• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops ^.
    - Unknown mock-neck zip-up
    - Mexx shirt
    - twill 511s
    - 80s Utex peacoat every day what with all the -15 weather we're having..

Comment

@Tim - great job pulling off those Bonobos pants. I had a very similar color from about three years ago, and I believe mine were called "Kentucky Fried Khaki." I couldn't figure out what to pair them with either.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
        @Tim - great job pulling off those Bonobos pants. I had a very similar color from about three years ago, and I believe mine were called "Kentucky Fried Khaki." I couldn't figure out what to pair them with either.
        Haha, so far all I've seemed to find is combinations of light and dark blue. Of which that is my only current one. Not good.

Comment

@ Lib - Really like the color palette in that outfit. Variations on blue and brown is basically my favorite combo ever. I'd probably leave the sweater zipped, though.
          Ben

Comment

Thanks! I always thought brown was a 'boring' (this coming from a guy with almost all blue and grey staples) colour but I'm starting to see how versatile it is. Makes me want a brown jacket.

It was zipped all day, I swear!

Comment

@Scrane: looking pretty good
              @Lib: Great fall colors. The lighter color of your pants and shirt really make your brown sweater stand out in a positive way.

Comment

@Lib - I also love that color palette. That closely approximates the look I'd like to pull off at work but so far I haven't had much success. Something about wearing tucked button-up shirts with chinos makes me look fat, not to mention overdressed for my workplace (it's so casual that wearing chinos has people asking, "Do you have a meeting today?")

Comment

First time with a pocket square. Am I doing it right? Not too sure.
                  Suit: Thrifted TH
                  Shirt: Calibrate black gingham
                  Tie: Knottery purple knit
                  Square: thrifted

Comment

@bb looks about right. As for me - I feel like my looks get repetitive, can't work with too much b/w school and work

Jacket - Kensington
                    Pants - jcp
                    Henley - h&m
                    Shoes - bass

Comment

@BB I can't put my finger on it but something about that pocket square with that outfit just doesnt look right to me.
                      My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                        @BB I can't put my finger on it but something about that pocket square with that outfit just doesnt look right to me.
                        I think it's the thickness of the colored edge (or at least the appearance of it from the pic angle). Also is that edge blue? I can't believe that suit if thrifted btw, it looks great.

@Jake I like the look with the blazer on, but with it off I think the henley ends up looking too small/short and like it's being stretched over you (at least in the last pic, it may not sit that way in person since I see some material bunched at the belt)
                        Last edited by Tim; December 5, 2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah lol it's actually a bit big. No matter, I switched to a green v-neck , it was colder then I thought today

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the feedback -- I felt weird about it too, so I took it out. Perhaps it was weird because it was silk? And the edge is pretty thick. The edge is in fact a dark grey... But it looks oddly blue in the picture. I'll try again with a linen or cotton square next time.

This suit is great (for a thrifted suit, of course) -- it's a bit big in the shoulders, as you can see, and the pants fit a bit oddly, but overall you can't beat a suit like this for the price. I've noticed that they have this at Macy's all the time, and at times it gets pretty low (like near $100). It's the Tommy Hilfiger slim grey sharkskin.

Comment

Jake, I think repetitive is good. That's what defines your style!

Comment

@BB
                                Really liking the black gingham with purple knit combo, but I think a white square may have worked best with your outfit maybe? A purple knit and black gingham are strong steps forward and the edge on the square doesn't suit them. I also think going sans tie would be a good look given the casual nature of gingham. Regardless, filing "black gingham+purple knit" in my looks to steal file.

Comment

Working...
                                X