Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@alan last two looks are dapper! Loving the chunky sweater in pic 2.
    "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

This Aran cardigan came in the mail today from someone at Styleforum. I'm about to handwash it — he got it at a thrift I assume — and if it's dry in the morning I might rock it for WI'MWT or something like that.

Comment

I like it! Try it with the bottom button undone, I think it might add some shape to it and take it over the top!

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
          This Aran cardigan came in the mail today from someone at Styleforum. I'm about to handwash it — he got it at a thrift I assume — and if it's dry in the morning I might rock it for WI'MWT or something like that.
          Depending on how much you paid, that's a great buy. Sweater is awesome. Agree with @Focus.
          #StayDapper

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
            @LesserBlackDog: LBD? BenR? What do we call you now? Anyways, the last get-up of yours is crazy good. The whole thing. Just... Fantastic, man.
            Working on it... trying to get my username changed to BenR. LesserBlackDog was always my login name at the old forum but I had BenR set as my screen name.

Also, if you go into your general settings under settings, you can edit the number of posts shown per page. I've got mine set to 20.
            Ben

Comment

$45 shipped.

I'm pretty sure it's the hand finished one from a few labels ago — the knit is a bit too perfect to be hand done, to my eye — but it's still a great deal.

http://www.johnmolloy.com/catalogue.php

Comment

casual friday at the library.

shoes: reebok ice cream board flip.
                pants: levi's 501s
                shirt - langhorne slim and the law t-shirt i bought after his concert. thrifted lands end fleece polo pull-over
                watch - timex weekender from the groupon. olive and red strap.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                  $45 shipped.

I'm pretty sure it's the hand finished one from a few labels ago — the knit is a bit too perfect to be hand done, to my eye — but it's still a great deal.

http://www.johnmolloy.com/catalogue.php
                  do you own it Jon? Whats the fit like, been looknig for a good cable knit...
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

Yeah, it's the one I posted on the last page. I'm back to thinking it's the hand-woven one.

I think it's pretty great. Since it was thrifted, it's currently drying from a hand washing, but I plan on wearing it often as soon as I can.

Capnwes over at SF just found this one, if you're in the market:

It's a small, though.

Comment

o ok, i completely mised that last post...my interest is aroused...
                      I>0<I

Comment

Well, figure it's time I make my WIWT debut. Be gentle.

Pardon the messy beard and hair, I have a barber's appointment later today.

Details
                        Blazer: Land's End donegal tweed in tailored fit
                        Shirt: Uniqlo
                        Tie & tie bar: The Tie Bar
                        Pants: Uniqlo slim fit chinos
                        Pocket square: Camo bandana from Army/Navy store
                        Watch: Bertucci field watch
                        Not pictured: Chocolate suede chukka boots with blue laces

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post

Details
                          Looking dapper!
                          #StayDapper

Comment

I dig the overall look - the pocket square could go, in my opinion. You have plenty of pattern-mixing going on here so you have to be careful you aren't overdoing it, and... well, I personally just loathe camo.
                            I have the same tie and tie bar and sometimes its difficult to mix with shirts because of color-contrasting. It looks too light next to light-colored shirts, and too dark on dark-colored shirts. I think a navy or black blazer would set this off really well and would reduce the excess of patterns.

Based on what a lot of people go for on this site/forum, i would venture to say most people would recommend dropping the tie and putting a sweater on in there to break up the patterns, as well. When i mix it up like this my fear is often that I will look back someday on a picture and say "oh, man... was that trendy or something?" hence why i went with a plain black tux with black bowtie for my wedding. but there were significantly more pictures taken there than in my work office, so much less pressure!

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post

Details
                              Looks very good TomasR. Your pattern mixing is good. i think the 4 patterns you have on are done well, and chukka boots certainly would seem in place for the look.
                              I>0<I

Comment

@SDot
                                Thanks, man!

@j.r.
                                I'm a big fan of pattern/texture mixing, but I'm early in my menswear geek development. Definitely looking to add some more solids into my wardrobe come the Holiday sale bonanza. Also, funny enough, I have a J. Crew navy cotton blazer I've worn with more or less the exact same kit. Going with the tweed was a more functional choice as I love the blazer/scarf/gloves combo as outerwear and tweed is warm enough to get me through the start of NYC winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X