This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Hopefully you're talking about the pic with the BR jacket and not the Kensington jacket.

As far as the pants needing tailoring . . . I don't understand what I would have tailored. Here's a pic of the pants from different angles. They are the perfect length on me. What specifically would you request a tailor to do on these?
    I think the Kensington looks good, and sounds like you're making the right choice by returning the BR plaid (like the idea of it, but not that particular jacket as it fits you).

WRT the pants, I agree with you that those look like they fit great. They have a little more room in the knee/lower leg than some people prefer in the threads, so that may be what bruschetta was referring to, but I personally like how they look.

Comment

I like the chinos MJS what's the cut or line from LE?

Comment

Shirt - Frank and Oak
        Pants - Bonobos
        Sweater - BR (I messed it up a bit by washing it instead of dry cleaning)
        Shoes - AE McTavish
        Watch - Omega
        I don't normally like black/white/red as a combo, but you've really made it work here with the neutral additions of the all-steel watch and taupe/grey pants.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          WRT the pants, I agree with you that those look like they fit great. They have a little more room in the knee/lower leg than some people prefer in the threads, so that may be what bruschetta was referring to, but I personally like how they look.
          I see. I like straight fit pants (jeans, chinos, whatever) since I don't feel comfortable in slim fit pants. I think the slimmest I have is a pair of BR Emerson pants but don't like them as much as their Gavin fit which is a straighter cut.

Also, I think the slim fit stuff is a bit of a trend right now and when it switches back to something else, I'd prefer not to have to replace my wardrobe. I think the straight fit will stand the test of time better. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion on the subject.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          I don't normally like black/white/red as a combo, but you've really made it work here with the neutral additions of the all-steel watch and taupe/grey pants.
          Thanks Ben. I always like to insert some color somewhere when I can.

Comment

Sweater shirt lec
            Jacket jcp
            514s
            Clarks

Comment

Originally posted by tteason View Post
              I like the chinos MJS what's the cut or line from LE?
              I will double check tonight when i get home, but I'm pretty sure they were discontinued because i got them right before LEC moved to their 628 and 608 chino fits.

Comment

Todays outfit:

Shirt - J.Crew
                Sweater - J.Crew Factory
                Cords - Frank & Oak Cords
                Boots - Thorogood Moc Toe

Comment

Hopefully you're talking about the pic with the BR jacket and not the Kensington jacket.

As far as the pants needing tailoring . . . I don't understand what I would have tailored. Here's a pic of the pants from different angles. They are the perfect length on me. What specifically would you request a tailor to do on these?
                  Vicious49, The pants look fine in these pictures. I retract my suggestion. They looked formless in the first picture. The BR jacket was highly unattractive.

Comment

I just got this suit back from the tailor in time to wear it for a scholarship thing at school earlier today:

Suit: SuitSupply
                    Tie: JCrew
                    Shirt: Alfani Red (Macys)
                    Shoes: DSW Mercanti Fiorentini

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      You can resize photos after upload on Photobucket....
                      Well I'll be... Those options weren't there the last time I logged into photobucket years ago. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                        Well I'll be... Those options weren't there the last time I logged into photobucket years ago. Good to know.
                        The odd thing is I resized my photos and they didn't seem to get affected on here

TEST:
                        Last edited by shad0w4life; January 12, 2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I like that vest because the color and pattern don't really stand out. It let's the piece be a show by itself whereas I feel fashion forward pieces with bold patterns or colors seem like something I don't have the swag to wear.

Comment

@ Vicious, that's my favorite look of yours so far.

@ Jake, nice fit on the jacket. I dig that sweater under it.

@ mjs, you pull off things I don't think I could. Well done.

@Pitt, the photo is dark but the suit looks pretty good
                            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@Mjs2103: that sweater is great! I saw something like that on sale at JCrew a few weeks ago and my wife waved me off of it. Now I don't think I should have listened!

@Pitt_10: looks very good! A simple white pocket square would be a nice addition as well, I think.

Comment

@Shomas and @Greg thanks fellas, and yeah I actually went to target today and picked up a pack of the Merona handkerchiefs to use as pocket squares haha

Comment

Working...
                                X