Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jake Digging the shawl collar. My Target took ages to get them, tried one on and liked it and now Hukkster tells me they went on sale today (http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...shawl%20collar). Tempttinnnggg. Which color to go and get?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      @Jake Digging the shawl collar. My Target took ages to get them, tried one on and liked it and now Hukkster tells me they went on sale today (http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...shawl%20collar). Tempttinnnggg. Which color to go and get?
      Thanks for the heads up Tim. @Jake: Did you size up or down for the cardigan? What is your chest and waist?

Comment

I'm a pretty exact 40r With a muscular build, the M fits me pretty perfectly well little tight in the arms but good

Comment

@jake101: Love it! Is that the 100% wool or the wool/poly blend gray Thompson?

Comment

@Jake: Thanks for the target 411. Like the color combinations in your thompson pic, does your suit feel tight tho? It could just be the angle and the way you are holding the phone but the lapels are bending very sharp as if the suit is too tight around the chest.

Downing my coffee while taking the WIWT.

Shirt JCF
            Pants Bonobos
            Scarf Thrifted
            Blazer: JC
            Shoes: AE kenilworth black

Comment

There's been some discussion lately about denim jackets. I've been wearing mine as a layer and liking that move. For example, here's what I wore into the office on this cold sunday (yeah, it stinks to have to work today, but after a week and a half of vacation, thems the breaks). I've included a few different views to show how my trucker jacket looks in various stages of bundled-up-edness (to invent a word).

Jacket and pants: Levis
              Shirt: LEC
              Coat: surplus
              Hat: Stetson
              Boots: Red Wing

Comment

Nice fits Shomas, I ordered a Levi's trucker jacket on black friday andthe sleeves are a little loose, but I may just not get them altered and try layering kinda like you did there

Comment

& acoustic actually just feels perfect the issue is that I sized down recently from a 42, and I actually have a very large chest, it doesn't feel tight at all. The truth is the lapel roll is pretty sharp though

@shomas digging the beard lol

Jacket is stafford
                  Shirt and pants lec
                  Vneck merona

Comment

@Shomas: Great use of the trucker jacket.
                    @Jake: Wow that JCP jacket fits you so well OTR as well. You must save so much money from not needing to tailor anything

Blazer: Kensington
                    Sweater: BR
                    Shirt: LEC
                    Jeans: LEC
                    Shoes: JM loafers
                    Last edited by Acousticfoodie; December 31, 2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I really do, although I do have to taper pants quite often, (thin thighs in comparison to how thick my calves need to be )

Comment

Not sure why the jacket looks brown this picture, but I assure you it's the grey JCP

Jacket and pants jcp
                        Shirt and sweater lec
                        Shoes bass
                        Shark socks! Merona

Comment

@Jake, looking good. I like the simple-but-fits-well vibe. A pocket square would also look great, particularly something in a subtle check.

Comment

You're probably right... I could do psq's but in the social environment I'm in it just feels so contrived

Comment

@Jake: Nice overall fit and the shark socks really complete it!

For the New Year I figured it would be interesting to look at how much money is spent on a fit considering this is an affordable men's clothing forum.

Guess Jacket: $7
                              "NICE" Henley Sweater: $2.50
                              LEC Jeans: $12
                              Scarf: $2
                              Ben Sherman Chukkas: $3.50

WIWT: $27
                              Last edited by Acousticfoodie; January 1, 2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

On New Years Eve.

Shirt - JCrew Factory
                                Sweater - JCrew Factory
                                Pants - Bonobos
                                Shoes - AE McTavish

Comment

Working...
                                X