• Show
Clear All

Jacket: Gap
    Shirt: Gap
    Tie: Thrifted
    Pants: Jcrew
    Shoes: J&M

Comment

@Acousticfoodie a little too matchy matchy for me, but overall great look. You have quite the blazer spread...still building mine.
      "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

@Foodie Just a funny observation, how come pooh bear doesn't move off the back of the couch in your shots from yesterday..it's like you tried on all the outfits in one day ;P

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
          @Foodie Just a funny observation, how come pooh bear doesn't move off the back of the couch in your shots from yesterday..it's like you tried on all the outfits in one day ;P
          Just like acousticfoodie's mirror, acousticfoodie rarely touches pooh bear!

@Sdot: Hmm, perhaps a charcoal scarf next time?

Comment

@acousticfoodie yea, something to break the colors up more. Maybe a dark charcoal like the one in the current scarf or even a light beige the color of your sleeve patches? Idk...just a thought. But don't get me wrong, the look is good as usual.
            "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
            #StayDapper

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              Got my peacoat back had a lot taken in, waist is a bit loose but to avoid an extreme femmy drop and it's rather tight when driving.
              Wait, you can have a peacoat taken in? I have a Lands End pea coat that I got before I was quite as concerned with fit. It's a great looking coat, but is a bit too roomy and the sleeves are too long. I was under the impression that clothing with as much bulk as a peacoat couldn't really be tailored. I might have to look into this.

Comment

@acousticfoodie @sdot
                I think the lighting might be making the outfit seem more matchy than it is, but I do think a navy or green knit tie would add some punch to the outfit. Digging the texture combo though. The knit tie with herringbone blazer and corduroy patches is quite well done. Good call on the pants too as they match the color of the patches without seeming affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                  Wait, you can have a peacoat taken in? I have a Lands End pea coat that I got before I was quite as concerned with fit. It's a great looking coat, but is a bit too roomy and the sleeves are too long. I was under the impression that clothing with as much bulk as a peacoat couldn't really be tailored. I might have to look into this.
                  You can have almost anything tailored, it's just a matter of finding a skillful tailor. Even if you're not sure, a skillful tailor will tell you outright whether or not a job is doable and worth the money.

Comment

Acousticfoodie, I love the latest outfit. I have no criticisms and only compliments, especially for the scarf. Don't switch out the scarf!

Comment

@Foodie, where do you generally get your socks. I'm a big fan of the blue & red argyle especially

Comment

There's been a lot of discussion around the threads lately about pea coats and I've occassionally piped up to recommend surplus stores. To that end, here's a shot of me from yesterday (yay for Sunday at the office!) in my pea coat that I picked up at a military surplus store in Berkeley 11 years ago. Its treated me well all these years.

Shirt: J Crew factory
                        Pants: Levis
                        Last edited by Shomas; November 19, 2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

@Shomas: Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMahh View Post
                            @Foodie, where do you generally get your socks. I'm a big fan of the blue & red argyle especially
                            Hey Danny, just go to Target! I got them for around 2 bucks I think.

@shomas: Nice! I like it when people are able to wear the same stuff for decades, that's one durable peacoat!

Comment

a little late to the party. But hot damn @FOODIE, your spread was RIDICULOUSLY fresh...digged all the fits...DAMN!
                              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Thanks guys. @Acousticfoodie, it has indeed been very durable. I've had to get the lining replaced once and a button-hole repaired, but at this point, the coat's a real member of team Shomas and I've made a lot of good memories wearing it, so I don't mind spending a bit here and there to rehab it. Other than maybe my glasses, this item has to have one of the lowest costs-per-wear of any item I've ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                                X