• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Furious, - big fan, looks great. particular the staffords with the jeans

Comment

WIWT

Sweater- Brown & Wright, TJ Max ($20)
      Shirt - JCP OCBD ($25) - I really wish they would restock these b/c it is a great shirt, the small fits me very well and its nice and soft.
      Pants - Merona Tailored ($25)
      Bag - Duluth Briefcase- Epic Vintage Score!!! ($15!!!)
      Boots - Frye Dakota (not made in USA)
      Watch - Skagen 858 XLS ($70 - amazon)

Happy Friday!
      I can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines.

Comment

Boots - Frye Dakota

How am I doing fellas? I'm still trying to get the hang of this, but great strides have been made thanks to this site.
        I can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines.

Comment

Blazer - Kensington
          Shirt - Express
          Tie - Lands End
          Watch - Skagen

Wore it with tan 501's.

Comment

BenR, Furious Styles, unspokenryan and ZacharyR -- all looking good, guys. Furious, I love the bold shirt with the muted tie and vest. Ryan, the sweater and boots are great, and I can't believe the vintage find for the briefcase. Zachary, I can't get the Kensington to fit right, but it looks much closer to a good fit on you. I like the look of that Land's End knit tie -- I have my TieBar knits which are great, but there really is a difference in how they look compared to other, slightly more expensive ties.

This jacket is my first good thrift find in a long time. Brooks Brothers glen plaid sport coat with light blue lines.
            Tie Bar tie
            Lands End OCBD
            J Crew cords
            Johnston & Murphy black bluchers (out of frame)

Whoops -- tie's a little short...

Comment

@zacharyR I like the look and the shirt pattern, thats one hell of a camera too

Comment

A quick question -- so, with a jacket like the one I've posted above, in which a very dark charcoal (perhaps some might even say black) houndstooth is prevalent, brown shoes would look odd, no? So would this be a reason to look for more casual black shoes -- say a black wingtip?

Comment

@BB
                  I like how houndstooth/dark charcoal looks with dark brown shoes. Given that houndstooth is a casual leaning pattern as well, I think dark brown shoes are the right call. Then again, I'm anti-black shoes save for the most formal of occasions.

Comment

Going out for bday tonight so I pre "bar" the dressed for some flash.
                    TM lewin navy&black stripe
                    Naked and Famous jeans(not sure why my legs look like short stumps, must be angle)
                    Blue with white dots CT tie
                    AE Players

Penguins with red bowtie cufflinks...Priceless!

Slowly not caring about tie looking uniform

Last edited by shad0w4life; December 7, 2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

@shad0w4life: My legs look the same way in WIWT pictures. That's why I stopped taking full-body shots. And to get back on topic, I like the shoe choice. I think the lighter-than-expected color provides some pop. However, if I'm being honest, I'm less a fan of the tie. It's a great tie by itself, but it's not my first choice in this get-up.

Comment

I agree, but said to heck with it, It's a bar and I need to get kid to dayhome and to work I need more ties honestly which is next on list. Curious what colour(s) & pattern you would have picked?

Comment

Truth be told, I would have a hard time pulling off that shirt, but I think it works for you. It's difficult to put a tie to it, though. The shirt is sleek so the tie should be simple. I can only think of what's in my own closet, but I have a black wool herringbone with small blue dots. It sounds busy, but the wool masks the herringbone. And in all fairness, the tie you chose is a simple one, too. It's just the color I'm not a fan of.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                            Truth be told, I would have a hard time pulling off that shirt, but I think it works for you. It's difficult to put a tie to it, though. The shirt is sleek so the tie should be simple. I can only think of what's in my own closet, but I have a black wool herringbone with small blue dots. It sounds busy, but the wool masks the herringbone. And in all fairness, the tie you chose is a simple one, too. It's just the color I'm not a fan of.
                            The tie is a really nice tie, but like Alan said, its not fitting, the pieces individually are great, but i think that shirts begs for a tie less collar. The sexiness of the shirts material is going to be too much for a tie. cant beleive i just said the sexiness of the shirt lmao...but yea.
                            "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                            I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                              A quick question -- so, with a jacket like the one I've posted above, in which a very dark charcoal (perhaps some might even say black) houndstooth is prevalent, brown shoes would look odd, no? So would this be a reason to look for more casual black shoes -- say a black wingtip?
                              BB, disclaimer (im anti black shoes). The black shoes could work but not really. I think the color of the houdstooth doesnt really mature becasue its neutral color. If it were say an earthy color SC and the teeth were a reddish/marron color, then brown would be your only consideration. Here you can wear what ever shoes you desire. Personally, i would wear light brown wings. I do think that SC deserves some slacks though as opposed to cords. The SC looks like a worsted (correct me if its not cause that is the only reason i am making this observation), and would likely look best with slacks in samee to similiar material. I dont think the cords work very well. The top however, is DYN O MITE!
                              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Next time, I'll wear navy wool slacks and brown wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X