Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd try something a little bit different since it was up to 70 today and then down to 50 when I left class. Not sure how well it came off.

Jacket: Target Odin
    Polo: Express Signature
    Pants: Bonobos I snagged on eBay for 33$. Not sure what to do with them, they're a bit lighter color than standard khaki chinos, more of a cream really. Seems to make it hard to pair up with both shirts and shoes.

Also if anyone is good at identifying Bonobos pants, I have no idea which these are. They aren't currently sold online, and have a pink/white striped liner, not a gingham/plaid like all the current ones seem to.

Comment

Tim, I like the colors a lot, and the fit looks good. I know nothing about Bonobos, so I can't help there.

Jake, please keep posting -- I like your look (though I do agree with Acoustic about that one shirt with the sweater). I'd definitely wear the LE Donegal with those pants, but I work in a place where casual-ish is ok.

I think the lighter shade of shoes wasn't a good idea -- dark brown would contrast much better, and it would link up with the tie.
      Jacket: thrifted Lauren RL Hopsack, mid-blue
      Sweater: thrifted Macy's brand cashmere blend
      Shirt: thrifted Michael Kors tattersall
      Tie: Tie Bar wool
      Pants: Hagar Life Khaki slim (Marshall's)
      Shoes: Elgins from the Great Beren Heist of 2012
      Last edited by BB; December 4, 2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

@Tim: Looks good. I think you're doing a fine job pairing those pants up. If you give Bonobos a call or send them an email, I'm certain they can help you out with the pants. Their customer service is pretty damn good and I don't think they'll hesitate to answer your question even if you bought them second hand.

@BB: Looking good as well. I'm really coming around on mixing blue and green.
        I have to say that every time I hear about Haggar pants, I'm reminded of the White House phone tape of Lyndon Johnson ordering custom pants from Joe Haggar, the proprietor of the company. He liked the room in "the crotch, down where your nuts hang." You can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNMo8kl7Ac (the best stuff - including audible belches - is after 3:30).

Comment

First time wearing red yesterday.

It feels... alright!

Comment

@Tim -- I bet those are pretty early run khakis from Bonobos. I have a pair of similar color from early on (I think they were called the Eisenhowers or something... a general's name... with a different liner (mine was a very colorful plaid)). I actually think they fit better than my newer pairs of Bonobos, for what its worth.

Comment

not sure how i feel about this look. - Had to keep it simple for a meeting i had today. (Jacket went on, then came off - too hot!)

shirt - LEC ( i have an over abundance of white oxfords from them)
              sweater - target
              jacket JCP
              pants - JCP
              DB - Clarks

Comment

@Tim: Nice casual look. The Odin Jacket from Target works well with what you have
                @BB: Nice use of the Elgins, usually see most people wearing those with jeans
                @Jake: Nice color palette! I think a pair of nice dark denims would have worked better than the navy chinos in this case with the DBs.

Blazer: Thrfit
                Shirt: Thrift
                Jeans: LEC

Comment

"@Jake: Nice color palette! I think a pair of nice dark denims would have worked better than the navy chinos in this case with the DBs. "

you're probably right. can't wear denim at work though.

In other news, i like that look. - what brand is the blazer?

Comment

@Jake: Not too sure, it doesn't really say. BTW as BB says, keep contributing I appreciate your frequent postings!
                    Last edited by Acousticfoodie; December 4, 2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Old pic - was having fun with patterns and trying to get into the weekday tie game

Comment

So I know its been a few days since posting but as much as I do like dressing nice sometimes the college kid comes out in my style as in the past few days of sweats, t-shirts and mockinsons lol. But to make up for that heres todays outfit and this is really my 1st time casually wearing a blazers just for the hell of it to class. I know the sleeves look a little short in the pics but when Im just wearing it they seam to fall ok

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0716.jpg
                        http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0715.jpg
                        http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0711.jpg

Shirt: Jcrew (I know a slight trend in one brand of clothing is coming out in my shirts)
                        jacket: Jcrew factory
                        jeans: citizens of humanity
                        shoes: cole hann

Comment

"...roundabout back to my bunghole." What an incredible tape. Whenever I wear these pants, I will forever be imagining LBJ's nuts hanging down. Hilarious -- thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Jake and SCrane, looks good (and actually very similar looks.) Jake, do you use a filter? It's hard to get a sense of colors.

Comment

I do, but for a number of reasons. basically wherever i want to take pictures the lighting is usally bad, and this one filter brightens it up.
                              I have the original on all these pictures - the colors are pretty much exactly the same, - brown gingham, purple tie.

Comment

Don't worry, my photos suck in general...

Comment

Working...
                                X