Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shomas for the quick response! And for being relatively similarly sized to me; im about the same weight, inch shorter, same neck but longer arms and a solid 40R chest. Definitely think the medium will work for me then. You got the black cherry too, right? How do you like the color?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew4h View Post
      Thanks Shomas for the quick response! And for being relatively similarly sized to me; im about the same weight, inch shorter, same neck but longer arms and a solid 40R chest. Definitely think the medium will work for me then. You got the black cherry too, right? How do you like the color?
      The color is great! It's a little darker, a little more burgundy-ish, and a little less brown than it looks on the Schott website. I was a little concerned about it being too red and looking cartoonish or sort of loud, but it's neither. It's different (and I think more interesting) than your average brown or black leather jacket, but it's not at all garish. And the fit is really nice: high armholes, slim but not tight sleeves, close in the chest. It's pricey, no doubt, but so far it seems worth every penny.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Now just need to get all the funds together for it....

Comment

So this is my first time doing one of these WIWT things but here it is (I decided to actually wear nice stuff for monday classes including my 8am I'm proud of myself lol:

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0673.jpg
          http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCN0676.jpg

The shirt is Burberry brit
          jeans: citizens of humanity
          shoes: cole hann

any feedback or thought appreciated

Comment

Way to go! I still haven't posted a look here, but I should. The jeans look like they fit, the shoes are nice, I dislike shirt/rugby a ton. The fit isn't doing you any favors (too tight, IMO) for your body type, and the collar just looks limp. Needs a bit more contrast w/ the pants too. A lighter colored oxford or sport shirt would look much nicer IMO, while still being casual. You could dress up this same look with a simple tucked in dress shirt and a v-neck sweater (camel or gray would be nice contrast) or jacket. Depending on where you live, that v-neck can be merino or cotton, and look great.

Comment

If theres one thing that can ruin a polo its fully unbuttoned and spread eagle collar.
              My cocktail videos >

Comment

Yeah I tended to think the polo was too tight when I bought it but that seems to be the cut of brit. I see what you mean about the contrast, I just dont have any khaki's slim enough to wear with it since as you pointed out it is tight. and thanks tdig, I switched to buttoning up one more button, I was kinda wondering if having 2 of the buttons undone looked bad or like I was trying to show off the check too much.

Comment

Weird pose... that happens with a timer.

My title for this image is: "bruschetta with a twist"

LRL tweed coat (thrifted)
                  Macy's house brand green sweater (thrifted)
                  Target shirt
                  Thrifted cashmere tie
                  J Crew cords
                  Stafford wingtips

Comment

BB great Layering looks great... I like the green sweater since I never think to buy green like that

Comment

S_crane, if you button the collar and then put on a casual jacket (tweed, camel hair, etc.) or a shawl collar cardigan or something, that would look really good, I think.

Comment

@s_scrane: The polo looks a little tight in the midsection. I don't think leaving it fully unbuttoned is a good look since it makes the collar spread out too much. Alternatively you can invest in a pair of these: http://www.geekalerts.com/wurkin-stiffs-polo-stays/

Thanks for posting tho! It's always good to see new faces!

@BB: Very nice combination of fall colors.

Comment

Thanks for your guys advice, Ive been reading the blog and threads for while just starting to post now though... also what are your thoughts on the shoes since wearing real shoes to me is still a little foreign being in college and all?

Comment

S_Crane -- Depending on your location, I'd highly recommend a pair of boat shoes (although some people here dislike them, marking them as too preppy) and a pair of Clarks desert boots for college attire. Both are casual, relatively inexpensive (compared with dress shoes, etc.) and can go with pretty much anything. Also, unless you go crazy on the colors, you can wear them a ton and they won't look out of place or overused. Other than that, I imagine you couldn't go wrong with some classic sneakers such as a Chuck Taylor or similar looking shoe, if you want a step up from athletic shoes without going overboard.

Comment

Attempt #2 at WIWT. Grabbed a bunch of stuff over Thanksgiving break, gotta love having outlets in your hometown and a student ID for even more discounts.

Shirt: JCF Washed
                              Sweater: 7$ H&M doorbuster.
                              514's, not quite sure why my thighs look weird in them.
                              DB's are Perry Ellis my roommate gave me since he doesn't wear them now he has Clark's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                Attempt #2 at WIWT. Grabbed a bunch of stuff over Thanksgiving break, gotta love having outlets in your hometown and a student ID for even more discounts.
                                Shirt: JCF Washed
                                Sweater: 7$ H&M doorbuster.
                                514's, not quite sure why my thighs look weird in them.
                                DB's are Perry Ellis my roommate gave me since he doesn't wear them now he has Clark's.
                                That looks like something I would wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X