Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@vicious I think it looks pretty good obviously I'd say button the top blazer button and fit will shine more but I do like the watch alot

So I had an internship interview today so here I am al dressed up like a big boy lol

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps563b997a.jpg
    http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3985f003.jpg
    http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3b7a36ad.jpg

suit: Hugo Boss
    tie: hermes (gift)
    shoes: TBNY
    Last edited by s_crane; January 9, 2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I like the orange with the khaki blazer. I say keep wearing it and go as bold as you're comfortable with under it.

Comment

@ Vicious - I think that jacket looks great on you. The sleeves are just a hair long, but nothing I would bother tailoring. Otherwise the fit is great for OTR.

One tip is to keep the top button of the jacket buttoned for the best silhouette.
        Ben

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll have to find a better ensemble to work my 1Ks into it seems.

@tteason: Simple and clean look. The fit is great.
          @vicious: The color pallete is great in your fit. I feel the waist could be brought in a bit but it's hard to tell with it unbuttoned.
          @s_crane: Not bad! Could just be the close up, but I think a smaller knot would look better.

My posture's making the blazer look like it's flaring out at the end. And lighting making shoes look lighter than they should be

Comment

Foodie I'm not sure about the white for a pocket square choice on that jacket; Not sure if it's to do with the white collar on blue shirt or what but it instantly took my attention away from anything else. Otherwise as always looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              Foodie I'm not sure about the white for a pocket square choice on that jacket; Not sure if it's to do with the white collar on blue shirt or what but it instantly took my attention away from anything else. Otherwise as always looks good.
              Appreciate the honest critique. What color would you recommend instead? Or would a plaid blazer be better served without a pocket square?

Comment

I liked the pocket square but it does draw your attention immediately to it.

Comment

Foodie, I immediately thought of this TED talk when I saw the bow of your shoelace.

http://www.ted.com/talks/terry_moore...our_shoes.html

Comment

@ Foodie - I think you could probably skip the PS altogether. Between the pattern of the jacket and the layered sweater, I think you've got plenty of visual interest without it.
                    Ben

Comment

Foodie - I'm really likening that look. I like the pattern that the jacket provides compared with everything else in the outfit being solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        Appreciate the honest critique. What color would you recommend instead? Or would a plaid blazer be better served without a pocket square?

You know I'm not sure, I actually ordered a whole bunch of cheap PS's off ebay in various colours and just pop them in to see what works and then will get cotton ones as I decide what works
                        I'm thinking none would be safe for sure, but maybe a slightly brighter shade of blue than the darkest on jacket or grey/charcoal, possibly a blue pastel.
                        Last edited by shad0w4life; January 10, 2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                          Shad0w4life, I disagree. I think the white pocket square looks fine. That being said, I would have liked the outfit better if Acoustic had elected to skip the pocket square entirely; it was not needed.

Comment

@foodie I'm also finding the PS kind of distracting otherwise I love the jacket and sweater color combo.

Comment

@AcousticFoodie
                              Count me among those who thinks the white square was a good choice. I mean, a white square is the safest choice there is and I like how it goes with the contrasting white collar and cuffs.

Comment

@ foodie I dont think the PS looks bad with the white collar and I think its something noone in the "real world" would see and think your outfit is ruined. Ive never really expiremented with them, mostly because I still need to get used to wearing a blazer in general.

Went to do some thrifting today but didn't find anything worth while. Just my usual ultra casual look like always

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85ff8e48.jpg
                                shirt: thrifted
                                pants: bonobos travel jeans
                                shoes: vans vault

Comment

Working...
                                X