Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking very sharp Sdot! I really like the blue of that tie...

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Looking very sharp Sdot! I really like the blue of that tie...
      Thanks man. It's from JCF, got that one and the black knit one both for like $20 with the current sale (30% off, free ship).
      "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

@sdot
        Money look. Very Italian sort of aesthetic you've got there with the contrasting shades/textures of blue and soft shoulder coat. The pocket square mirroring the contrasting blues of the shirt and tie is quite well done.

May I ask where you got that blazer? Looking for something similar to fill a hole in my closet.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
          @sdot
          Money look. Very Italian sort of aesthetic you've got there with the contrasting shades/textures of blue and soft shoulder coat. The pocket square mirroring the contrasting blues of the shirt and tie is quite well done.

May I ask where you got that blazer? Looking for something similar to fill a hole in my closet.
          Thanks. I was kinda hesitant with the pocket square with that tie...but i said what the heck.

Got the SC from BR last year. It's the modern fit, had to get it tailored slightly. Doesn't fit as good OTR as the tailored fit.
          #StayDapper

Comment

Very nice SDot. That blue really pops. nice fit on the jacket also.

Comment

SDot you are pure class!

Comment

@Sdot, very nice. Definitely Tumblr #menswear material

Comment

@SDot I must say I am impressed. The pocket square is really nice.

Comment

Trying out a new combo with the L.E. Donegal tweed blazer that is becoming my go-to for the season. Still can't believe I got it for $125 and it fit perfectly out of the box. Even my exacting tailor said there were no alterations worth making.

Shirt: Uniqlo OCBD
                    Tie: The Tie Bar
                    Tie clip: The Tie Bar
                    Pocket square: Red bandana from Army/Navy store
                    Blazer: Land's End Donegal tweed in tailored fit
                    Pants: Tailored J. Crew 484 slim fit corduroys
                    Socks: Uniqlo
                    Shoes: Florsheim wingtips

Comment

@TomasR: Nice OTR fit, I see your are in the beginning stages of growing an epic beard as well!

Forgot to adjust shoulder sleeves before pic, but oh well:

Shirt: JC
                      Tie: Thrifted
                      Sweater: Thrifted
                      Jeans: LEC

Comment

@Sdot: Looking sharp! Is that a cotton jacket? Makes me think I need to go get mine altered and start wearing it now instead of waiting for spring.
                        @TomasR: Excellent news on your donegal jacket. I actually had the same experience. :-) Did you get the pants, too? I got a pair, but I haven't had them hemmed yet. I'm going to get them cuffed. Even then, though, I expect that the jacket will be getting plenty of use even without the pants.

And to both of you... I've never been a fan of knit ties, but shots like these are starting to bring me around.

Comment

@Acousticfoodie
                          Thanks! That's actually the length I keep my beard at. I sometimes let it get pretty grizzled, but my hair gets more and more wavy the longer it gets and the beard loses its smooth appearance as a result. As for your look, once again...sweater/shirt/tie combo is aces.

@alan
                          I didn't get the pants as I tend to prefer blazers over full suits. I'd look way out of place on the job rocking a full suit. I also haven't really gotten into the wool pants thing yet. Still trying to find my style footing while avoiding purchases I'm not 100% sure about. Out of curiosity, how is the fit on the pants? I always get my pants tapered, but how are they above the knee?

Also, KNIT TIES FOREVER.

Comment

@TomasR: If you're not sure about wool pants, I wouldn't even begin to consider these. They're itchy like the jacket except there's much more skin contact. They're only half-lined to the knee so the full backs of your legs will itch up a storm. That being said, I found the fit to be pretty good. It's a beltless pair of pants, but it has built-in adjustments on the sides.

@Acousticfoodie: I really like that shirt and tie. I like the way cardigans look on other people, but I don't feel like it's a look I can pull off, myself.
                            Last edited by alan; November 21, 2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
                              Trying out a new combo with the L.E. Donegal tweed blazer that is becoming my go-to for the season. Still can't believe I got it for $125 and it fit perfectly out of the box. Even my exacting tailor said there were no alterations worth making.

Shirt: Uniqlo OCBD
                              Tie: The Tie Bar
                              Tie clip: The Tie Bar
                              Pocket square: Red bandana from Army/Navy store
                              Blazer: Land's End Donegal tweed in tailored fit
                              Pants: Tailored J. Crew 484 slim fit corduroys
                              Socks: Uniqlo
                              Shoes: Florsheim wingtips
                              Looking dapper man
                              #StayDapper

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                                @Sdot: Looking sharp! Is that a cotton jacket? Makes me think I need to go get mine altered and start wearing it now instead of waiting for spring.

And to both of you... I've never been a fan of knit ties, but shots like these are starting to bring me around.
                                Thanks @alan. Yea, it's cotton...BR. I thinks it's ok to wear in the fall months as well, especially on a 60deg day like it was when I wore it.
                                #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X