X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@BenR: Nice casual fit!

Comment

Really like the fit and the color combination! Was just wondering what brand is ON exactly? and I couldn't find brushetta either but I have a similar shirt like yours, want to try out the look sometime!

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
      Surprisingly warm today:

Shirt by Brushetta: $5
      ON pants: $15
      Frye Wingtips: $110

WIWT Total: $130
      Last edited by Jack Lin; January 6, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Lin View Post
        Really like the fit and the color combination! Is this part of your thrift store outfit project? Also, what brand is ON exactly? and I couldn't find brushetta either but I have a similar shirt like yours, want to try out the look sometime!
        Thanks Jack! I don't necessarily have a thrift outfit project, just trying to keep costs to a minimum. Your reply made me realize I should specify how I get certain pieces in the future tho; my apologies.

ON stands for old navy. The black cords there were 15 dollars during the holiday clearance sale last year in store. And the shirt is actually a Banana republic shirt I got from Brushetta, one of the other moderators. The Frye Wingtips were with a 35% or 40% promo code from piperlime. Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Haha, mine shirt is from BR also, but with black buttons and none on the chest pockets. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Same sweater, different day, still casual.

I guess I'll do the price thing, too (if I can remember the prices...).

Target sweater - $10
            Tommy Hilfiger shirt - $20 via Rack
            LEC cords - $12?
            Converse All-Stars - $35
            Hamilton pilot watch - ...a lot.

$77 total

The last outfit I wore (with the cargo pants) was $10 sweater, $9 pants, $20 belt buckle, $130 boots.
            I've seen a lot of your looks on here. I'd say you definitely nailed it with this one. The fit, colours, fabrics. All very good. If I were to tweak just one thing I'd would have gone with just a plain grey casual/dress shirt underneath. If you wanted to stick with gingham, maybe a blue instead of purple. All very nitpicky though.
            Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by aj87 View Post
              nice look, especially the jacket. where's it from?
              Jacket is from GAP. It was the only one there and it was discounted to like $50. I just looked on their website but it isn't there.

Originally posted by cm View Post
              What strap is that on the seiko?
              The watch strap is the Button-Stud Strap (Shell Cordovan -Natural) from Form-Function-Form that has been mentioned on Dappered before. I really love this watch strap and have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://formfunctionform.com/shop/but...band-cordovan/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Lin View Post
                I couldn't find brushetta either
                You've found him, Jack! Let me know if you have any questions.

Acoustic, I really like that outfit. It's simple, everything fits, and the color pairing is excellent.

BenR, I don't think that purple works with the other colors in the outfit. Other than that, the outfit's great! Is that the watch that you're selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
                  If you wanted to stick with gingham, maybe a blue instead of purple.
                  Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                  BenR, I don't think that purple works with the other colors in the outfit. Other than that, the outfit's great! Is that the watch that you're selling?
                  Thanks for the comments, guys. The shirt isn't perfect with the sweater (my shirt selection is fairly limited at the moment), but it actually works better than the photo might show... the gingham is navy and purple, not just purple.

This isn't the Hamilton I'm selling, but it is part of the reason I'm selling my other Hamilton. Gotta clear out space in the watch box (and recoup my buying costs).

Ben

Comment

@BenR, is that the 38mm version or the 42mm?

Comment

Originally posted by james2 View Post
                      @BenR, is that the 38mm version or the 42mm?
                      38mm. Perfect for my tiny wrists. It wears bigger, which works really well for the pilot style.
                      Ben

Comment

I haven't posted in a while. I'll try to keep up with you guys this week in terms of posting outfits, but no promises.

Comment

I realize now by looking at the way the pants happened to be wrinkled in that pic and the way the light is hitting it that I'm giving you some weird sort of crotch shot. Oops.

Pretty much the whole outfit is BR - shirt, sweater, pants, socks.
                          Watch - Christopher Ward
                          Shoes - AE Strands (BB edition that I got during a sale for $150 from the outlet. There's a slight nick on the tip of the right shoe but I decided to keep it anyways)
                          Last edited by Vicious49; January 7, 2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Bonobos shirt USA $24 via stacking deals
                            Gap Sweater $25 regular store sale
                            LEC jeans $12 site promo
                            Wolverine 1000 mile boots $159 via black friday

Comment

@ Bruschetta - Is that a jacket/overcoat or a cardigan/jacket?

@ Vicious - I like that watch and the sock/shoe combo.

Here's my fairly unfashionable WIWT:

Carhartt chambray shirt - $30
                              Target sweater - $10
                              Carhartt vest - $50
                              Target cargo pants - $9
                              Schnee's pac boots - $70
                              Stormy Kromer cap - $20
                              Random leather gloves - $7
                              Remington 11-87 20ga. shotgun - priceless
                              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 7, 2013, 06:05 PM.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                @ Bruschetta - Is that a jacket/overcoat or a cardigan/jacket?
                                BenR, it's a charcoal overcoat over a medium grey suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X