Going about doing chores.

Levi Denim Jacket - ? (Gift)
      Converse Henley - $2.50
      BR chinos - $2
      Scarf unknown - $2
      Allen Edmonds Cordovon Macneils - $8

WIWT total $14.50

Comment

New years Eve. Not many other opportunities to wear a burgundy velvet blazer.

Comment

@mjs - I'm not sure what others will say, but I love the red velvet jacket! It's perfect for wintry parties.

Comment

@acoustic - looking good. You're embarrassing us with those prices! I spent more on my pants then you did on everything

@mjs - are you kidding? That jacket is awesome! Wear it to get coffee. Lol - and I have those socks, diggin it

( lol I didn't have an opportunity to wear a dinner jacket NYE- went to phish at MSG - any other phish heads here?)
            Last edited by Jake101; January 2, 2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

love the jacket. Of course, when I posted the exact same outfit, people bashed me for it. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                @Jake: Nice overall fit and the shark socks really complete it!

For the New Year I figured it would be interesting to look at how much money is spent on a fit considering this is an affordable men's clothing forum.

Guess Jacket: $7
                "NICE" Henley Sweater: $2.50
                LEC Jeans: $12
                Scarf: $2
                Ben Sherman Chukkas: $3.50

WIWT: $27
                Mind sharing how you were able to get the items at such low prices?

Comment

methinks them thriftin' prices.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
                    love the jacket. Of course, when I posted the exact same outfit, people bashed me for it. Go figure.
                    Do you have a pic of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Corey Bennett View Post
                      As Jake says, they are just some items I picked while I was thrifting with the exception of the LEC jeans which were actually 12 dollars brand new once: http://dappered.com/2011/07/lands-en...a-20-off-sale/

Comment

Lookin good gents!
                        I don't know how you gents where sweaters under sport coats, I sweat like a beast wearing just one.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaNY View Post
                          Lookin good gents!
                          I don't know how you gents where sweaters under sport coats, I sweat like a beast wearing just one.
                          JoshuaNY, The weather here is 40-60 degrees year-round. It never reaches a warm temperature.

Originally posted by Corey Bennett View Post
                          Acousticfoodie is an eccentric billionaire who owns multiple men's clothing retail chains. Also, he frequents thrift stores.

Comment

Lookin good gents!
                            Agreed... I have a hard time layering under a jacket. Even when it's -20 outside, it's still 70 degrees (or warmer) indoors and I overheat very quickly.
                            Ben

Comment

Lookin good gents!
                              Having lived in Texas my whole life, I'm more accustomed to being warm than cold. Perhaps I just don't over heat as easilly as others do. They also seem to keep my office pretty cold. I wear sweaters (or at least sweater vests) under sport coats through most of the winter. When it's 40 degres outside, it's not uncommon for me to be wearing 5 layers on top.

Comment

I wear sweaters under sportcoats in the coller months, but I rarely keep the jacket on inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X