Both amazing! Congrats Vicious!

Comment

@MJS: your fit is always spot.
            @Vicious: Nice! The suit and your wife both looking [email protected]
            @Jake: I'm a fan of tan, blues and grays
            @Pitt: That suit gives you a really nice taper from chest to waist
            @Shadow: Speaking of taper, nice fitted vest!

Comment

haha @acoustic me too, but the sweater is actually "Dijon Mustard" and the shirt is lavender. Bad Pic.

Comment

Went really casual today.

shirt - BR $12
                pants - BR factory $35-$40
                Shoes - Clarks

Comment

Saturday:

Shirt: Frank & Oak Flannel
                  Cardigan: Frank & Oak
                  Jeans: Old Navy dark slim fit
                  Boots: Thorogood Moc Toe

Comment

Monday (truly nothing special):

Shirt: Jos A Bank slim fit shirt - I liked the pattern and needed to use a giftcard from x-mas, needs some tailoring
                    Pants: Gap Tailored Fit Chinos
                    Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini Double Monks
                    Watch: Seiko 5
                    Watch Band: http://formfunctionform.com/shop/but...band-cordovan/

Comment

Yes, come forth my double monk brethren!

@Mjs I got a laugh out of the JAB shirt justification already in there :P And I'm not sure if this is a rule or not, your belt buckle looks to be at the side in the last picture, I always though it had to be in the middle, can people chime in about rules for this.
                      Last edited by shad0w4life; January 14, 2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

@ Vicious - I think I would probably leave one more snap unsnapped on that shirt... maybe worth a try.
                        @ mjs - In the second pic, that shoe/belt/watch combo really helps to spice up an otherwise boring office outfit.

My first day of my last semester of law school, temp around 5°F when I left the house this morning:

J.Crew jacket - $100ish
                        Sierra Designs down jacket - $150 (unlike Indochino, I don't do dickies.)
                        LEC shirt - $10
                        Thrifted tie - $2
                        Not shown:
                        Levi's 514 - $30
                        Chippewa boots - $130
                        Hamilton watch - $$$
                        Auclair leather gloves - $15ish
                        Ben

Comment

My first day of my last semester of law school, temp around 5°F when I left the house this morning:

I'm starting to like the puffer vest with a blazer look, especially if you'll be outdoors

Comment

To be honest, I'm a little surprised you're able to fit the down jacket under the blazer and have it fit. I would be pressed to do that on some of my blazers. Do you take off the down jacket and just wear the blazer when you get where you're going?

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                              Yes, come forth my double monk brethren!

@Mjs I got a laugh out of the JAB shirt justification already in there :P And I'm not sure if this is a rule or not, your belt buckle looks to be at the side in the last picture, I always though it had to be in the middle, can people chime in about rules for this.
                              You are right about the belt buckle. I recently had to add a new hole to it while I wait to get a new belt so its been alittle askew as of late.

The JAB shirt is better than i would have expected. It was 3 for 130, not somthing I would have bought without a gift card but not horrible in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                                To be honest, I'm a little surprised you're able to fit the down jacket under the blazer and have it fit. I would be pressed to do that on some of my blazers. Do you take off the down jacket and just wear the blazer when you get where you're going?
                                The down jacket is more like a down sweater than a traditional puffer - it's very sleek and fitted, so I have no problem layering it. It also compresses down to the size of a water bottle, so I just took it off and stashed it in my bag at school today.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X