This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tdig - thanks!
    @alan - I ended up getting at the lowest possible price when Rugby was selling it in the Spring - I think under $200 total. Breaking the suit up is great if you want bold pants and a sweater/OCBD combo or the blazer with a cardigan/OCBD and jeans. Yes, all of my friends enjoy providing commentary to my face. In fact, this picture came as a result of one seeing the suit and finding it so ridiculous he had to send a picture to his buddies in another state.

Comment

@ryan: Well if you can't have fun with it, what's the point? :-) Actually, I would be curious to see how the jacket would look with a pair of navy trousers or khaki pants. I'm wondering if it's the pants that send it over the top.

... meanwhile, Bonobos is looking at it and saying "Why didn't we think of that?"

Comment

Next time I wear it separate, I'll be sure to post a picture.

Comment

ryan, Where do you wear the suit? The square toe shoes are highly unattractive.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
            Is this one where we say: "offered without comment"?

Actually I think it would look pretty good as separates.

Comment

@bruschetta - I hate square toe shoes. These were slightly more rounded than they appear but I have since sold them on eBay to upgrade to a pair of rounded AE's. There are all sorts of places to wear this - the office, church, etc.
              @acoustic - absolutely hilarious!!

Comment

Perhaps today's ensemble is a bit more palatable vs. the above from 8 months ago.

Suit: Suit Supply
                Shirt: Blank Label
                Tie: Express
                Tie bar: Rugby
                Lapel: Vanda Fine
                Pocket square: Tie Bar

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  Is this one where we say: "offered without comment"?

Suit: Rugby
                  Shirt: Uniqlo OCBD
                  Tie: red knit Tie Bar
                  Tie bar: Tie Bar
                  Pocket square: white cotton Tie Bar
                  Shoes: To Boot New York Black Double Monks
                  If you lose the red tie for a really cheesy one you'd have a Halloween costume that everyone in Canada would recognize.

Comment

Holiday party pics. First party is more dressy, second is casual, but I NEED to wear these pants.
                    Everything is thrifted, ebayed, etsyed or highly discounted except the Ratio shirt.

And I know the sleeves are a touch long, but laziness/deadlines make shortening not an option before this weekend.

You know that thing where your mom is always after you to clean your room and then you get married and your wife doesn't harp on you and suddenly your messy room is a messy house .... yeah.

Comment

I've been outdone by @jonATL. Those pants... and they are so wide...

Comment

@Jon: The plaid navy blazer is sweet. I also wouldn't mind some holiday pants like that as well.

All this holiday plaid and windowpane...feels like I don't belong!

Comment

@jonATL: I have a pair of pants like that... except they're flannel and commonly referred to as "pajamas". :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

J.Crew jacket
                            Tommy Hilfiger shirt
                            Thrifted tie
                            Macy's tie bar
                            MT Silversmiths belt
                            J.Crew USF chinos
                            Not shown:
                            Chippewa boots
                            Ball watch
                            What J. Crew jacket is that? I really like it

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                              What J. Crew jacket is that? I really like it
                              It's last year's harvest herringbone in "navy" (though it's more like a charcoal grey with a tiny bit of blue mixed in).

P.S. Am I the only one who can't see an image in Ryan's post?
                              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 20, 2012, 10:08 PM.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                It's last year's harvest herringbone in "navy" (though it's more like a charcoal grey with a tiny bit of blue mixed in).

P.S. Am I the only one who can't see an image in Ryan's post?
                                I had to turn off my ad blocker in Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                                X