X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportcoat from itailor-$125
    Blue royal oxford-fitcustomshirts
    Sears charcoal wool pants.. Ick.

And I had one pocket tucked in until after the photo when I saw it.

Looks like foodie touched my mirror too.

Comment

• Well... this is a lousy pic, but:

J.Crew jacket (darker in reality than in the picture)
      Thrifted waistcoat
      LEC oxford
      Thrifted tie
      Not pictured:
      LEC cords
      Chippewa boots
      Montana Silversmiths buckle
      Seiko chronograph watch

@mr. mr. - Feedback (or, "unsolicited advice") has been a central part of this thread since its beginning. It would be a little silly to post outfit pictures on a style forum and not expect to get comments, feedback, and even constructive criticism regarding that outfit. If you don't want anyone to comment on your pics, you are more than free to write that in your posts.
      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; November 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM.
      Ben

Comment

• There seems to be a fish tie theme the past few days

Comment

• Them ain't fish! They're just little paisley designs, with tiny pheasants interspersed. I actually bought this tie solely for the pheasants (my dad is an upland fowl hunter).
          Ben

Comment

• i just felt that sdot's response to jon was a bit brusque and while it may fly for regulars, if i was a newbie who posted my first outfit i might be a bit taken aback.

Comment

• Originally posted by BB View Post
              Iiiiiiii'm a boat captain...

Very nice fit, the blazer def toned down the strength of the shirt. Nice play with color with out o/ding. As suggested before different color boats, maybe dark green or blue boats. I say dark green as another earth element but you may not want too much color going on.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Well... this is a lousy pic, but:

Thrifted waistcoat
              LEC oxford
              Thrifted tie
              Not pictured:
              LEC cords
              Chippewa boots
              Seiko chronograph watch

@mr. mr. - Feedback (or, "unsolicited advice") has been a central part of this thread since its beginning. It would be a little silly to post outfit pictures on a style forum and not expect to get comments, feedback, and even constructive criticism regarding that outfit. If you don't want anyone to comment on your pics, you are more than free to write that in your posts.
              This is a sweet look Ben (nice name change btw) looking real old country with the waistcoat and SC...
              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

• I have to admit, I've never even considered wearing paisley. It always struck me as something very, um... old and out of touch. For years I would say stuff like "check out the dude with the sperm tie/shirt." Weirdly, I don't have that association anymore. So, after seeing BenR's look and thinking, "looks good," I just went to go look at some hand me down ties from my dad that I have in a box in the closet, and have never worn... and it turns out I've got some vintage paisley ties. Can you steam ties, by the way?

Comment

I have to admit, I've never even considered wearing paisley. It always struck me as something very, um... old and out of touch. For years I would say stuff like "check out the dude with the sperm tie/shirt." Weirdly, I don't have that association anymore. So, after seeing BenR's look and thinking, "looks good," I just went to go look at some hand me down ties from my dad that I have in a box in the closet, and have never worn... and it turns out I've got some vintage paisley ties. Can you steam ties, by the way?
                  i had the same feeling as you BB, even now at time i still think it looks wierd if the paisley is some weird color. Btw, yea steaming a tie is the best way to do it dont stretch it though as the fabric will be moist.
                  Last edited by MaxMan; November 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM.
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Well... this is a lousy pic, but:

Thrifted waistcoat
                    LEC oxford
                    Thrifted tie
                    Not pictured:
                    LEC cords
                    Chippewa boots
                    Seiko chronograph watch

textures are dope. between hell on wheels and boardwalk empire i've been drooling over tweed/herringbone/etc

Comment

• Thanks Max!

Comment

• Oh, and I think mr mr's comment is a good thing to keep in mind -- as a reminder to consider tone. I think we do well in this regard, but it's good to be reminded as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
                          i just felt that sdot's response to jon was a bit brusque and while it may fly for regulars, if i was a newbie who posted my first outfit i might be a bit taken aback.
                          If you can't take the heat...get out the kitchen. Anytime I respond, I try to point out the good. However, there wasn't too much in his posting. If you look at my history dating back to the previous forum, others will tell you I don't just bash people. I'm hear to help
                          "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                          #StayDapper

Comment

Iiiiiiii'm a boat captain...

I don't think I could pull that shirt off...so kudos!
                            "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                            #StayDapper

Comment

• It's true, SDot has given quite a bit of helpful feedback to me and many others. But I'm not sure we need to think of ourselves as "trial by fire..."

Comment

• Ha... I'll take that as "I tried to find something good to say!"

Comment

Working...
                                X