Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color me intrigued on the Kent Wang polo...

Comment

Hey all. I've been a lurker for a while and have been making the conscious effort to upgrade my casual look over the past few months. Out yesterday for a mid-week brunch and wine tasting with the girl. Pardon the chopped feet; she's a whole foot shorter than I am and had to aim up to fit my mug.

Frank & Oak
      Nordstroms
      Levis 514

Comment

@Jryan: polo looks good
        @EricF: Good use of varying shades of blue

Comment

Originally posted by mjs2103 View Post
          Friday work

nice look, especially the jacket. where's it from?

Comment

What strap is that on the seiko?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
              @jryan, the polo looks good! I've got my eye on one of them myself, but it'll have to wait until I've picked up a few things ahead of it in the line. With those penny loafers, have you had an issue with water seeping in the bottom? I found that I couldn't wear mine if the ground was even slightly wet.
              Thank you! Did you get the $150 Kent Wang store credit for $80 a few weeks back? I haven't experienced that with my penny loafers. I have no complaints about them, really.

Comment

Inspired by the denim jacket thread.

Levis jacket
                Target flannel
                Nordstrom tie
                Lec cords

I'm going out with the wife. I'll throw on some rw beckmans

Comment

@kbrown: Nice! The RW beckmans must look great with it.

Pretty much same color palette as before:

Homemade beanie fron random street vendor: $20
                  KC Shawl Cardigan: $8
                  Target Henley: $15
                  ON pants: $15
                  JC Suede wingtips: $15

WIWT spenditure: $73

Comment

@vicious - it's a bulova marine star
                    @acoustic - didn't realize you were an character in South Park

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                      Well, that's not the creepiest thing I've seen all day.

Ya faceless freak.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Well, that's not the creepiest thing I've seen all day.

Ya faceless freak.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan View Post
                          Thank you! Did you get the $150 Kent Wang store credit for $80 a few weeks back?
                          I didn't. I would have liked to, but things get a little tight around The holidays.... I don't mind waiting until the weather gets a little more conducive to polo-wearing, though.

@Kbrown, looks good! I'm glad to see the denim jacket get a little more love around here!

Comment

Acoustics face made me do a triple take.

Posting more for thoughts on the jacket than a WIWT. I just picked up from BR factory and trying to decide if I should keep it. It's more of a lighter jacket so I'll to wait until Spring to wear it. I normally wouldn't have picked it up, but my wife liked the pattern on it. The sleeves are definitely long. I rolled the cuff up on the 1 arm to show what that looks like. It fits much better that way IMO.

Sweater - BR - $20
                            Corduroys - JCrew Factory - $21
                            Jacket - BR Factory - $50 (minus $20 in BR certificates I had so $30 out of pocket)

I did the acousticfoodie thing with the prices there. Of course I left off the Alden Cascades I'm wearing that cost $200.
                            Last edited by Vicious49; January 6, 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Sweater - BR - $20
                              Corduroys - JCrew Factory - $21
                              Jacket - BR Factory - $50 (minus $20 in BR certificates I had so $30 out of pocket)

I did the acousticfoodie thing with the prices there. Of course I left off the Alden Cascades I'm wearing that cost $200.
                              Nice! I appreciate it! I think it's important since one of the hurdles that I often hear when people try to improve is that it's too expensive. Especially when people look at a magazine like GQ and see shirts costing 200 dollars. As long as people learn how to time sales, use groupons and etc things can be kept budget friendly.

As far as the jacket, The glen plaid looks really great as a pattern and it would be killer in a blazer. In a field/barn jacket tho I'm not too sure and would prefer it in a more classic solid color like tan/brown/green/navy. For the 30 dollars you spent on it it could be something worth experimenting with tho.

Comment

Same sweater, different day, still casual.

I guess I'll do the price thing, too (if I can remember the prices...).

Target sweater - $10
                                Tommy Hilfiger shirt - $20 via Rack
                                LEC cords - $12?
                                Converse All-Stars - $35
                                Hamilton pilot watch - ...a lot.

$77 total

The last outfit I wore (with the cargo pants) was $10 sweater, $9 pants, $20 belt buckle, $130 boots.
                                Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 6, 2013, 05:27 PM.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X