Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of my attempt to spiff up this pair of Clark's "Erixon Chance" oxfords (somewhat forced to buy after not getting a full refund for my desert boots and having to choose from their slim pickings in the store) with some blue Allen Edmonds laces? Again, I'm not a big fan of the shoes but they're what I have so I'm trying to make them work as best I can. Also, I know the Levi's 501s are a bit too baggy around my ankles (514s in the future) and the socks are too big (I always get that annoying bunching above the ankle with OTR socks) but I'd love to hear any feedback otherwise. Up top I'm wearing a LEC Rugged Twill Workshirt in blue/red plaid. If there's anything I've learned from this Clark's debacle (desert boots uncomfortable, nothing else they have looks good), it's that I'll never set foot in one of their stores again.

Comment

I think those "oxfords" look ok as a casual shoe. You can't really tell they aren't the desert boots when your pant leg covers them.

Going casual today... every day is casual when you're on winter break and visiting your family with one small suitcase. Wearing some of my recent pickups from Target.

Target sweater and cargo pants, Montana Silversmiths belt buckle, Chippewa boots, Hamilton watch.
      Ben

Comment

@Vicious - Nails. Any more details on the sweater? Is this just the merino? Also, seeing those McTavish's make me truly regret purchasing the Elgin's in saddle this past year. They're great, just so similar to my Strands, whereas these would have filled a different hole. Well done.

@BenR - I've never seriously considered the slim cargos, but you're pulling them off. They look like they cost much more than I'm sure they did, and not at all like they came from Target.
        Last edited by jeff4; January 3, 2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. I never seriously considered slim cargos either, and I scoffed to myself when I saw them on the Target clearance rack. But then I saw the $9 price tag, tried them on, and now here I am.
          Ben

Comment

Jeff - Thanks. That's the slim merino wool sweater from JCF. I think I paid about $34 for it. I love the McTavish. It's just casual enough for me to wear with chinos or jeans. It's really my only pair of black shoes for non-suiting needs.

Comment

@Brushetta: Ha! If only!
              @Matt: I think they look great!
              @BenR: If JCP is built for Jake101 Target clothing is built for you! Great fit

Just continuing my personal challenge. I only have a few thrifted items and this is a rare all thrift fit for me but I'm interested in seeing just how far one can take an ultra low budget in clothing whether its from thrift, timing sales or a combination of both

Navy Gap Jacket: $5
              H&M Shirt: $2.50
              Jcrew Chinos: $4
              Knit Tie: $2
              Allen Edmonds Sanford: $3.50
              Burberry Scarf: $2

Total WIWT: $19
              Last edited by Acousticfoodie; January 3, 2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Not cold enough out today to bother layering.

Shirt - BR (their sleeves are always a bit long on me and it's not as slim as i'd like around the midsection but not worth it for me to bother tailoring)
                Pants - JCrew Factory
                Belt - JCF (it's dark brown even though it looks black in the pic)
                Shoes - AE Cascades
                Last edited by Vicious49; January 3, 2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Tried out my new jacket with the outfit when I went out to run errands. The same jacket Bruschetta didn't seem fond of, but I kinda like it.

Jacket - Who.A.U. (never heard of the place until I visited NYC but supposedly it's a korean owned company that is trying to be a Hollister rip off. the jacket was the only thing I liked in the entire place)

Comment

@Vicious: Those cascades look pretty nice! Not matching shoes to belt tho? The Jacket looks good on you.

Comment

@Vicious - Jacket complements outfit nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        @Vicious: Those cascades look pretty nice! Not matching shoes to belt tho? The Jacket looks good on you.
                        It's a dark brown belt. It looks lighter in sunlight than the indoor pics I post. 1 thing I do right is never mix black/brown when it comes to belt and shoes although I probably should have gone with a lighter brown. I work from home though so noone really sees any of my outfits except when I go out to get my lunch.

The cascades are super comfy. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering some comfortable winter shoes.
                        Last edited by Vicious49; January 3, 2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

@ Vicious - I like that jacket a lot actually. I wish I could find something similar in a low-shine cotton or wool blend.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            @ Vicious - I like that jacket a lot actually. I wish I could find something similar in a low-shine cotton or wool blend.
                            Thanks. It's good for a day where it's not too cold. It's 40 out today with no wind and it was perfect for that weather. It normally runs $70 and they were having a 50% sale that day so it cost me $35. Here's a pic of it from the back. I like the brown detail on the collar but wished they had extended that same brown detail to the fake elbow patches. The flash makes it look really shiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Shirt - BR (their sleeves are always a bit long on me and it's not as slim as i'd like around the midsection but not worth it for me to bother tailoring)
                              The shirt seems big essentially everywhere but the chest. You might want to try sizing down, that's what I do for BR.

Really dig the coat with that look as well.

Comment

@Vicious, the shirt and pants could use some work. The shirt is baggy and sleeves appear too long. The pants look as though they could use a slim and a hem. I enjoy the jacket.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X