Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of nice casual looks in here, thought I would throw my hat into the ring on my well deserved day off (worked 12 of the last 13 days :/)

shawl cardigan: H&M (its from some partnered design line. First time I had ever seen it in a store, scooped it up immediately. Strangely I had to size down to a small)
    shirt: H&M basic vneck tee
    pants: Bonobos London travel jeans
    not pictured: Red Wing iron rangers in amber saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
      Lots of nice casual looks in here, thought I would throw my hat into the ring on my well deserved day off (worked 12 of the last 13 days :/)

shawl cardigan: H&M (its from some partnered design line. First time I had ever seen it in a store, scooped it up immediately. Strangely I had to size down to a small)
      shirt: H&M basic vneck tee
      pants: Bonobos London travel jeans
      not pictured: Red Wing iron rangers in amber saddle.
      The small looks a little tight. Maybe exchange for a medium...
      42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Focuspants, I agree that the small is tight and a bit too short. However, I might just be inclined to keep it if I were you: it may stretch out after a day's wear.

Comment

The medium was too big. I would prefer a touch looser but its not to be found for me. I have a 42 inch chest, 34 waist, but also have big thighs. I have only found ones that fit my top but not my bottom, or the opposite. This was the closest I could get.

@Brushcetta, thats what I am hoping. ALL of my other H&M sweaters have stretched after wear. I hope this follows suit.

Its frustrating, I can get perfect fits with SC's and suits, which are MUCH harder for most people to find, yet sweaters are the bane of my existence lol.
          Last edited by Focuspants; December 11, 2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

what's that jacket acoustic?

Comment

@Focuspants, tight fit notwithstanding, it is a cool looking sweater. I can see why you were drawn to it. Also, I'm sure those boots look great with the whole look.

Comment

Jacket: BR
                Shirt: LEC
                Pants: J Crew
                Sweater: Uniqlo
                Shoes: Grenson

The jacket is a few years old and I think the arms are a little long. It's just such a minor amount that it hasn't seemed worth doing. Then again, it bugs me a little every time I wear the thing, so maybe just biting the bullet will yield outsized rewards.

Comment

Looking good, Shomas. You look a lot happier than in that picture with the Target tweed coat. I'm with you on the sleeves -- I have a few jackets that need that. I haven't been able to get to it yet.
                  I like the pocket square; it looks good without a tie and with the casual-ish shirt. I'll try that out soon.

So, I had a gift card to Nordstrom, and it covered this camel topcoat. What do you all think? Keep it or no? Also, the belt: on or off?

Looks like the button's pulling; I think that's from the odd angle I'm holding my arm to take the pic. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Looking good, Shomas. You look a lot happier than in that picture with the Target tweed coat. I'm with you on the sleeves -- I have a few jackets that need that. I haven't been able to get to it yet.
                    I like the pocket square; it looks good without a tie and with the casual-ish shirt. I'll try that out soon.

So, I had a gift card to Nordstrom, and it covered this camel topcoat. What do you all think? Keep it or no? Also, the belt: on or off?

Looks like the button's pulling; I think that's from the odd angle I'm holding my arm to take the pic. Whatever.
                    I like the color, but it looks too wide/bulky and the hand warmer pockets are one detail too much.

Comment

@BB

I think the fit is flattering on you. The belt, at least the way you have it, draws the eye away from the taper, however... I like it better without, though I don't know what to do about the loops. The jetted pockets also add to the silhouette imo.

Comment

@BB: Evidently, wearing clothes I like elevates my mood!

I like the coat overall. I think I prefer it slightly with the belt, but only because I think it makes it look slightly less polished - more effortless than intentional. I'm guessing it also looks better when you are in motion.

Comment

@ BB I like it more with the belt but I also think if you were going to do no belt maybe have it fully buttoned?? idk about on coats like that but I think peacoats atleast always look better fully buttoned to help give that long and slim look. Have you experimented with with the collar popped up on it, again i think big collars look better up.

Comment

I just got into the office and I'm already regretting this outfit. First, I realize that the blue of the sweater and blue of the jeans are too close in color. I think I should reserve this sweater (BR extra-fine merino medium) for wearing with chinos and cords (which I am desperately in need of obtaining). Second, the forecast is for cool temps today but I'm STILL sweating since both the shirt (Ratio OCBD) and sweater are warm; should have at least worn a lighter-weight shirt underneath. What do you guys think of the fit of the sweater? When trying on in the store I thought it fit better than the large, which was just a slightly bit baggier. Now I'm a bit worried that it's too tight, although I don't think it highlights my stomach *that* much.

Comment

My WIWT, be gentle

Zara coat
                              Topman knit cardigan
                              Gap OCBD
                              Jeans from Primark (I know, I know...)
                              Grenson Sharps
                              Scarf from my grandpa

Comment

MattRicketts, that is by far the best outfit that you've posted. Cast off your self-doubt. Good work!

Matt Sasco, Not my style, but you're pulling it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X