This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim, that looks good.

The jacket has too much shoulder padding, and it's a 3-button, but I liked the pattern enough to live with it. I might get it pressed to a 3-roll-2. What say you?

Jacket -- Michael (Michael Kors) from Burlington Coat, lambswool, $30
    Macy's brand sweater, thrifted
    Thrifted wool tie
    Target shirt
    J Crew Factory cords
    beater thrifted shoes

Comment

A hoodie
      A t-shirt
      Gap jeans
      Jack Purcells

After two days of working from home, I feel like my outfits may devolve from there.

Comment

@BB, I agree with your instinct to press the jacket into a 3/2 roll. It's certainly not bad as-is (and I don't think the shoulder padding is very noticeable, at least in this photo), but it would probably look better as a 3/2.

Comment

second Shomas' take on it. Still looks good though!

Comment

@BB looks nice, the blazer pattern looks great and $30 cant be beat. I also think the 3 roll 2 would look nice but I dont think it looks bad as is either

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

@Tim: Good color palette and overall fit
                @BB: 3 on 2 would look great. You've got a very good consistent look that is purely your own

Comment

Lets try again, without the white brick in front of my face.

Shirt- Frank and Oak
                  Sweater - H&M
                  Cardigan- LEC
                  Levis 514

Comment

might just be a personal pet peeve of mine but you might wanna tuck that collar button under your sweater neck
                    My cocktail videos >

Comment

dstepner - Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the sweater and cardigan are almost the same shade of gray. I'd mix it up if you're going to go knit on top of knit. Maybe a navy or burgundy.

Comment

BB, I considered wearing your exact "bruschetta with a twist" outfit, but I didn't want to be derivative.

On a nice -2┬░C day evening:

Forgive the picture quality. It's taken with my phone and there's no such thing as sunlight in Scotland at this time of year. I've decided that it's impossible to take a decent picture of your own pants.

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                        Tie: Brooks Brothers dark green with thin navy stripes.
                        Sweater: Uniqlo navy.
                        Coat: Banana Republic
                        Pants: Light Grey wool from Bonobos.
                        Shoes: Black McAllisters
                        Watch: Orient

Comment

@bruschetta: You sure have a lot of America clothes for someone living in Scotland. Just an observation. BTW, I really like the coat.

Comment

Alan, keep in mind that I was in the US until this past summer. I'm not planning on replacing my entire wardrobe with UK brands just yet!

Comment

Well that makes sense. I didn't know where you were before.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys. 3/2 it is. Acousticfoodie, I appreciate the compliment, but you've got a much more coherent style than I do! Love the tie, by the way -- who makes it?

Bruschetta, I love the pattern of the jacket and the color of that tie. I might just start doing the bruschetta sans twist.

Comment

Working...
                                X