Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here is today's look for class, now this its cold here in Boston its peacoat time.
    http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0698.jpg
    http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0701.jpg

Shirt: jcrew gray gingham
    sweater: jcrew lambswool
    pants: bonobos
    coat: navy issue/ navy exchange

Comment

Been a little while since I posted here. Here's me today:

Bit of a funny angle on the photo... emphasizes my t-rex arms.

BR tweed jacket
      LEC OCBD
      Thrifted vest (no brand)
      MT Silversmiths buckle
      Levi's Signature jeans (the Target Levi's, before being rebranded to Denizen)
      Johnston & Murphy suede wingtips
      Ben

Comment

@BB: Thanks! As for the tie, It's thrifted so not too sure
        @Brushetta: Nice fit. I never use to work with browns greens and grays, but you and BB are making me think that color palette would be great to incorporate.
        @Dstep: I like the overall fit and style, I would replace the grey V neck would a brown V neck to create some contrast tho imo
        @BenR: Nice to see the return of the buckle! Great color, fit and layering
        @S_crane: Nice ankle boots. Could just be the lighting, but I feel a burgundy red sweater would fit better with that color scheme than a bright red.

Blazer: BR
        Vest: Thrift
        Shirt: Thrift
        Tie: JC
        Pants: JC (thompson pants)
        Shoes: Florsheim Cordovan leather Wingtips

Comment

@Acousticfoodie: It's a good thing you don't live near me. I would totally steal that sport coat. And the vest, for that matter. The tie is still safe.

Comment

Business school presentation today.

Suit: H&M
            Shirt: Express
            Tie: Kenneth Cole
            Tie Clip: Cool fish-shaped piece I picked up at an antiques store
            Pocket Square: Monogrammed square that belonged to my girlfriend's grandfather
            Belt: Perry Ellis
            Shoes: Brown AE Fifth Avenues

Comment

@BenR: Looking good as usual. I've been shying away from wearing my suede wingtips, thinking they would look out of place deep into fall. This makes me reconsider.

@AcousticFoodie: I like the tie. I have one myself, in fact. I haven't figured out how to wear it yet, but I will. If I have any criticism here, it'd be the size of the shirt collar against that tie. Maybe a bigger knot would help balance them better (double four in hand, perhaps?).

@Julio P: The suit looks like it fits pretty well. The cut of the jacket certainly suits your frame - no mean feat with an H&M suit. It's a little more shiny than I would personally prefer, unless it's just the lighting. Seems to me that for a presentation, you should maybe tone it down a little bit altogether. The shininess of the suit plus the purple shirt is a little aggressive.

Comment

Today's action:

Jacket: BR
                Sweater: J Crew
                Shirt: J Crew
                Pants: Land's End
                Shoes: Grenson

Edit: Well, dammit. I can't make this image work for some reason - I'll blame Imgur. Let's just all agree I must look smashing and move along. Edit 2: Success!
                Last edited by Shomas; November 30, 2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

@Acousticfoodie lookin good I love the jacket, I wish I was able to put together an outfit with so many different colors going on.

Comment

@Alan: lol well while ur busy stealing those I'll help myself to your collection of AEs!
                    @Julio: Overall fit seems pretty good, I echo Shomas' statements about the color being a bit aggressive for a presentation.
                    @Shomas: Yea I definitely should go with a bigger knot next time. Nice look, I see you've joined in on the white/green/gray/brown color palette that's been goin on!
                    @s_crane: Thanks! You definitely can with continued experimentation!

Comment

@Shomas, looks good, neat and simple, yet stands out

heres mine - (sorry about the filter, deleted the other one)

Suit - Tommy Hilfiger
                      Tie&TieBar - The Tiebar
                      Watch - Bulova
                      Shoes - AE strands
                      Shirt - CT
                      can't see the socks, but i assure you, they are happy.

Comment

@Jake: Cordovan strands?

Comment

@Acousticfoodie: the bandwagon-hopping was totally unintentional, but I see what you mean. Can't argue with inspiration!

Comment

@acoustic - nah, i wish, i think it's just the flash

Comment

sweater & pants - JCP
                              Shirt - Banana
                              shoes - Clarks

Comment

@Jake I've seen that sweater in stores and didn't think I'd like it, but I like that look. Maybe it's just the filters, but I like it. I do have those pants though, and they fit great. About the only pants I can find that are actually short enough for my teeny lil legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X