Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of nice casual looks in here, thought I would throw my hat into the ring on my well deserved day off (worked 12 of the last 13 days :/)

shawl cardigan: H&M (its from some partnered design line. First time I had ever seen it in a store, scooped it up immediately. Strangely I had to size down to a small)
    shirt: H&M basic vneck tee
    pants: Bonobos London travel jeans
    not pictured: Red Wing iron rangers in amber saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
      Lots of nice casual looks in here, thought I would throw my hat into the ring on my well deserved day off (worked 12 of the last 13 days :/)

shawl cardigan: H&M (its from some partnered design line. First time I had ever seen it in a store, scooped it up immediately. Strangely I had to size down to a small)
      shirt: H&M basic vneck tee
      pants: Bonobos London travel jeans
      not pictured: Red Wing iron rangers in amber saddle.
      The small looks a little tight. Maybe exchange for a medium...
      42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Focuspants, I agree that the small is tight and a bit too short. However, I might just be inclined to keep it if I were you: it may stretch out after a day's wear.

Comment

The medium was too big. I would prefer a touch looser but its not to be found for me. I have a 42 inch chest, 34 waist, but also have big thighs. I have only found ones that fit my top but not my bottom, or the opposite. This was the closest I could get.

@Brushcetta, thats what I am hoping. ALL of my other H&M sweaters have stretched after wear. I hope this follows suit.

Its frustrating, I can get perfect fits with SC's and suits, which are MUCH harder for most people to find, yet sweaters are the bane of my existence lol.
          Focuspants
          Varsity Member
          Last edited by Focuspants; December 11, 2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

what's that jacket acoustic?

Comment

@Focuspants, tight fit notwithstanding, it is a cool looking sweater. I can see why you were drawn to it. Also, I'm sure those boots look great with the whole look.

Comment

Jacket: BR
                Shirt: LEC
                Pants: J Crew
                Sweater: Uniqlo
                Shoes: Grenson

The jacket is a few years old and I think the arms are a little long. It's just such a minor amount that it hasn't seemed worth doing. Then again, it bugs me a little every time I wear the thing, so maybe just biting the bullet will yield outsized rewards.

Comment

Looking good, Shomas. You look a lot happier than in that picture with the Target tweed coat. I'm with you on the sleeves -- I have a few jackets that need that. I haven't been able to get to it yet.
                  I like the pocket square; it looks good without a tie and with the casual-ish shirt. I'll try that out soon.

So, I had a gift card to Nordstrom, and it covered this camel topcoat. What do you all think? Keep it or no? Also, the belt: on or off?

Looks like the button's pulling; I think that's from the odd angle I'm holding my arm to take the pic. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Looking good, Shomas. You look a lot happier than in that picture with the Target tweed coat. I'm with you on the sleeves -- I have a few jackets that need that. I haven't been able to get to it yet.
                    I like the pocket square; it looks good without a tie and with the casual-ish shirt. I'll try that out soon.

So, I had a gift card to Nordstrom, and it covered this camel topcoat. What do you all think? Keep it or no? Also, the belt: on or off?

Looks like the button's pulling; I think that's from the odd angle I'm holding my arm to take the pic. Whatever.
                    I like the color, but it looks too wide/bulky and the hand warmer pockets are one detail too much.

Comment

@BB

I think the fit is flattering on you. The belt, at least the way you have it, draws the eye away from the taper, however... I like it better without, though I don't know what to do about the loops. The jetted pockets also add to the silhouette imo.

Comment

@BB: Evidently, wearing clothes I like elevates my mood!

I like the coat overall. I think I prefer it slightly with the belt, but only because I think it makes it look slightly less polished - more effortless than intentional. I'm guessing it also looks better when you are in motion.

Comment

@ BB I like it more with the belt but I also think if you were going to do no belt maybe have it fully buttoned?? idk about on coats like that but I think peacoats atleast always look better fully buttoned to help give that long and slim look. Have you experimented with with the collar popped up on it, again i think big collars look better up.

Comment

I just got into the office and I'm already regretting this outfit. First, I realize that the blue of the sweater and blue of the jeans are too close in color. I think I should reserve this sweater (BR extra-fine merino medium) for wearing with chinos and cords (which I am desperately in need of obtaining). Second, the forecast is for cool temps today but I'm STILL sweating since both the shirt (Ratio OCBD) and sweater are warm; should have at least worn a lighter-weight shirt underneath. What do you guys think of the fit of the sweater? When trying on in the store I thought it fit better than the large, which was just a slightly bit baggier. Now I'm a bit worried that it's too tight, although I don't think it highlights my stomach *that* much.

Comment

My WIWT, be gentle

Zara coat
                              Topman knit cardigan
                              Gap OCBD
                              Jeans from Primark (I know, I know...)
                              Grenson Sharps
                              Scarf from my grandpa

Comment

MattRicketts, that is by far the best outfit that you've posted. Cast off your self-doubt. Good work!

Matt Sasco, Not my style, but you're pulling it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X